General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Pinging "The Bill Rodgers"...

Started by JJ · · Last activity · 28 posts · 749 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
29 August 2005
Last activity
8 September 2005
Original author
JJ
Posts
28
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
749
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–28 of 28
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "The Bill Rodgers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    JJ said:

    Oh Lord no...I did that in three runs. I'm aiming for 12 mpw this week.

    I thought you meant "12 a day" LOL

    Yeah right! I don't see doing that. It would be nice to get UP TO say a
    1/2 marathon ONCE in my life in one run. But I don't plan on making that a
    training plan. ;-) JJ

  2. JJ said:

    Yeah right! I don't see doing that. It would be nice to get UP TO say a
    1/2 marathon ONCE in my life in one run. But I don't plan on making that a
    training plan.

    I originally just wanted to go 5 miles, but eventually the marathon
    happened. Anybody's ultimate goal in running should be to do one hour
    per day of running, distance is unimportant, just the time. That's the
    "magic line" between being a real runner, and a lowly jogger LOL. But
    at an hour evereything comes together for most people.

    TBR

    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and
    more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day
    the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the
    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  3. "The Bill Rodgers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I originally just wanted to go 5 miles, but eventually the marathon
    happened. Anybody's ultimate goal in running should be to do one hour
    per day of running, distance is unimportant, just the time. That's the
    "magic line" between being a real runner, and a lowly jogger LOL. But
    at an hour evereything comes together for most people.

    I'm close to that. The most I've done at one time, for time, was like 47
    minutes. I'm getting there...JJ

  4. JJ said:

    I'm close to that. The most I've done at one time, for time, was like 47
    minutes. I'm getting there

    Best not to push it. Take your time.

    TBR

    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and
    more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day
    the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the
    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  5. "The Bill Rodgers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    JJ said:

    I'm close to that. The most I've done at one time, for time, was like 47
    minutes. I'm getting there

    Best not to push it. Take your time.

    Yup...I agree. I'm in this for the long haul. I'm enjoying running a LOT
    and want to keep it up. I didn't start this as a short term thing or
    anything. I feel good and already feel I'm getting benefits from it.
    Mental and well as physical. So, I don't want to do anything that will make
    me have to stop and heal...Thx for everything! JJ

  6. JJ said:

    Mental and well as physical.

    Yet, you still reply to me. Go figure ;?)~
    TBR

    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and
    more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day
    the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the
    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  7. "Tweeter" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    JJ said:

    Mental and well as physical.

    Yet, you still reply to me. Go figure ;?)~
    TBR

    Well, I'm a slow learner...

  8. JJ said:

    Well, I'm a slow learner...

    Lol
    TBR

    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and
    more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day
    the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the
    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.