Plymouth-Santander Ferry

Tom Anderson

Guest
Has anyone used this ferry with a bike or tandem? I was thinking of
sailing to Santander and then cycling down to the Costa del Sol. Is
there a secure area to store the bike or can you take it into the cabin?

Has anyone cycled through Spain that could give me some tips please. I
would probably stay in b&b type accomodation rather than under canvas.

Many thanks Tom

--
Tom Anderson, Leighton Buzzard, BEDS., England
Living life a day at a time

"Tom Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Has anyone used this ferry with a bike or tandem? I was thinking of
> sailing to Santander and then cycling down to the Costa del Sol. Is there
> a secure area to store the bike or can you take it into the cabin?
>
> Has anyone cycled through Spain that could give me some tips please. I
> would probably stay in b&b type accomodation rather than under canvas.
>
> Many thanks Tom
>

> --
> Tom Anderson, Leighton Buzzard, BEDS., England
> Living life a day at a time

You may find some relevant information here; http://www.trentobike.org.

If not I'm sure there will be someone here who will point you in the right
direction :.)

John

The ferry is fine, bike just kept to side of car decks, but this area is
sealed for the entire journey so no one will mess with your bike, why would
they want to, they're all busy living their own lives...its fine use the
ferry...and don't worry
kev

"John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Tom Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Has anyone used this ferry with a bike or tandem? I was thinking of
>> sailing to Santander and then cycling down to the Costa del Sol. Is there
>> a secure area to store the bike or can you take it into the cabin?
>>
>> Has anyone cycled through Spain that could give me some tips please. I
>> would probably stay in b&b type accomodation rather than under canvas.
>>
>> Many thanks Tom
>>

>> --
>> Tom Anderson, Leighton Buzzard, BEDS., England
>> Living life a day at a time

> You may find some relevant information here; http://www.trentobike.org.
>
> If not I'm sure there will be someone here who will point you in the right
> direction :.)
>

> John

Yes fine no probs. Also you can leave your car at the ferry terminal in
Plymouth free of charge - well you could 3 years ago when we last went
that way.
Few bits of string could be useful to tie your bike to a railing but
there is usually plenty there.

cheers

Jacob