ping Wayne

On Fri 25 Nov 2005 02:26:25p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Ophelia?

> "Elaine Parrish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>

> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Ophelia wrote:
>

>> "jake" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > That may very well be. I've enver seen curd of the sort that seems
>> > to be discussed here. Í suspect it isnt availbale in teh shops.

>> I haven't seen curd for sale for many years which is why I make my own
>>

> Here in the USA, cottage cheese is curds and whey. "Large curd" cottage
> cheese can be drained and washed of the whey for curds.
>
> you are lucky:))

But, Ophelia, I think the curds that are used in recipes like you posted
are supposed to be much softer than those in US cottage cheese.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

"Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri 25 Nov 2005 02:26:25p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
> Ophelia?
>

>> "Elaine Parrish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:p[email protected]...
>>

>> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>>> "jake" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> I haven't seen curd for sale for many years which is why I make my
>>> own
>>>

>> Here in the USA, cottage cheese is curds and whey. "Large curd"
>> cottage
>> cheese can be drained and washed of the whey for curds.
>>
>> you are lucky:))

> But, Ophelia, I think the curds that are used in recipes like you
> posted
> are supposed to be much softer than those in US cottage cheese.

Ok I don't know what yours are like.. but if you do as I do.. and put
your soured milk into a cloth overnight and strain it.. you will see
what I mean:))

Add egg and some butter, sugar, currants and a squeeze of lemon..... put
into pastry... and blisssssssssssssssssssss:))

I grew up with this:)

On Fri 25 Nov 2005 02:54:24p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Ophelia?

> "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Fri 25 Nov 2005 02:26:25p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>> Ophelia?
>>

>>> "Elaine Parrish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:p[email protected]...

>>> Here in the USA, cottage cheese is curds and whey. "Large curd"
>>> cottage cheese can be drained and washed of the whey for curds.
>>>
>>> you are lucky:))

>> But, Ophelia, I think the curds that are used in recipes like you
>> posted are supposed to be much softer than those in US cottage cheese.

> Ok I don't know what yours are like.. but if you do as I do.. and put
> your soured milk into a cloth overnight and strain it.. you will see
> what I mean:))
>
> Add egg and some butter, sugar, currants and a squeeze of lemon..... put
> into pastry... and blisssssssssssssssssssss:))
>
> I grew up with this:)

I will know on Sunday. I'm going to make the curds tomorrow. I previously
saved the group of recipes you posted, as well as the single one you said
you had used. I have everything else on hand.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

"Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri 25 Nov 2005 02:54:24p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
> Ophelia?
>

>> "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> On Fri 25 Nov 2005 02:26:25p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>>> Ophelia?

>>> But, Ophelia, I think the curds that are used in recipes like you
>>> posted are supposed to be much softer than those in US cottage
>>> cheese.

>> Ok I don't know what yours are like.. but if you do as I do.. and put
>> your soured milk into a cloth overnight and strain it.. you will see
>> what I mean:))
>>
>> Add egg and some butter, sugar, currants and a squeeze of lemon.....
>> put
>> into pastry... and blisssssssssssssssssssss:))
>>
>> I grew up with this:)

> I will know on Sunday. I'm going to make the curds tomorrow. I
> previously
> saved the group of recipes you posted, as well as the single one you
> said
> you had used. I have everything else on hand.

Oh do try mine:)))) and please let me know how you like it:))

On Fri 25 Nov 2005 03:05:01p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Ophelia?

> "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Fri 25 Nov 2005 02:54:24p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>> Ophelia?
>>

>>> "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Ok I don't know what yours are like.. but if you do as I do.. and put
>>> your soured milk into a cloth overnight and strain it.. you will see
>>> what I mean:))
>>>
>>> Add egg and some butter, sugar, currants and a squeeze of lemon.....
>>> put
>>> into pastry... and blisssssssssssssssssssss:))
>>>
>>> I grew up with this:)

>> I will know on Sunday. I'm going to make the curds tomorrow. I
>> previously saved the group of recipes you posted, as well as the
>> single one you said you had used. I have everything else on hand.

> Oh do try mine:)))) and please let me know how you like it:))

I sure will!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

On 25 Nov 2005 23:01:09 +0100, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I will know on Sunday. I'm going to make the curds tomorrow.

How did they turn out? Do we get a report????

> I previously
> saved the group of recipes you posted, as well as the single one you said
> you had used. I have everything else on hand.

Be sure to include the recipe you used with your progress report!
:)

On Sun 27 Nov 2005 10:20:50a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

> On 25 Nov 2005 23:01:09 +0100, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>

>> I will know on Sunday. I'm going to make the curds tomorrow.

> How did they turn out? Do we get a report????
>
>> I previously
>> saved the group of recipes you posted, as well as the single one you
>> said you had used. I have everything else on hand.

> Be sure to include the recipe you used with your progress report!
>:)

I made the curds yesterday. We just returned from church and I am just about
to embark on the recipe. Will post the results later.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*