General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Ping Jillie

Started by Margaret Suran · · Last activity · 22 posts · 618 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
18 October 2005
Last activity
22 October 2005
Original author
Margaret Suran
Posts
22
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
618
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–22 of 22
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. TammyM said:

    On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:42:22 -0700, sf <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    TammyM said:

    I'm just north of town in South Natomas :-)

    Natomas Park, Natomas... near the arena? We looked at homes there for
    a couple of years. Never did move though.


    No, that's North Natomas. Much tonier. I live in the 'hood. If you
    move to this area, move away from the flood plain -- like, well East
    of here on higher ground. They tell us we've now 100 year flood
    protection due to levee improvements. Yeah right. They're the
    government and they're here to help. :-P


    🙂 I thought all of Sacramento (city) was a flood plain. It may be
    pretty being at the convergence of 3 major rivers, but it's not dry
    unless engineered and we know the state of the levy system in the
    delta approximates that of prehurricane New Orleans.

  2. On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 08:43:02 -0700, sf <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    TammyM said:

    On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:42:22 -0700, sf <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:49:24 GMT, TammyM wrote:

    > I'm just north of town in South Natomas :-)

    Natomas Park, Natomas... near the arena? We looked at homes there for
    a couple of years. Never did move though.


    No, that's North Natomas. Much tonier. I live in the 'hood. If you
    move to this area, move away from the flood plain -- like, well East
    of here on higher ground. They tell us we've now 100 year flood
    protection due to levee improvements. Yeah right. They're the
    government and they're here to help. :-P


    🙂 I thought all of Sacramento (city) was a flood plain. It may be
    pretty being at the convergence of 3 major rivers, but it's not dry
    unless engineered and we know the state of the levy system in the
    delta approximates that of prehurricane New Orleans.


    I live near the confluence of 2 rivers - what's the 3rd to which you
    refer? The Feather? It's well north. The levees in this area no
    longer resemble those in New Orleans. Still, I don't trust em. I've
    lived here a long time and have seen a lot. 3 close calls with
    flooding teaches you a few things. When the pineapple express comes
    through again, or anything like it, this kid is ready to rumble.

    TammyM

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.