Attention BLART riders...
-who is riding to the crit?
-who is racing?
-who is doing both?
-am I mad to consider racing?
I am still trying to decide whether or not to do the Qld Half Marathon
on Sunday. Cheap entry closes today.
Tam
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Attention BLART riders...
-who is riding to the crit?
-who is racing?
-who is doing both?
-am I mad to consider racing?
I am still trying to decide whether or not to do the Qld Half Marathon
on Sunday. Cheap entry closes today.
Tam
I'm considering riding to the crit, and I am also considering racing -
either Cat 3 (but I'm kidding myself), or handicap in the Cat 4...
Not sure yet, though... My other half is working, so I need to organise
a baby-sitter for the offspring if I'm to attend.
Absent Husband
Tamyka Bell said:Attention BLART riders...
-who is riding to the crit?
-who is racing?
-who is doing both?
-am I mad to consider racing?
I am still trying to decide whether or not to do the Qld Half Marathon
on Sunday. Cheap entry closes today.Tam
I Probably won't ride out with you guys as I'm helping out. Tam, you are mad anyway but there is a women's only race so you'll be fine, just sit in behind Sara and Oneone 🙂 I think it's going to be a good day, I think there are a few elite riders coming out so they should put on a good show. Anyone else wanna give it a go?
Adam
I can't make it. Have to go to Puppy Preschool or Simon will be angry with me.... 🙁
Also, I'm not affiliated. I'm a luzer.
Tamyka Bell said:Attention BLART riders...
-who is riding to the crit?
-who is racing?
-who is doing both?
-am I mad to consider racing?
I am still trying to decide whether or not to do the Qld Half Marathon
on Sunday. Cheap entry closes today.Tam
I'm not a BLART rider but I'll be there & racing, will most likely take
the car there though. Look foward to meeting some of you. I'd certainly
encourage you to have a go and race if you want, it's a lot of fun.
I'll be the tall (192cm) guy on a blue Merida and Hamilton Pine Rivers
Wheelers jersey. Adam knows who I am.
Bruce.
Forgive the ignorance but who or what is a BLART rider. Ive heard of BLAT racing maybe its different but the same if ya know what i mean.
cheers
Mick
quote=''Tamyka Bell said:Attention BLART riders...
-who is riding to the crit?
-who is racing?
-who is doing both?
-am I mad to consider racing?
I am still trying to decide whether or not to do the Qld Half Marathon
on Sunday. Cheap entry closes today.Tam
I'm not a BLART rider but I'll be there & racing, will most likely take
the car there though. Look foward to meeting some of you. I'd certainly
encourage you to have a go and race if you want, it's a lot of fun.
I'll be the tall (192cm) guy on a blue Merida and Hamilton Pine Rivers
Wheelers jersey. Adam knows who I am.
Bruce.[/QUOTE]
The BLART ride is the Brisbane Lard-@rse Return-to-Training ride. Also
referred to as the Lard-@rse ride.
A quick google search will dig up the original reference - or check out
the entry on Tam's blog: blindrapture.blogspot.com (hey, do I get
points for mentioning your blog??)
Basically an occasional social group ride. Lately, it has taken the
form of 2 or 3 really good riders (Tam, JH, LotteBum, Backin2it)
waiting at the top of hills for me to catch up.... So when people start
talking about an upcoming BLART - it is hoped that as many BrisVegan
a.b'ers (and any others) can make it as possible...
Cheers,
Absent Husband
Sounds like my kind of ride, pity im in the @rse of nowhere i only have to dodge roadtrains and stinky roo's. Have much fun and BLART your @rse off then. :p
cheers
Mick
Absent Husband said:The BLART ride is the Brisbane Lard-@rse Return-to-Training ride. Also
referred to as the Lard-@rse ride.A quick google search will dig up the original reference - or check out
the entry on Tam's blog: blindrapture.blogspot.com (hey, do I get
points for mentioning your blog??)Basically an occasional social group ride. Lately, it has taken the
form of 2 or 3 really good riders (Tam, JH, LotteBum, Backin2it)
waiting at the top of hills for me to catch up.... So when people start
talking about an upcoming BLART - it is hoped that as many BrisVegan
a.b'ers (and any others) can make it as possible...Cheers,
Absent Husband
Bruce said:I'm not a BLART rider but I'll be there & racing, will most likely take
the car there though. Look foward to meeting some of you. I'd certainly
encourage you to have a go and race if you want, it's a lot of fun.I'll be the tall (192cm) guy on a blue Merida and Hamilton Pine Rivers
Wheelers jersey. Adam knows who I am.
Yeah you're that skinny dude with the big guns that keeps on disappearing
into the distance in front of me 🙂 See ya saturday!
Adam
Absent Husband said:
The BLART ride is the Brisbane Lard-@rse Return-to-Training ride. Also
referred to as the Lard-@rse ride.A quick google search will dig up the original reference - or check out
the entry on Tam's blog: blindrapture.blogspot.com (hey, do I get
points for mentioning your blog??)
