General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

ping chung (sigh)

Started by Scientist · · Last activity · 9 posts · 349 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
15 February 2004
Last activity
15 February 2004
Original author
Scientist
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
349
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Dr Chung said:

    Appreciate the discussion, though I sense your agenda is elsewhere.

    No agenda, not against you or anyone or anything.

    You are right that her 7 year history *may* be something of a "cushioner" but that also may not
    strictly be so. Her disease may have progressed over time. If she hasn't had ECG during an episode
    then no other test is going to substitute for it is it? No, so she really should get it done as soon
    as she has another episode. Perhaps Annia should explore the many cardio related websites on the net
    and she could see for herself how important it is to do ECG while the heart is malfunctioning rather
    than afterwards when it is doing something else.

    You are right that I am not an MD, I am a scientist. I deal only in reality. I have undertaken
    research work with more highly qualified medical proffesionals than the likes of you so it's best
    you stick to the subject matter rather than talk about who is a doctor or has an agenda here. If you
    still disagree that Annia should visit ER (or a cardio who will check her ECG immediately) as soon
    as she has an episode then that's too bad. Your advice is erroneous as is the advice of many medical
    doctors I am afraid to say.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you consider the content of this post to be particularly offensive, disgusting or plain illegal,
    it is probably 'designer abuse', a message designed specifically to hurt the remailer's
    reputation/existence. groups.google.comgroups
    8&output=gplain Some people hate this remailer so badly that, for example, they did not hesitate to
    celebrate the death of 148 French tourists in a plane crash. Those people seceded from the human
    race, so don't hesitate to report them directly to the police.
    2004/01/03 (contact <[email hidden]>😉 Blue.Jay celebratesgroups?selm=Ymx1ZWpheQ%3D%3D.19d787f018eb3019d6fd3faa2125547c%401073158846.cotse.net&oe=UTF-
    8&output=gplain
    2004/02/19 <[email hidden]> Len Sassaman chooses that moment to bring his support to Blue.Jay
    ://groups.google.com/groups?selm=Pine.LNX.4.58.0401181826110.31463%40thetis.deor.org&oe=UTF-
    8&output=gplain

    More about the subject will be available frogadmin.yi.orgHOS

  2. scientist scientist@scientist said:

    You are right that I am not an MD, I am a scientist.

    ...............

    You can be forgiven ... because you make so much damned sense!!! :-)

    Thanks for your input.

    There is a product called the "HeartCard®" that is slightly larger than a credit card (around 3½" x
    2"😉. Annia could keep it with her at all times, and when she has an episiode of tachycardia, she
    simply places the card over her sternum and presses a button. The card records a 30 second EKG
    (actually up to three 30 second EKGs) that can be transferred to a central office by placing the
    card up to a telephone and pushing another button telephone and then relayed to Annia's REAL doctor.
    Seems to me that makes a whole lot more sense than to assume as does Dr. Chung that Annia has a
    normal heart and that therefore the arrhythmia presents no threat unless it is prolonged.

    The website describing the HeartCard® is below. Annia should discuss it with her REAL doctor, who
    can order it for her if he or she feels it appropriate.

    cardguard.comproducts details.asp

    smn

    (PS - Disclaimer: I have no connection - financial or otherwise - with Card Guard®, the manufacturer
    of the HeartCard®.)

  3. Addendum -

    Just to be clear ...

    The HeartCard® gives a one-lead EKG, not the 12-lead EKG that one typically gets in the doctor's
    office. But the doctor can tell from reading the one-lead EKG what, if any, further testing is
    indicated.

    smn

  4. Stephen Nagler <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    scientist scientist@scientist said:

    You are right that I am not an MD, I am a scientist.

    ...............

    You can be forgiven ... because you make so much damned sense!!! :-)

    Thanks for your input.

    There is a product called the "HeartCard®" that is slightly larger than a credit card (around 3½"
    x 2"😉. Annia could keep it with her at all times, and when she has an episiode of tachycardia, she
    simply places the card over her sternum and presses a button. The card records a 30 second EKG
    (actually up to three 30 second EKGs) that can be transferred to a central office by placing the
    card up to a telephone and pushing another button telephone and then relayed to Annia's REAL
    doctor. Seems to me that makes a whole lot more sense than to assume as does Dr. Chung that Annia
    has a normal heart and that therefore the arrhythmia presents no threat unless it is prolonged.

    The website describing the HeartCard® is below. Annia should discuss it with her REAL doctor, who
    can order it for her if he or she feels it appropriate.

    Thanks for the info. I will discuss this with my cardiologist, but not until after I have a stress
    test (which I'm hoping will trigger an episode).

    Sincerely, Annia

    Quoted message said:


    cardguard.comproducts details.asp

    smn

    (PS - Disclaimer: I have no connection - financial or otherwise - with Card Guard®, the
    manufacturer of the HeartCard®.)

  5. scientist <scientist@scientist> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Dr Chung said:

    Appreciate the discussion, though I sense your agenda is elsewhere.

    No agenda, not against you or anyone or anything.

    You are right that her 7 year history *may* be something of a "cushioner" but that also may not
    strictly be so. Her disease may have progressed over time. If she hasn't had ECG during an episode
    then no other test is going to substitute for it is it? No, so she really should get it done as
    soon as she has another episode. Perhaps Annia should explore the many cardio related websites on
    the net and she could see for herself how important it is to do ECG while the heart is
    malfunctioning rather than afterwards when it is doing something else.

