Police follow up

Euan

Guest
On the way to DISC, we popped in to Cheltenham Police Station to report
the hostile driving we were on the receiving end earlier in the day. I
told my tale of woe and it turns out that the Policeman's also a
cyclist. Details taken etc.

Just about to enter DISC and he 'phones up to tell me that he's had a
chat with the lady who was not aware that what we were doing was
completely within the law and what she was doing could land her in
court. Apparently she was very apologetic and promised to pull her head
in, which is nice to hear. He also told her that use of the horn is a
sure fire way of inciting road rage, the results of which she might not
appreciate. Don't know what he's talking about :p

Anyway he finished the call by thanking me for making the complaint and
that I'd done a good job. As he put it, if drivers know they can be
reported for anti-social behaviour they'll stop doing it.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

Euan wrote:
> On the way to DISC, we popped in to Cheltenham Police Station to report
> the hostile driving we were on the receiving end earlier in the day. I
> told my tale of woe and it turns out that the Policeman's also a
> cyclist. Details taken etc.
>
> Just about to enter DISC and he 'phones up to tell me that he's had a
> chat with the lady who was not aware that what we were doing was
> completely within the law and what she was doing could land her in
> court. Apparently she was very apologetic and promised to pull her head
> in, which is nice to hear. He also told her that use of the horn is a
> sure fire way of inciting road rage, the results of which she might not
> appreciate. Don't know what he's talking about :p
>
> Anyway he finished the call by thanking me for making the complaint and
> that I'd done a good job. As he put it, if drivers know they can be
> reported for anti-social behaviour they'll stop doing it.

Damm Forgot about DISC. So I still havnt been there? Tell. Whats
it like?

If we go tomorrow Euan it had better be the crack of dawn. Otherwise
playing on the velo (and watching speed bladers might be a brighter idea
.. 43 us a tad warm even for me

Dave

dave <[email protected]> writes:

> Euan wrote:
>> On the way to DISC, we popped in to Cheltenham Police Station to report
>> the hostile driving we were on the receiving end earlier in the day. I
>> told my tale of woe and it turns out that the Policeman's also a
>> cyclist. Details taken etc.
>> Just about to enter DISC and he 'phones up to tell me that he's had a
>> chat with the lady who was not aware that what we were doing was
>> completely within the law and what she was doing could land her in
>> court. Apparently she was very apologetic and promised to pull her head
>> in, which is nice to hear. He also told her that use of the horn is a
>> sure fire way of inciting road rage, the results of which she might not
>> appreciate. Don't know what he's talking about :p
>> Anyway he finished the call by thanking me for making the complaint
>> and
>> that I'd done a good job. As he put it, if drivers know they can be
>> reported for anti-social behaviour they'll stop doing it.

> Damm Forgot about DISC. So I still havnt been there? Tell.
> Whats it like?

I can't say I understood it all, if it wasn't for the crib notes on the
program I'd have been completely lost. There were some really exciting
events, others left me thinking `huh'? but that's probably more down to
my ignorance than anything else.

It's a side of cycling I've not experienced before and I really enjoyed
it. Not much of an atmosphere though, it took a lot to make the crowd
come alive. For ten bucks though much more fun than going to the
movies.

> If we go tomorrow Euan it had better be the crack of dawn. Otherwise
> playing on the velo (and watching speed bladers might be a brighter
> idea . 43 us a tad warm even for me

*looks at watch* oops. I did try and ring you last night on the
mobile. How about a quick loop to Frankston and back Thursday Morning?
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

"Euan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On the way to DISC, we popped in to Cheltenham Police Station to report
> the hostile driving we were on the receiving end earlier in the day. I
> told my tale of woe and it turns out that the Policeman's also a
> cyclist. Details taken etc.
>
> Just about to enter DISC and he 'phones up to tell me that he's had a
> chat with the lady who was not aware that what we were doing was
> completely within the law and what she was doing could land her in
> court. Apparently she was very apologetic and promised to pull her head
> in, which is nice to hear. He also told her that use of the horn is a
> sure fire way of inciting road rage, the results of which she might not
> appreciate. Don't know what he's talking about :p
>
> Anyway he finished the call by thanking me for making the complaint and
> that I'd done a good job. As he put it, if drivers know they can be
> reported for anti-social behaviour they'll stop doing it.
> --
> Cheers | ~~ __@
> Euan | ~~ _-\<,
> Melbourne, Australia | ~ (*)/ (*)

Doubt that would happen here in NSW especially with the police force
.....cough...um er 'Service' we have at the moment not knowing where they
stand anymore themselves rather than where we stand as citizens of our
State.....would probably get "yeah mate I know what ya mean but we're
understaffed at present and other **** is going down,earliest we can get
someone around to talk with the offenders would be mid August"

DJ
slightly pesimistic

"DJ" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Euan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On the way to DISC, we popped in to Cheltenham Police Station to report
>> the hostile driving we were on the receiving end earlier in the day. I
>> told my tale of woe and it turns out that the Policeman's also a
>> cyclist. Details taken etc.
>>
>> Just about to enter DISC and he 'phones up to tell me that he's had a
>> chat with the lady who was not aware that what we were doing was
>> completely within the law and what she was doing could land her in
>> court. Apparently she was very apologetic and promised to pull her head
>> in, which is nice to hear. He also told her that use of the horn is a
>> sure fire way of inciting road rage, the results of which she might not
>> appreciate. Don't know what he's talking about :p
>>
>> Anyway he finished the call by thanking me for making the complaint and
>> that I'd done a good job. As he put it, if drivers know they can be
>> reported for anti-social behaviour they'll stop doing it.
>> --
>> Cheers | ~~ __@
>> Euan | ~~ _-\<,
>> Melbourne, Australia | ~ (*)/ (*)

> Doubt that would happen here in NSW especially with the police force
> ....cough...um er 'Service' we have at the moment not knowing where they
> stand anymore themselves rather than where we stand as citizens of our
> State.....would probably get "yeah mate I know what ya mean but we're
> understaffed at present and other **** is going down,earliest we can get
> someone around to talk with the offenders would be mid August"

All it took was a 'phone call from the police, no visit necessary.

So what are you going to do, just stand there and take it? If you don't
do anything you've no one to blame for things not changing except
yourself.

It's too easy to say `it'll make no difference, so I'm not going to
bother.' Start caring, start making a noise and people will listen.
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but if you keep plugging away it
will happen.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@