That depends on whether our dear old friend notices and starts hassling
me. Hey, you been readin' that again?
Quoted message said:Basically an occasional social group ride. Lately, it has taken the
form of 2 or 3 really good riders (Tam, JH, LotteBum, Backin2it)
Hahaha hey LotteBum we're really good now! Hahahahaha oh dear lord, if
only Absent Husband saw me struggling to keep up with JH that day...
Quoted message said:waiting at the top of hills for me to catch up.... So when people start
talking about an upcoming BLART - it is hoped that as many BrisVegan
a.b'ers (and any others) can make it as possible...
Have a nice morning,
Tam
Quoted message said:Hahaha hey LotteBum we're really good now! Hahahahaha oh dear lord, if
only Absent Husband saw me struggling to keep up with JH that day...
I'm fast down hills. Inertia all the way mate.
Oh.. we are yet to line up a race date for Adam85 and I. Where are you Adam85? Are you still on for this race you have thrown yourself into (poor sod), or are you going to pike on me?
Just remember I can't make it this weekend. Simon has been talking about the chicks at puppy preschool all week.
I'm going to go and have a sleep...
LotteBum
Tamyka Bell said:Absent Husband said:The BLART ride is the Brisbane Lard-@rse Return-to-Training ride. Also
referred to as the Lard-@rse ride.A quick google search will dig up the original reference - or check out
the entry on Tam's blog: blindrapture.blogspot.com (hey, do I get
points for mentioning your blog??)That depends on whether our dear old friend notices and starts hassling
me. Hey, you been readin' that again?Quoted message said:Basically an occasional social group ride. Lately, it has taken the
form of 2 or 3 really good riders (Tam, JH, LotteBum, Backin2it)Hahaha hey LotteBum we're really good now! Hahahahaha oh dear lord, if
only Absent Husband saw me struggling to keep up with JH that day...Quoted message said:waiting at the top of hills for me to catch up.... So when people start
talking about an upcoming BLART - it is hoped that as many BrisVegan
a.b'ers (and any others) can make it as possible...Have a nice morning,
Tam
Me? Really good? you are all mad, too much talking to Edward is suspect.
(ps. i really doubt i will be a starter for Nundah, but would be keen to
line up in the near future)
jh
"LotteBum" wrote in message
Quoted message said:Oh.. we are yet to line up a race date for Adam85 and I. Where are you
Adam85? Are you still on for this race you have thrown yourself into
(poor sod), or are you going to pike on me?
Damn you've called my bluff! 🙂 I ummm...errr....geez I think I'm all booked
up for awhile y'know 🙂
Adam(85)
Hi Brisbanites,
I also intend coming out to have a look. No racing yet as not affiliated, club membered etc etc. Will be bringing #1 son who will be totally disinterested so probably not be there for long.
Stewart
PS Absent husband I'm assuming given duty/GST posts that you work for Customs? If so how long...he says having left their employ quite happily some 17 years ago!.
Adam85 said
Quoted message said:Damn you've called my bluff! 🙂 I ummm...errr....geez I think I'm all booked
up for awhile y'know 🙂
Adam, I'm not named after a football player for no reason. I AM FAST. And big.
LotteBum said:Adam85 said
Quoted message said:Damn you've called my bluff! 🙂 I ummm...errr....geez I think I'm all booked
up for awhile y'know 🙂Adam, I'm not named after a football player for no reason. I AM FAST. And big.
That'll come in handy at puppy school then 🙂
Adam
I don't get it... no honestly, I don't.
LotteBum said:I don't get it... no honestly, I don't.
LotteBum said:
Oh.. we are yet to line up a race date for Adam85 and I. Where are you Adam85? Are you still on for this race you have thrown yourself into (poor sod), or are you going to pike on me?Just remember I can't make it this weekend. Simon has been talking about the chicks at puppy preschool all week.
Don't worry - just a [censored] attempt at humour! See ya on the next BLART ride.
Adam
Hi osc,
I've been in their employ just over 10 years...
Always thought my job was a bit mundane - then I watched Border
Security, and I realise I work in a dynamic, glamorous organisation!!
😉
*laughing* Still a lot of fun working here...
Absent Husband
Quoted message said:Always thought my job was a bit mundane - then I watched Border
Security, and I realise I work in a dynamic, glamorous organisation!!
😉
YOU'RE WINKING BECAUSE YOU HAVE MY PARCEL AREN'T YOU????
IT'S BEEN SINCE LAST FRICKIN TUESDAY AND I still DON'T HAVE THE FLAMING THING! I KNOW YOU WANT MY BIKE STUFF!
Ahhhhh, that's better...
LotteBum
P.S. I never realised sniffer dogs have to sniff bums and sit when they smell illicit drugs. Eugh!
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.