Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best Of
I think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best Of
I think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
Christopher M. said:Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best OfI think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
"The French Chef" (Julia Child)
"Taste" (David Rosengarten)
Bob
Christopher M. said:Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best OfI think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
"The French Chef" (Julia Child)
"Taste" (David Rosengarten)
Bob
"zxcvbob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Christopher M. said:Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best OfI think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
"The French Chef" (Julia Child)
"Taste" (David Rosengarten)
I think I remember watching David Rosengarten interview a chef from South
Carolina once. This chef referred to his dish as a 'peasant dish'. David
appeared to be incensed by this description.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
On Jun 4, 11:17 pm, "Christopher M." <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best Of
I miss Mario already. I love his cooking, his techniques, his
education, his smiling disposition, and his big fat body.
Mario, I miss you!
Dee Dee
Christopher M. said:
Off the top of my head I'd say:*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best OfI think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
I miss "The Great Chefs of . . . . " At least I think that was the name
of the show (?). Or, was it "The Great Restaurants of . . . ."??? I
think it's the former. Anywho, I've always enjoyed the presentation of
that show, with its lady narrator. And the background music was
enjoyable, too.
Sky
"Christopher M." <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:9B49i.5185$fX4.3742@trndny03...
Quoted message said:Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best OfI think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
That big ol' ragin' Cajun fellar who always slurped up a swallow of the wine
for his cooking. He always added lots of "on-yawns." Think his name started
with a "P"?
Edrena
The Joneses said:"Christopher M." <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:9B49i.5185$fX4.3742@trndny03...Quoted message said:Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best OfI think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
That big ol' ragin' Cajun fellar who always slurped up a swallow of the wine
for his cooking. He always added lots of "on-yawns." Think his name started
with a "P"?
Edrena
That was Justin Wilson.
Bob
zxcvbob said:
The Joneses said:"Christopher M." <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:9B49i.5185$fX4.3742@trndny03...Quoted message said:Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best OfI think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
That big ol' ragin' Cajun fellar who always slurped up a swallow of the wine
for his cooking. He always added lots of "on-yawns." Think his name started
with a "P"?
EdrenaThat was Justin Wilson.
Bob
While channel surfing the other day, I surprisingly came across one of
Justin Wilson's old shows. What a classic, "hooo-ee"! He's up there
with Julia when it came to pioneering television shows about cooking.
Sky
On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 03:17:25 GMT, "Christopher M."
<[email hidden]> magnanimously proffered:
Quoted message said:Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best OfI think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
Antonio Carluccio
--
una cerveza mas por favor ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 18:47:57 +1200, bob <[email hidden]>
magnanimously proffered:
Quoted message said:On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 03:17:25 GMT, "Christopher M."
<[email hidden]> magnanimously proffered:Quoted message said:Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best OfI think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
Antonio Carluccio
And going back a fair few years: Hudson & Halls (their television show
and their restaurant)
--
una cerveza mas por favor ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christopher M. said:
Off the top of my head I'd say:*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best OfI think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
What about Jeff Smith, the "Frugal Gourmet"? His shows were fun to
watch.
Sky
Christopher M. said:Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best OfI think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
Julia- any show she was in/on, I loved. I also loved Jacques Pepin
even though I don't cook anything like he does.
-L.
In article <[email hidden]>,
zxcvbob said:"Taste" (David Rosengarten)
I miss David Rosengarten. He had real credentials, and he made a tuna
sandwich just like I do. Tuna, mayo and white bread. I'm older now and
need fiber, so I eat my tuna sandwiches on cracked wheat bread.
Nevertheless...
leo
In article <[email hidden]>,
-L. said:I also loved Jacques Pepin
even though I don't cook anything like he does.
I am absolutely amazed at the scope of his culinary knowledge and skills
and with his ability to share it.
leo
Leonard Blaisdell said:In article <[email hidden]>,
-L. said:I also loved Jacques Pepin
even though I don't cook anything like he does.I am absolutely amazed at the scope of his culinary knowledge and skills
and with his ability to share it.leo
Yes. I always found his shows very relaxing to watch (that accent!)
and interesting on many levels. He has a nice website: http://www.jacquespepin.net/
-L.
Skyhooks said...
Quoted message said:Christopher M. said:
Off the top of my head I'd say:*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best OfI think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
What about Jeff Smith, the "Frugal Gourmet"? His shows were fun to
watch.Sky
Yes!
I think his was probably the first "new age" (??) cooking show I ever
watched. I don't think FoodTV was even on the air back then.
He was a good natured and funny host. A very impromptu show.
The "Great Chefs of..." was a good one too.
Imho,
Andy
On Jun 4, 11:17 pm, "Christopher M." <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best Of
James Barber (The Urban Peasant)
Stephen Yan (Wok With Yan)
David Rosengarten (Taste)
Justin Wilson
Julia Child
Andy said:Skyhooks said...
Quoted message said:Christopher M. said:Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best OfI think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
What about Jeff Smith, the "Frugal Gourmet"? His shows were fun to
watch.Sky
Yes!
I think his was probably the first "new age" (??) cooking show I ever
watched. I don't think FoodTV was even on the air back then.He was a good natured and funny host. A very impromptu show.
The "Great Chefs of..." was a good one too.
Imho,
Andy
I miss David Rosengarten. He always cooked something that never seemed
complicated to make and he would eat it with great relish at the end of
each show, almost always drinking either wine or beer with it. His
shows were relaxed, entertaining and instructive.
Does anybody remember the one when he brought his two very young
daughters along, so he could introduce them the the pleasure of tasting
Madelaines for the first time? It did not turn out quite the way he
expected. :o)
For me its;
Keith Floyd
Rick Steins
Two Fat Ladies
Surfing the Menu
Jamie at Home
--
Cheers
Craig L
Conquer thyself, till thou has done this, thou art but a slave; for it is
almost as well to be subjected to another's appetite as to thine own.
Sir Richard Francis Burton
"Christopher M." <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:9B49i.5185$fX4.3742@trndny03...
Quoted message said:Off the top of my head I'd say:
*Two Fat Ladies
*Mario Eats Italy
*Jamie's (Oliver) Kitchen
*The Best OfI think Food Finds is still on at 4:30 AM on The Food Network.
W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.