Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Polar Warranty

Started by Alex Conrath · · Last activity · 10 posts · 1,288 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 August 2005
Last activity
30 December 2010
Original author
Alex Conrath
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,288
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. [font=Arial]Polar Warranty[/font]

    [font=Arial]Has any body had a problem getting warranty work done by[/font]

    [font=Arial]Polar because a purchase was made by an unauthorized dealer.[/font]

    [font=Arial]I don’t under stand why Polar would punish the end user for shopping for [/font]

    [font=Arial]The best price and finally purchasing a Polar product. If they truly want to stop[/font]

    [font=Arial]unauthorized dealers selling there products then they should go after the supply[/font][font=Arial]source. But I guess its easer to punish to end consumer.[/font]

    [font=Arial]Has any one experienced warranty problems with Polar?[/font]

    [font=Arial]Thanks Alex [/font]

  2. First, I don't know Polar's policies re: their dealers. If you bought from a dealer outside the country where you live, that could be the issue. In some industries, companies will not warranty "grey market" sales. Whatever the case, Polar is free to define who and how they will sell their products as they see fit. That is not to say that works or bodes well for the consumer.

    Iffin' I were you, I would go to the dealer that sold you the product. They oughta at least answer for why they didn't tell you that they weren't an authorized dealer and that you wouldn't be able to warranty your Polar chit.

  3. Alex Conrath said:

    [font=Arial]Polar Warranty[/font]

    [font=Arial]Has any body had a problem getting warranty work done by[/font]

    [font=Arial]Polar because a purchase was made by an unauthorized dealer.[/font]

    [font=Arial]I don’t under stand why Polar would punish the end user for shopping for [/font]

    [font=Arial]The best price and finally purchasing a Polar product. If they truly want to stop[/font]

    [font=Arial]unauthorized dealers selling there products then they should go after the supply[/font][font=Arial]source. But I guess its easer to punish to end consumer.[/font]

    [font=Arial]Has any one experienced warranty problems with Polar?[/font]

    [font=Arial]Thanks Alex [/font]


    You go out and buy a new bimmer from a HACK shop that sells stolen/preowned possibly damaged beamers along with hondas and kias. You have something wrong with your bimmer. DO YOU TAKE IT BACK TO A BMW DEALERSHIP AND [censored] ABOUT THEM NOT COVERING YOUR BOOTLEG BIMMER under warranty?

    Polar doesnt want hack shops selling their products. how do they get the products? are they stolen? are they refurbed? how does polar know you didnt trade a few baseball cards for a half used product. bottom line. what other way can they encourage you to buy from an authorized dealer that puts in the time to research and sell polar products under Polar guidelines?

  4. [font=Arial]IMPAKT: your knowledge about Polar products have been invaluably to me and hopefully to others as well, but you seem to have missed my point. I am not talking about knock offs or bootleg or stolen but 100 ‘s of “new products “ with all the packaging. [/font]

    [font=Arial]Polar designs and builds their products, they also have total control over the means of distribution. If they encouraged registration for warrantees on all purchases made they can track through serial numbers how their products are being distributed. Thus finding unethical wholesalers or distributors and controlling unauthorized distribution. Buy limiting new product to authorized dealers only that would truly strengthen the authorized dealer position and help protect the end consumer.[/font]

    [font=Arial]I would rather have the “ebay” temptation removed and have only authorized dealers to shop from for one of Polars fine Products. [/font]

  5. Alex Conrath said:

    [font=Arial]IMPAKT: your knowledge about Polar products have been invaluably to me and hopefully to others as well, but you seem to have missed my point. I am not talking about knock offs or bootleg or stolen but 100 ‘s of “new products “ with all the packaging. [/font]

    [font=Arial]Polar designs and builds their products, they also have total control over the means of distribution. If they encouraged registration for warrantees on all purchases made they can track through serial numbers how their products are being distributed. Thus finding unethical wholesalers or distributors and controlling unauthorized distribution. Buy limiting new product to authorized dealers only that would truly strengthen the authorized dealer position and help protect the end consumer.[/font]

    [font=Arial]I would rather have the “ebay” temptation removed and have only authorized dealers to shop from for one of Polars fine Products. [/font]


    i definatly understand what your saying. But you have to look at it the other way as well.

    . The smaller dealers get screwed in the end when you can go ebay for much less.The authorized dealers that are putting in the time to make things happen legit are loosing a ton of business to someone on a street corner pushing HRMs under the table.Mostly stolen. Its polars way of taking care of their dealers.and taking care of their own ass because they dont know where these third parties are buying the products.

    it is a business you know. they cant please everybody.

  6. I bought my S720i with a power output kit from an authorized dealer and the power output kit was later serviced under wqarranty for free. Later, when I broke the speed sensor, it only cost me $29.95 to fix. But I also bought the wearlink strap and it went bad - I sent it in under warranty but Polar did not replace it saying that it works. So Polar sucks when it comes to the warranty for the wearlink transmitter. I later bought a 2nd power output kit from ebay instead of paying the jacked up prices everywhere for the kit ($350). It's cheap to pay Polar for repairs - I thought my broken speed sensor would cost $50.

  7. JTE83 said:

    But I also bought the wearlink strap and it went bad - I sent it in under warranty but Polar did not replace it saying that it works.


    send it back and tell them it still doesnt work. its that simple. tests arent fool proof..

  8.  
    I'm on my third 720i and it is on the edge of being done. First one went on the fritz right on the end of the warrantee. They said water got in it and I had to buy a new one. 12 m later the same thing happened with the new one. They replaced it, but tried to charge me for a new one. They claimed they forgot they said they would replace the insides (not case) under warrantee. Got through that mess, and about 8m later the lower left 'off' button popped out in the middle of a ride. Bought from authorized dealer and then directly from polar. Their service was awful. I ride on the road, run outside, and workout in a gym. I'm take care of my gear and maintain it correctly. My next watch will NOT be a polar.

  9. i had to pay a hefty overprice for a new Polar CS300 because the distributor said prices went up last year,
    this one watch was in the shelf long before the new prices went up so i argued about that with no positive results,
    being them the official distributors i learn that all the other shops would follow the same price policy,
    🙁

  10. Hey everyone,

    Chris from Polar here. I know this is an OLD ressurected post from 2005, but maybe I can help someone in the future seeing how this is still somewhat active.

    Warranty is all valid for 2 years from the date of purchase. We are SUPER lenient with the warranty. We're all a bunch of athletes here and understand what it's like to own and use something like this. Call, email or chat with us at polarusa.com.. Any issues what so ever, even beyond 2 years call us and we will help.

    I would feel comfortable saying that within the past 1-2 years, our aftersales support and customer satisfaction accross all channels has improved over 100%.

    @bailyrsb - please drop me a PM with your contact details. I would love the opportunity to restore your faith in the product AND service.

    Chris

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.