Health Nutrition and Supplements · Public discussion

Pork and beans for nutrition

Started by Corzhens · · Last activity · 10 posts · 2,512 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Health Nutrition and Supplements
Published
12 August 2018
Last activity
24 August 2018
Original author
Corzhens
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,512
Views / 30 days
38
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was surprised to read that the common pork and beans have nutrients that can be considered a complete meal. I remember during the scouting days of my brothers, I would hear my father telling them to bring along 2 cans of pork and beans. That will serve as their emergency food in case they cannot cook in the camp area. And that advice was word of wisdom because one time it rained for the whole day that the boy scouts couldn’t cook. My brother had his pork and beans while the rest of the boy scouts endured hunger. I just don’t know if cyclists now would care to bring along a can of pork and beans on their trip.

  2. I always take pork once in a while and I have to admit that it has helped the way that I am living as well as getting to remain strong whenever that I am riding the bike. I know people that don't enjoy taking pork, but I wish they could understand what they are missing.

  3. I’ve often eaten baked beans with barbecued pork, and not only is it a fantastic flavor combination but it leaves you feeling super full without actually having eaten all that much. Combine pork with rice and beans as well and you have an extra nutritious meal, as the combination of rice and beans actually has all the essential proteins and amino acids that one would require. It’s why both many vegetarians and vegans eat it, as well as the underprivileged who might not be able to afford meat all that often.

  4. Pork and beans are a classic combination and are really a great source of nutrition, I know some people in the past who live off of it. Personally, I love preparing my own pork & beans, the canned version is also good but I can't eat in consecutive days.

  5. treecko142 said:

    Pork and beans are a classic combination and are really a great source of nutrition, I know some people in the past who live off of it. Personally, I love preparing my own pork & beans, the canned version is also good but I can't eat in consecutive days.

    Pork and Beans in Tomato Sauce whether fresh or canned is a healthy dish the Pork contains protein, Beans also contain protein and Folate as well as other antioxidants. Tomato Sauce has Lycopene, potassium, Vitamin C and other vitamins and minerals.

    Now combining everything into Pork and Beans in Tomato Sauce it now becomes very healthy.

  6. DenisP said:

    I’ve often eaten baked beans with barbecued pork, and not only is it a fantastic flavor combination but it leaves you feeling super full without actually having eaten all that much. Combine pork with rice and beans as well and you have an extra nutritious meal, as the combination of rice and beans actually has all the essential proteins and amino acids that one would require. It’s why both many vegetarians and vegans eat it, as well as the underprivileged who might not be able to afford meat all that often.

    That's the thing with taking beans especially during the afternoon when you are done with riding in the morning. I have been in that situation where things always work pretty great for me when I eat beans and pork as well.

  7. Corzhens said:

    I was surprised to read that the common pork and beans have nutrients that can be considered a complete meal. I remember during the scouting days of my brothers, I would hear my father telling them to bring along 2 cans of pork and beans. That will serve as their emergency food in case they cannot cook in the camp area. And that advice was word of wisdom because one time it rained for the whole day that the boy scouts couldn’t cook. My brother had his pork and beans while the rest of the boy scouts endured hunger. I just don’t know if cyclists now would care to bring along a can of pork and beans on their trip.

    Canned Pork and Beans are great emergency food because it's ready to eat and is packed with energy. It has protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals which the body needs to create energy.

  8. One Pork and Beans recipe I like to cook needs a couple of cans of pork and beans and some grilled or sweet and spicy barbecued pork. Just cut up some barbecued pork and sauteed in pan with some onion rings, pour in the pork an beans and simmer for 3 minutes. It's easy and fast and very delicious.

  9. Kakashi said:

    Canned Pork and Beans are great emergency food because it's ready to eat and is packed with energy. It has protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals which the body needs to create energy.


    Pork and beans may be the trick of my husband for his admirable stamina. We always have a stock of pork and beans that he eats once in a while for breakfast. He said that buttered toast and pork and beans plus chocolate milk in the morning is one good breakfast that will give you a lasting energy for the day. That is his breakfast at least once a week.

  10. Corzhens said:

    Pork and beans may be the trick of my husband for his admirable stamina. We always have a stock of pork and beans that he eats once in a while for breakfast. He said that buttered toast and pork and beans plus chocolate milk in the morning is one good breakfast that will give you a lasting energy for the day. That is his breakfast at least once a week.

    Your husband's right because pork and beans is really a nutritious dish whether freshly made or canned. Also you can use it to make other dishes like Chili.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.