Potstickers!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melba's Jammin, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. I don't usually buy the stuff that's being sampled in the supermarkets but last weekend, I bought a
    big bag of potstickers (50 for under $7). Lord, are they good. Lotus Wei Chuan brand pork and
    vegetable filled. The young woman pitching them was so enthusiastic and helpful about how to
    prepare them, it would have been difficult to not purchase. :) I like them just plain but made up
    a couple different dipping sauces for them. Notably, last night's sauce was made from some homemade
    kumquat marmalade a friend sent, some of his hot sauce, and a little soy sauce and some balsamic
    vinegar. I've done worse. I've put the potstickers on my list for this week, too. I think the BRG
    will like them.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!

    Tags:

  2. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > I don't usually buy the stuff that's being sampled in the supermarkets but last weekend, I bought
    > a big bag of potstickers (50 for under $7). Lord, are they good.

    Welcome to 'Asian dumplings' :) Check Damsels rfc web site for my recipe for similar. They are good,
    aren't they?! Yes, yummy indeed. Hmmm, I have some ground pork and frozen shrimp in the freezer...
    dang, I don't have wonton wrappers. Okay, next weekend ;-)

    Jillsie

  3. Orion

    Orion Guest

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I don't usually buy the stuff that's being sampled in the supermarkets but last weekend, I bought
    > a big bag of potstickers (50 for under $7). Lord, are they good. Lotus Wei Chuan brand pork and
    > vegetable filled. The young woman pitching them was so enthusiastic and helpful about how to
    > prepare them, it would have been difficult to not purchase. :) I like them just plain but made up
    > a couple different dipping sauces for them. Notably, last night's sauce was made from some
    > homemade kumquat marmalade a friend sent, some of his hot sauce, and a little soy sauce and some
    > balsamic vinegar. I've done worse. I've put the potstickers on my list for this week, too. I think
    > the BRG will like them.
    > --
    > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!

    Hi Barb, I too have tried these and find them very yummy. Last Christmas my daughter and I made
    lumpia (for the first time), my sol is part Phlipino and they have this wonderful recipe, which
    I'll post if anyone wants it. Our first few tries at rolling them up were dismal, but we got the
    knack of it. Turned out pretty damned good, if I say so myself. I hope to make this part of our
    regular holiday tradition. I've added Cholla and a few other Jewish goodies to the mix, we are a
    blended family!

    Suzan

  4. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    Nancy Young wrote:
    > jmcquown wrote:
    >>
    >> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    >
    >> Welcome to 'Asian dumplings' :) Check Damsels rfc web site for my recipe for similar. They are
    >> good, aren't they?! Yes, yummy indeed. Hmmm, I have some ground pork and frozen shrimp in the
    >> freezer... dang, I don't have wonton wrappers. Okay, next weekend ;-)
    >
    > What do you make for dipping sauce?
    >
    > nancy

    Teriyaki, slice garlic, a little ground ginger... keep it simple :)

  5. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    Nancy Young wrote:

    > jmcquown wrote:
    > >
    > > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    >
    > > Welcome to 'Asian dumplings' :) Check Damsels rfc web site for my recipe for similar. They are
    > > good, aren't they?! Yes, yummy indeed. Hmmm, I have some ground pork and frozen shrimp in the
    > > freezer... dang, I don't have wonton wrappers. Okay, next weekend ;-)
    >
    > What do you make for dipping sauce? nancy

    I like to mix soy sauce, sesame oil, some minced green onions, some sesame seed and sometimes a dash
    of sherry. Goomba