Polar 720i, data download

mattymatty

Dec 2, 2003
Hi all,

I have a 720i, and managed to get the IR working with my computer... One thing i've noticed is that the download does not include the max and min temperature from the watch...

I can get a temp reading for each lap.. but not the max/min as displayed on the watch...

Is this right?

thanks,

Matty

as far as i know, you are correct. the min/max/average that shows on the watch does not show up on the download. the only temperature reading that shows up on the download is the average.

Originally posted by tmctguer
as far as i know, you are correct. the min/max/average that shows on the watch does not show up on the download. the only temperature reading that shows up on the download is the average.

I have had a 720 for a while now and noticed a similar problem. It only shows temp on the graph if it is over 20C.

I think i will drop a email to the local polar rep and ask, will let you know

Hey Guys,

Is there a way of removing data from the beginning or end of the file, or adding data to the beginning or end of the file ?

Why I want to do this is because sometimes I forget to turn the HRM off and get redundant data at the end of the file. Other times the signal drops out and I end up having to restart the monitor meaning the data starts from a few minutes into the course, then when I overlay one set of data ontop of another they don't correlate properly becuase one is too short or too long.

Do you export the data, edit it, then reimport, or can you edit the data to add or remove at the beginning and end of the file. I know already that we can edit a range of values via the polar software, but I can't see a way to clean up the begining or end of the file.

Any help would be appreciated.

In version 4 of the software, the actual temperature is reported at the end of the exercise. And/or, if you use laps, the actual temperature is shown for each lap.

Rod, if you use the HRM for cycling, you can enable the auto start/stop feature that is triggered with the wheel rolling.