Pope RIP

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by ms. tonya, Apr 2, 2005.

  1. ms. tonya

    ms. tonya Guest

    I am not catholic but respected this man for many years, his shoes will
    be hard to fill if ever.
    Once in a life time pope like him I was glad to have witness this
    person.
    May he rest in peace & good job done.

    Tags:

  2. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:45:06 -0500, [email protected] (ms. tonya)
    wrote:

    > I am not catholic but respected this man for many years, his shoes will
    > be hard to fill if ever.
    > Once in a life time pope like him I was glad to have witness this
    > person.
    > May he rest in peace & good job done.

    Blessed John XXIII (1958-63)
    Paul VI (1963-78)
    John Paul I (1978)
    John Paul II (1978-2005)

    Life goes on in Vatican City. His shoes will be filled quickly, and
    hopefully by a pope more progressive than he was.

  3. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 17:38:27 -0800, sf <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:45:06 -0500, [email protected] (ms. tonya)
    >wrote:
    >
    >> I am not catholic but respected this man for many years, his shoes will
    >> be hard to fill if ever.
    >> Once in a life time pope like him I was glad to have witness this
    >> person.
    >> May he rest in peace & good job done.

    >Blessed John XXIII (1958-63)
    >Paul VI (1963-78)
    >John Paul I (1978)
    >John Paul II (1978-2005)
    >
    >Life goes on in Vatican City. His shoes will be filled quickly, and
    >hopefully by a pope more progressive than he was.

    They will probably pick and African or hispanic Pope to replace John
    Paul II.

    Rusty

  4. On Sat 02 Apr 2005 06:38:27p, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:45:06 -0500, [email protected] (ms. tonya)
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I am not catholic but respected this man for many years, his shoes will
    >> be hard to fill if ever.
    >> Once in a life time pope like him I was glad to have witness this
    >> person. May he rest in peace & good job done.

    > Blessed John XXIII (1958-63)
    > Paul VI (1963-78)
    > John Paul I (1978)
    > John Paul II (1978-2005)
    >
    > Life goes on in Vatican City. His shoes will be filled quickly, and
    > hopefully by a pope more progressive than he was.

    --------------------------------------

    That wouldn't take much.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

  5. On Sat 02 Apr 2005 06:38:27p, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:45:06 -0500, [email protected] (ms. tonya)
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I am not catholic but respected this man for many years, his shoes will
    >> be hard to fill if ever.
    >> Once in a life time pope like him I was glad to have witness this
    >> person. May he rest in peace & good job done.

    > Blessed John XXIII (1958-63)
    > Paul VI (1963-78)
    > John Paul I (1978)
    > John Paul II (1978-2005)
    >
    > Life goes on in Vatican City. His shoes will be filled quickly, and
    > hopefully by a pope more progressive than he was.

    Yes, the only thing that brought him out of the dark ages was the
    popemobile.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

  6. aem

    aem Guest

    Rusty wrote:
    > On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 17:38:27 -0800, sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Blessed John XXIII (1958-63)
    > >Paul VI (1963-78)
    > >John Paul I (1978)
    > >John Paul II (1978-2005)
    > >
    > >Life goes on in Vatican City. His shoes will be filled quickly, and
    > >hopefully by a pope more progressive than he was.

    > They will probably pick and African or hispanic Pope to replace John
    > Paul II.
    >
    > Rusty

    I'll take that bet, and I'll give you 2-1 it's an Italian. -aem

  7. In article <[email protected]>,
    "aem" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Rusty wrote:
    > > On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 17:38:27 -0800, sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Blessed John XXIII (1958-63)
    > > >Paul VI (1963-78)
    > > >John Paul I (1978)
    > > >John Paul II (1978-2005)
    > > >
    > > >Life goes on in Vatican City. His shoes will be filled quickly, and
    > > >hopefully by a pope more progressive than he was.

    > > They will probably pick and African or hispanic Pope to replace John
    > > Paul II.
    > >
    > > Rusty

    > I'll take that bet, and I'll give you 2-1 it's an Italian. -aem

    Yup. Too much scary change out there in the world -- better pull back
    in to what's known.

    J2P2 actually considered himself a feminist (much to the startlement of
    most feminists). You can bet his successor won't even go that far.

    Priscilla
    --
    "You can't welcome someone into a body of Christ and then say only
    certain rooms are open." -- dancertm in alt.religion.christian.episcopal

  8. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, ms. tonya
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I am not catholic but respected this man for many years, his shoes will
    > be hard to fill if ever.
    > Once in a life time pope like him I was glad to have witness this
    > person.
    > May he rest in peace & good job done.

    Nonsense, what did he accomplish? Big issues he ducked. Women
    priests? Celebacy of the clergy? Selling annulments to high profile
    people who could pay the big bucks? Plus he condoned pedophile priests
    by finding a nice job for cardinal Law who covered up pedophilia in his
    Boston archdiocese. The guy was scum.

  9. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Wayne Boatwright
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sat 02 Apr 2005 06:38:27p, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >
    > > On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:45:06 -0500, [email protected] (ms. tonya)
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> I am not catholic but respected this man for many years, his shoes will
    > >> be hard to fill if ever.
    > >> Once in a life time pope like him I was glad to have witness this
    > >> person. May he rest in peace & good job done.

    > > Blessed John XXIII (1958-63)
    > > Paul VI (1963-78)
    > > John Paul I (1978)
    > > John Paul II (1978-2005)
    > >
    > > Life goes on in Vatican City. His shoes will be filled quickly, and
    > > hopefully by a pope more progressive than he was.

    > --------------------------------------
    >
    > That wouldn't take much.

    Amen!

  10. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat 02 Apr 2005 06:38:27p, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >
    >> On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:45:06 -0500, [email protected] (ms. tonya)
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am not catholic but respected this man for many years, his shoes will
    >>> be hard to fill if ever.
    >>> Once in a life time pope like him I was glad to have witness this
    >>> person. May he rest in peace & good job done.

    >> Blessed John XXIII (1958-63)
    >> Paul VI (1963-78)
    >> John Paul I (1978)
    >> John Paul II (1978-2005)
    >>
    >> Life goes on in Vatican City. His shoes will be filled quickly, and
    >> hopefully by a pope more progressive than he was.

    > --------------------------------------
    >
    > That wouldn't take much.

    It has been predicted that the next pope will be the last (before the end of
    the world?) and his name will be Peter. I guess we will have to wait and
    see!

    Ophelia

  11. aem

    aem Guest

    Ophelia wrote:

    > It has been predicted that the next pope will be the last (before the
    > end of the world?) and his name will be Peter. I guess we will have
    > to wait and see!

    "It has been predicted"? LOL, we're already too surrounded by
    superstitions.

    One of the inescapable obit pieces yesterday mentioned as one of the
    pope's "achievements" that he not only "pardoned" Galileo from his
    house arrest by the Church over 300 years ago but followed that up a
    few years later by asking for people to pardon the Church for having
    done it. -aem

  12. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "aem" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Ophelia wrote:
    >>
    >> It has been predicted that the next pope will be the last (before the
    >> end of the world?) and his name will be Peter. I guess we will have
    >> to wait and see!

    > "It has been predicted"? LOL, we're already too surrounded by
    > superstitions.
    >
    > One of the inescapable obit pieces yesterday mentioned as one of the
    > pope's "achievements" that he not only "pardoned" Galileo from his
    > house arrest by the Church over 300 years ago but followed that up a
    > few years later by asking for people to pardon the Church for having
    > done it. -aem

    ROFL