Policeman sent on anger management course for swearing at knife-wielding thug

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
If I was a Britt, this would be an an embarrassment ;)

A man who threatened to stab four police officers in the heart and held a two-hour stand-off is launching legal action because a police sergeant swore at him.

The sergeant has been sent to a Management Advice course and Northumbria Police face the threat of a civil action from the 35-year-old thug, who had to be subdued with a Taser gun.
When officers arrived at Glen Francis' home to arrest his girlfriend, he erupted in rage and targeted a female officer who was standing guard in his hallway.

He hurled a bowl of pasta at her before officers claim he held her captive in his house and threatened to shoot her with a handgun he hid in a cupboard.

She escaped, but when back-up arrived, Francis lunged at the officers with a six-inch knife, before the 35-year-old was shot twice with a Taser gun.

But he simply pulled the metal barbs from his skin and continued his savage attack.

Then he barricaded himself into a room at the address in Ambassador's Way, North Shields, where he used a hammer to smash the walls, and screamed: 'The first copper in here is getting f****** killed, come on, I only want one of you.'

After a two-hour stand-off with trained negotiators, armed officers stormed his kitchen and Tasered him a further three times before he was eventually arrested and taken into custody.
Francis claimed he was stripped of his clothes and handcuffed on a cell floor.

Those allegations have been thrown-out following an investigation by the Northumbria Police Professional Standards Department (PSD).

But they substantiated his claim a sergeant was guilty of misconduct because he swore at Francis, and he was ordered to undergo a Management Advice course.

Read more: Policeman rapped for swearing at violent knife-wielding thug who threatened to kill officer | Mail Online

The female officer went wrong by she failed to offer him some milk and cookies and a back massage.:rolleyes:

Probably more to this story than the article provides...I'd be interested in reading the Francis' account of the events (obviously the article is based on the cops' report), but I'd probably be wasting my time because you know cops never make up stories to cover their a$$es:rolleyes:.

tonyzackery said:
Probably more to this story than the article provides...I'd be interested in reading the Francis' account of the events (obviously the article is based on the cops' report), but I'd probably be wasting my time because you know cops never make up stories to cover their a$$es:rolleyes:.

Me and my father were returning from the gym one day and we pulled up to a red light, We were in a one way street which had ended in front of us and we were facing another oneway street that was going to the left of us, So my dad saw there was no traffic and took the left turn. Little to find out police officer hits the lights and pulls us over. This is what our conversation was:

Officer: What the f*** did you just do
Dad: Nothing wrong officer
Officer: You just turned in a red F***ing light what is not wrong about that
Dad: Officer nothing illegal there
Officer: Are your F***ing kidding me
Me: Please turn around and look for a second
Officer: Oh S*** my bad.

My dad was a cop in my old country and im going to hopefully be studying to be one, talk about bad cops. This one should of clearly been removed from the force.

PBS has been showing an episode on the chaos of Hurricane Katrina. The police there should be shot and killed. They pulled mafia type crimes against people looking for help, people coming to them with a man who had been shot somewhere amidst the chaos on the streets of New Orleans, allegedly witnesses claim by police, in need of medical attention at a police makeshift headquarters. The police, instead of even just listening to either man handcuffed and beat these two persons, the brother of shooting victim and a friend, while guy lay bleeding in car. Police then drove citizen's car ( the car that these people showed up in) to resorvoir with the guy in the back seat bleeding to death with a police cruiser following and proceeded to set car, with shooting victim still alive but barely, on fire.

Car and remains of shooting victim lay burnt to ashes for 10 days after the fact at resorvoir.

No police have been charged with any wrongdoing thus far and btw and contrary to popular belief, martial law was never declared in New Orleans, police just started killing anything and anyone that moved.

yeah, phuck the police.

This doesn't surprise me, we're sufering from PC madness here in the UK, it's been going on for ages and it's getting worse. We're resembling the old soviet union where people are afraid to speak out but talk among themselves at the madness around them. In the old soviet union if you spoke out against the concesnsus you were a "capitalist imperialist" in the uk if you speak out against the multicult enforced concensus you're racist. Complain about the high levl of immigration, your racist, complain that noone speaks English in the local schools and your racist. I'm expecting them to ban cycling soon because it's too white. Can't wait until it all comes tumbling down and we return to rational thinking.

decca234uk said:
This doesn't surprise me, we're sufering from PC madness here in the UK, it's been going on for ages and it's getting worse. We're resembling the old soviet union where people are afraid to speak out but talk among themselves at the madness around them. In the old soviet union if you spoke out against the concesnsus you were a "capitalist imperialist" in the uk if you speak out against the multicult enforced concensus you're racist. Complain about the high levl of immigration, your racist, complain that noone speaks English in the local schools and your racist. I'm expecting them to ban cycling soon because it's too white. Can't wait until it all comes tumbling down and we return to rational thinking.
it might be just a dream