Post ride recovery and training schedule.

gs12

Jul 30, 2013
Curious to know what everyone uses for post ride recovery. My neighbor, who is a micro-biologist, recommended B-complex and amino acids. My goal is to ride 3 times a week, right now i'm doing 2 35-40 mile rides a week. Any supplement recommendations? Just eat a steak, and drink chocolate milk? lol

Quote: Originally Posted by gs12 .
Curious to know what everyone uses for post ride recovery.

Some sort of liquid glucose replenishment immediately after the ride, then a little online Call of Duty whilst wearing my compression tights followed by a healthy dinner and a good night's sleep. The older I get, making sure my diet is filled with plenty of fruits and vegetables seems to make better sense than focusing on any particular supplements. And steak? But of course. 5-7 minutes on each side in a HOT pan with a little olive oil. A helpful tip I picked up was to save the extra virgin oil for the salad and just use the regular stuff as the more expensive oil's got a lower smoke point and it's subtlety is unneeded in the sautoir.

...then a little online Call of Duty

Nice... I do the same, look for me! SideShow Bob

Very simple here, lots of fruit, vegies and lean meats, no supplements for rides up to 2 hours. Try and keep carbs from potatoes, rice, bread to an absolute minimum.

For 3 hour + hard rides, I use Gatorade/Bananas during the ride and a protein shake, being milk mixed with the highest whey protein I can buy.

Never use and vitamin pills or supplements, other than the above and the good carbs (bread etc.) unfortunately push my weight to above where I would like to be for racing fitness.