    My doctor *did* emphasize the importance of "capturing" an event. I've never denied that.

    Quoted message said:


    You are right that I am not an MD, I am a scientist. I deal only in reality. I have undertaken
    research work with more highly qualified medical proffesionals than the likes of you so it's best
    you stick to the subject matter rather than talk about who is a doctor or has an agenda here. If
    you still disagree that Annia should visit ER (or a cardio who will check her ECG immediately) as
    soon as she has an episode then that's too bad. Your advice is erroneous as is the advice of many
    medical doctors I am afraid to say.

    The only problem I have with your suggestion is, even if I do go to the ER during an event, the
    chances of seeing a doctor before it ends are pretty close to zero. I know this from experience. My
    only hope would be to call an ambulance ...I don't think I could do that (again).

    Sincerely, Annia

    Quoted message said:

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you consider the content of this post to be particularly offensive, disgusting or plain
    illegal, it is probably 'designer abuse', a message designed specifically to hurt the remailer's
    reputation/existence. groups.google.comgroups
    8&output=gplain Some people hate this remailer so badly that, for example, they did not hesitate
    to celebrate the death of 148 French tourists in a plane crash. Those people seceded from the
    human race, so don't hesitate to report them directly to the police.
    2004/01/03 (contact <[email hidden]>😉 Blue.Jay celebratesoups?selm=Ymx1ZWpheQ%3D%3D.19d787f018eb3019d6fd3faa2125547c%401073158846.cotse.net&oe=UTF-
    8&output=gplain
    2004/01/19 <[email hidden]> Len Sassaman chooses that moment to bring his support to
    Blue.Jay/groups.google.com/groups?selm=Pine.LNX.4.58.0401181826110.31463%40thetis.deor.org&oe=UTF-
    8&output=gplain

    More about the subject will be available frogadmin.yi.orgHOS

  6. On 15 Feb 2004 08:24:14 -0800, [email hidden]

    (Annia) said:

    Thanks for the info. I will discuss this with my cardiologist, but not until after I have a stress
    test (which I'm hoping will trigger an episode).

    .........

    That makes good sense to me, Annia. If you are lucky(?) enough to have an episode during your stress
    test, it would make things much easier from a diagnostic standpoint.

    Best of luck to you -

    smn

  7. scientist <scientist@scientist> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Dr Chung said:

    Appreciate the discussion, though I sense your agenda is elsewhere.

    No agenda, not against you or anyone or anything.

    Again, I sense something else.

    You may certainly prove that I am wrong by revealing your true identity.

    Servant to the humblest person in the universe,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    heartmdphd.comheartmdphd.com

    **
    Who is the humblest person in the universe?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

    What is all this about?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

    Is this spam?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

  8. Annia said:

    Stephen Nagler <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    scientist scientist@scientist said:

    You are right that I am not an MD, I am a scientist.

    ...............

    You can be forgiven ... because you make so much damned sense!!! :-)

    Thanks for your input.

    There is a product called the "HeartCard®" that is slightly larger than a credit card (around
    3½" x 2"😉. Annia could keep it with her at all times, and when she has an episiode of
    tachycardia, she simply places the card over her sternum and presses a button. The card records
    a 30 second EKG (actually up to three 30 second EKGs) that can be transferred to a central
    office by placing the card up to a telephone and pushing another button telephone and then
    relayed to Annia's REAL doctor. Seems to me that makes a whole lot more sense than to assume as
    does Dr. Chung that Annia has a normal heart and that therefore the arrhythmia presents no
    threat unless it is prolonged.

    The website describing the HeartCard® is below. Annia should discuss it with her REAL doctor,
    who can order it for her if he or she feels it appropriate.

    Thanks for the info. I will discuss this with my cardiologist, but not until after I have a stress
    test (which I'm hoping will trigger an episode).

    That would be wise, Annia.

    The HeartCard is not the best "event recorder" (only has one channel and because of poor design
    misses a lot).

    Servant to the humblest person in the universe,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    heartmdphd.comheartmdphd.com

    **
    Who is the humblest person in the universe?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

    What is all this about?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

    Is this spam?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

  9. Dr. Andrew B. Chung said:

    scientist <scientist@scientist> wrote in message news:<F4QTSSQZ38032.4549652778@Gilgamesh-
    Frog.org>...

    Quoted message said:
    Dr Chung said:

    Appreciate the discussion, though I sense your agenda is elsewhere.

    Chung not only has a Truth Discernment Ray Gun, he also has a "Sensing Hydrodynamometric Hidden-
    Truth Detector, and Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich" of rare effectiveness. It can "sense" things
    not in discussion. It can "sense" what's in people's hearts. It can "sense" *exactly* what God wants
    from him and everybody else. It can "sense" when others have the "truth discernment gift" - which
    means that they agree with Chung because he has all the truth there is... <LOL>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    No agenda, not against you or anyone or anything.

    Again, I sense something else.

    Right. <LOL> Like Chung "senses" people's BMI's from across the sea.

    Quoted message said:

    You may certainly prove that I am wrong by revealing your true identity.

    <LOL> Tell that to your alter ego, Mu_ltiple P_ersonalities.

    I "sense" that Chung and his other, equally scurrilous other half, Mu_cus are liars, frauds, quacks,
    charlatans.

    Zowie, I'm good...

    Bob

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.