PING: spider

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    (assuming you can refocus off HWMNBN and Iraq for a moment)

    can you inquire locally about the rideablity of the Lochsa Down River Trail? I would assume folks
    from your area might go and ride it. The info I have from the ranger district in conflicting. One
    piece of info says it's closed to bikes due to steep rocky nature, but that it's in good condition
    and maintained annually. The other piece of information I have is that bikes are the only "vehicles"
    allowed on the trail. The trail parallels the Lochsa for 17 miles, and all I can tell the that the
    canyon is fairly steep. From what I can see the trail follows the topography but who's to say
    whether it's carved into a rocky canyon wall with cliff drop offs, or if it's a nice forest trail
    with a little sidehill action going on, up above the river

    Penny

    Tags:

  2. Spider

    Spider Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > (assuming you can refocus off HWMNBN and Iraq for a moment)

    You wouldn't be commenting about my postings in an alt.* newsgroup, would you? :)

    > can you inquire locally about the rideablity of the Lochsa Down River Trail? I would assume folks
    > from your area might go and ride it. The info I have from the ranger district in conflicting. One
    > piece of info says it's closed to bikes due to steep rocky nature, but that it's in good condition
    > and maintained annually. The other piece of information I have is that bikes are the only
    > "vehicles" allowed on the trail. The trail parallels the Lochsa for 17 miles, and all I can tell
    > the that the canyon is fairly steep. From what I can see the trail follows the topography but
    > who's to say whether it's carved into a rocky canyon wall with cliff drop offs, or if it's a nice
    > forest trail with a little sidehill action going on, up above the river

    I'll see what I can find out. It rings a bell, for some reason. Dang, I was just at the LBS an hour
    ago, too...

    Spider

  3. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > (assuming you can refocus off HWMNBN and Iraq for a moment)
    >
    > You wouldn't be commenting about my postings in an alt.* newsgroup, would you? :)

    have you ever posted on topic? ;-)

    > > can you inquire locally about the rideablity of the Lochsa Down River
    Trail?

    > I'll see what I can find out. It rings a bell, for some reason. Dang, I was just at the LBS an
    > hour ago, too...

    thanks that would be totally awesome.

    Penny

  4. Spider

    Spider Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]gle.com...
    > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > (assuming you can refocus off HWMNBN and Iraq for a moment)
    > >
    > > You wouldn't be commenting about my postings in an alt.* newsgroup, would you? :)
    > >

    > have you ever posted on topic? ;-)

    Oooo, that's a low blow. :D

    > > > can you inquire locally about the rideablity of the Lochsa Down River
    > Trail?
    > >
    > > I'll see what I can find out. It rings a bell, for some reason. Dang, I was just at the LBS an
    > > hour ago, too...
    > >

    > thanks that would be totally awesome.

    I hope you're not in a hurry. I'm gonna need to wait to the weekend to either ask around or to go
    there meself.

    Spider

  5. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > have you ever posted on topic? ;-)
    >
    > Oooo, that's a low blow. :D

    well, have you??

    River
    > > Trail?
    > I hope you're not in a hurry. I'm gonna need to wait to the weekend to either ask around or to go
    > there meself.
    >
    > Spider

    Oh, not at all. After all monsoon season is about to kick in. And all my plans for spring outings
    may be foiled by having a kid in soccer anyway.

    thanks so much!!

    penny

  6. Spider

    Spider Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > >

    > > > have you ever posted on topic? ;-)
    > >
    > > Oooo, that's a low blow. :D
    >
    > well, have you??

    Sure. Not much this month.

    > River
    > > > Trail?
    > > I hope you're not in a hurry. I'm gonna need to wait to the weekend to either ask around or to
    > > go there meself.
    > >
    > > Spider
    >
    > Oh, not at all. After all monsoon season is about to kick in. And all my plans for spring outings
    > may be foiled by having a kid in soccer anyway.
    >
    > thanks so much!!

    LOL! Monsoon season, in the Inland Empire? Well, maybe. :/

    Moscow Mt.'s south side dries out pretty nicely after a few days of sun. Especially at the higher
    points. Early April, my best guess.

    I'll get back to you as soon as I find out what the deal is.

    Spider