Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

poll: best cross country suspension fork

Started by Lone Wolf · · Last activity · 31 posts · 3,844 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
27 January 2003
Last activity
9 February 2003
Original author
Lone Wolf
Posts
31
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,844
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 31
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am looking to replace my RST 170B with a better fork...... give me you opinions

    community.webtv.netlonewolfswebpage

  2. "lone wolf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am looking to replace my RST 170B with a better fork...... give me you opinions

    community.webtv.netlonewolfswebpage

    You go Lone Wolf... you go.

    darsh

  3. "lone wolf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am looking to replace my RST 170B with a better fork...... give me you opinions

    community.webtv.netlonewolfswebpage

    It's my opinion that you're wise in looking to replace your RST with a better fork.

    Oh, and your webpage rocks.

    -John Morgan
    --
    To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

  4. "lone wolf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am looking to replace my RST 170B with a better fork...... give me you opinions

    Any other fork in the market is better than that.

  5. Quoted message said:

    Oh, and your webpage rocks.

    -John Morgan

    ohh cinicism, poor guy.

  6. John Morgan <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "lone wolf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am looking to replace my RST 170B with a better fork...... give me you opinions

    community.webtv.netlonewolfswebpage

    It's my opinion that you're wise in looking to replace your RST with a better fork.

    Oh, and your webpage rocks.

    Yes - it's way better than mine!

    Shaun aRe

  7. (lone wolf) said:

    I am looking to replace my RST 170B with a better fork...... give me you opinions

    community.webtv.netlonewolfswebpage

    I loved my Manitou SXr I like my rigid even better (came with the Bianchi)

    The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
    an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

  8. "lone wolf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am looking to replace my RST 170B with a better fork...... give me you opinions

    community.webtv.netlonewolfswebpage

    Disturbing website aside. The Marzocchi Marathon is the best XC suspension fork. IMO.

    Mike

  9. Quoted message said:

    give me you opinions

    Perhaps if you asked nicely.

    Instead, I will withhold all information relating to Marzocchi's total dominance of the front fork
    world...even though I prefer using a Manitou Black Elite 80/100.

    See, I'm not going to tell you that.

    Chris

  10. "Michael Dart" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "lone wolf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am looking to replace my RST 170B with a better fork...... give me you opinions

    community.webtv.netlonewolfswebpage

    Disturbing website aside. The Marzocchi Marathon is the best XC suspension fork. IMO.

    Mike

    It's much less disturbing than duhski's spank posts. You gotta give Lone Wolf credit for being brave
    at the very least.

    Since Mr Wolf is a bigger rider, the Marathon would be a little light. Of course he needs to let us
    know what bike he intends on putting his new fork on, as well as what kind of riding he does. If he
    rides smooth singletrack, then a Surly fork would be suffcient, precise and light. If he delves into
    more technical terrain, ten an offering from the Bomberhood will be required due to his size,
    probably a Z2 coil/oil.

    JD

  11. "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Michael Dart" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "lone wolf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am looking to replace my RST 170B with a better fork...... give me


    you

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    opinions

    community.webtv.netlonewolfswebpage

    Disturbing website aside. The Marzocchi Marathon is the best XC


    suspension

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    fork. IMO.

    Mike

    It's much less disturbing than duhski's spank posts. You gotta give Lone Wolf credit for being
    brave at the very least.

    Brave, maybe...but I don't think those "truck projects" are gonna attract the babes!

    Bill "junk yard chic?" S.

  12. [snip]

    Quoted message said:

    If he rides smooth singletrack, then a Surly fork would be suffcient, precise and light. If he
    delves into more technical terrain, ten an offering from the Bomberhood will be required due to his
    size, probably a Z2 coil/oil.

    JD

    Am I to understand that you are saying that you need a suspension fork to ride technical terrain?

    I'm just wondering, what are you considering "technical terrain" that is suspension worthy?

    Sure if you're some freaky, 6-foot-drop-trail-busting-huckster, then go with something that will
    break before your body does.

    Granted I haven't BEEN to Frutia (yet) but MOST of what I've seen looks like it can be ridden with a
    fully rigid, albeit with slower and more thoughtful riding. It's all about the challenge.

