rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Ping Danger Uni - How's the Knee?

Started by Memphis Mud · · Last activity · 13 posts · 154 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
9 November 2007
Last activity
9 November 2007
Original author
Memphis Mud
Posts
13
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
154
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–13 of 13
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Kris, how's your knee saga coming along? Please tell me you're doing
    well. Also tell me recoup time is less than 6 months.

    Last weekend I got tangled in my MUni. MRI was Tuesday. I don't know
    the results of it yet. We know the MCL is torn (and can heal without
    surgery). MRI will tell me about the ACL (which, if torn, will need
    surgery). I've been benched for a week and I'm in Unidepression. What
    are you doing to hasten recovery? Stationary B*ke?

    http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63861&page=6&highlight=torn+ACL (Kris' Knee
    Thread)

    --
    Memphis Mud
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65594

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Memphis Mud said:

    ...I've been benched for a week and I'm in Unidepression. ...

    MM,

    Maybe MUC could come by and ride around in front of your house. Would
    that help? 🙄

    Hope you get well soon. I have been thinking about ordering one of the
    new Cokers and I will need some riding buddies.

    WR

    --
    Wheel Rider

    A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
    blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65594

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. Memphis Mud said:

    ...I've been benched for a week and I'm in Unidepression. ...

    MM,

    Maybe MUC could come by and ride around in front of your house. Would
    that help? 🙄

    Hope you get well soon. I have been thinking about ordering one of the
    new Cokers and I will need some riding buddies.

    WR

    --
    Wheel Rider

    A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
    blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65594

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. Memphis Mud said:

    ...I've been benched for a week and I'm in Unidepression. ...

    MM,

    Maybe MUC could come by and ride around in front of your house. Would
    that help? 🙄

    Hope you get well soon. I have been thinking about ordering one of the
    new Cokers and I will need some riding buddies.

    WR

    --
    Wheel Rider

    A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
    blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65594

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  5. Oh come on it's Kris Holm he's probably doing one handed back
    handsprings to pass time 😉.

    Hope you get well soon, both of you.

    --
    Joe2005

    nobody knows what happened to that boy after that.-Nutcracker

    i know. he was kidnapped by aliens, learnt their ways, stole the
    biggest ship he could, travelled back in time by mistake and crashed
    the plane on the earth surface. he was the one who killed the
    dinosaurs. -ivan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Joe2005's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13692
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65594

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  6. Oh come on it's Kris Holm he's probably doing one handed back
    handsprings to pass time 😉.

    Hope you get well soon, both of you.

    --
    Joe2005

    nobody knows what happened to that boy after that.-Nutcracker

    i know. he was kidnapped by aliens, learnt their ways, stole the
    biggest ship he could, travelled back in time by mistake and crashed
    the plane on the earth surface. he was the one who killed the
    dinosaurs. -ivan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Joe2005's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13692
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65594

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  7. Oh come on it's Kris Holm he's probably doing one handed back
    handsprings to pass time 😉.

    Hope you get well soon, both of you.

    --
    Joe2005

    nobody knows what happened to that boy after that.-Nutcracker

    i know. he was kidnapped by aliens, learnt their ways, stole the
    biggest ship he could, travelled back in time by mistake and crashed
    the plane on the earth surface. he was the one who killed the
    dinosaurs. -ivan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Joe2005's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13692
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65594

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  8. Hey,

    Thanks for the interest. I'm scheduled for ACL replacement surgery on
    December 3rd, and in the meantime I'm trying to keep fit by riding a
    stationary bike and doing Pilates and Yoga. It's a bit boring but
    at least it's not too painful and I can get around OK. The hardest
    thing is resisting the temptation to push too hard and make it worse -
    no back handsprings allowed =). The average full recovery time after
    surgery is about 6 months, so hopefully I should be back at 100% for
    next summer.

    Hope your own knee injury gets better soon!

    Kris

    --
    danger_uni
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    danger_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/21
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65594

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  9. Hey,

    Thanks for the interest. I'm scheduled for ACL replacement surgery on
    December 3rd, and in the meantime I'm trying to keep fit by riding a
    stationary bike and doing Pilates and Yoga. It's a bit boring but
    at least it's not too painful and I can get around OK. The hardest
    thing is resisting the temptation to push too hard and make it worse -
    no back handsprings allowed =). The average full recovery time after
    surgery is about 6 months, so hopefully I should be back at 100% for
    next summer.

    Hope your own knee injury gets better soon!

    Kris

    --
    danger_uni
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    danger_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/21
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65594

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  10. Hey,

    Thanks for the interest. I'm scheduled for ACL replacement surgery on
    December 3rd, and in the meantime I'm trying to keep fit by riding a
    stationary bike and doing Pilates and Yoga. It's a bit boring but
    at least it's not too painful and I can get around OK. The hardest
    thing is resisting the temptation to push too hard and make it worse -
    no back handsprings allowed =). The average full recovery time after
    surgery is about 6 months, so hopefully I should be back at 100% for
    next summer.

    Hope your own knee injury gets better soon!

    Kris

    --
    danger_uni
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    danger_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/21
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65594

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  11. That sucks about your MCL Memphis 🙁 My wife tore hers over the summer
    and was in a knee brace for months... Funny thing is she relearned how
    to ride a uni while she was in the brace, at a time when she couldn't
    walk without it :P Then she took a bad fall and re-injured it 😉
    She's out of the brace now, still not 100% though... no uni for her
    till next summer 🙁

    --
    evil-nick

    Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
    obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
    through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
    its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
    remain.

    * Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

    I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

    My gallery:
    http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
    Our Club:
    http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65594

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  12. That sucks about your MCL Memphis 🙁 My wife tore hers over the summer
    and was in a knee brace for months... Funny thing is she relearned how
    to ride a uni while she was in the brace, at a time when she couldn't
    walk without it :P Then she took a bad fall and re-injured it 😉
    She's out of the brace now, still not 100% though... no uni for her
    till next summer 🙁

    --
    evil-nick

    Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
    obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
    through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
    its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
    remain.

    * Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

    I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

    My gallery:
    http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
    Our Club:
    http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65594

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  13. That sucks about your MCL Memphis 🙁 My wife tore hers over the summer
    and was in a knee brace for months... Funny thing is she relearned how
    to ride a uni while she was in the brace, at a time when she couldn't
    walk without it :P Then she took a bad fall and re-injured it 😉
    She's out of the brace now, still not 100% though... no uni for her
    till next summer 🙁

    --
    evil-nick

    Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
    obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
    through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
    its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
    remain.

    * Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

    I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

    My gallery:
    http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
    Our Club:
    http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65594

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.