Poblems using Polar Infrared interface

BILLYHOLMES

Oct 27, 2005
Has anyone had any problems using Polar infrared portable interface?

I have recently installed this (and the software from their web site) and found that if I unplug the unit from my new laptops USB port, my computer crashes and when I reboot the computer it tells me that it has recovered from a serious error.

I also notice that although the interface unit is connected to a USB port, the serial port (RS232) is unusable at all times even if I delete all the Polar software and unplug the interface from the USB.
The only way I can now use the serial port (which is essential for me) is to format the computer back to original condition. I am now left with no means of downloading my workouts at all, please help!
Bill.

I have a similar problem. Once I connect the infrared protable interface (via USB), I can't disconnect it with the computer on (same crash as you describe) and can't disable it to safely remove it. What does work however is shutting the computer down (hibernating/standby doesn't work) and then removing the device when the power is off. Start-up after that is completely normal... It's not an ideal solution, but it does work.

No ideas as far as the serial port is concerned though.