    IMO (notice the missing H) I'd stick with the rigid (Surly or otherwise)

    Peace, Bill(didn't mention SS....oops there I go)Wheeler

    The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
    an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

  13. Anything but a RS.

    MTB Ride hard die free.

  14. "lone wolf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am looking to replace my RST 170B with a better fork...... give me you opinions

    community.webtv.netlonewolfswebpage

    I bought a Z1 MCR last year from Supergo and have been VERY happy with it. They have this @ $339.
    The ECC has been great for climbing and riding on the road, (I usually ride from my home to get to
    the good stuff).

    supergo.comitemdisplay.asp
    zocchi&secid=7559&subid=1808

    The scoundrels at Pricepoint have the EXR on sale if you're on a tighter budget, $149.98

    pricepoint.comproduct1530.html

    Hope this helps

    mtb mike jones

  15. [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "Michael Dart" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "lone wolf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am looking to replace my RST 170B with a better fork...... give me you opinions

    community.webtv.netlonewolfswebpage

    Disturbing website aside. The Marzocchi Marathon is the best XC suspension fork. IMO.

    Mike

    It's much less disturbing than duhski's spank posts. You gotta give Lone Wolf credit for being
    brave at the very least.

    Brave for posting here. And using Webtv ta boot!

    Quoted message said:


    Since Mr Wolf is a bigger rider, the Marathon would be a little light. Of course he needs to let
    us know what bike he intends on putting his new fork on, as well as what kind of riding he does.
    If he rides smooth singletrack, then a Surly fork would be suffcient, precise and light. If he
    delves into more technical terrain, ten an offering from the Bomberhood will be required due to
    his size, probably a Z2 coil/oil.

    His fork would be worth more than his truck. OTOH, I am currently sans car, so who am I to judge?

  16. Quoted message said:

    Granted I haven't BEEN to Frutia (yet) but MOST of what I've seen looks like it can be ridden with
    a fully rigid, albeit with slower and more thoughtful riding. It's all about the challenge.

    It's time that you review the videos of "Moore Fun." Riding it rigid would be more punishment than
    you or I would probably be willing to face.

    -John Morgan
    --
    To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

  17. ok.... i ride on single track and fireroads mostly.... was thinking maybe of getting a manitou axle
    or a rockshox duke... those are the main 2 forks in my pricerange.......... fyi... i got the datsun
    for $70 us.... i dont like to sit around, so i have many things to keep me busy

    community.webtv.netlonewolfswebpage

  18. btw... the fork is going on a mid 90s haro vector v4s( hardtail)... thank for your input

    community.webtv.netlonewolfswebpage

  19. "lone wolf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am looking to replace my RST 170B with a better fork...... give me you opinions

    community.webtv.netlonewolfswebpage

    If I was a chick in Portland.....well....I'd be a lesbian right about NOW!!!!
    --
    Slacker

  20. Bill Wheeler <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [snip]

    Quoted message said:

    If he rides smooth singletrack, then a Surly fork would be suffcient, precise and light. If he
    delves into more technical terrain, then an offering from the Bomberhood will be required due to
    his size, probably a Z2 coil/oil.

    JD

    Am I to understand that you are saying that you need a suspension fork to ride technical terrain?

    Look at the guy, he'll need it.

    Quoted message said:

    I'm just wondering, what are you considering "technical terrain" that is suspension worthy?

    Me? I'll ride my SS on any trail.

    Quoted message said:

    Sure if you're some freaky, 6-foot-drop-trail-busting-huckster, then go with something that will
    break before your body does.

    That's only for wannabe freeride dorks. Check the trials riders who can launch off of a 10' drop on
    a rigid bike.

    Quoted message said:

    Granted I haven't BEEN to Frutia (yet) but MOST of what I've seen looks like it can be ridden with
    a fully rigid, albeit with slower and more thoughtful riding. It's all about the challenge.

    You need to see for yourself before you make that determination.

    Quoted message said:

    IMO (notice the missing H) I'd stick with the rigid (Surly or otherwise)

    Recommendations for the Lone Wolf should not be those made to an experienced cyclist, or one who
    *thinks* they are experienced.

    JD

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.