Pound to CAS?

On Mar 26, 1:34 pm, "TJG" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I haven't seen any comments here about **** Pound announcing his
> candidacy for President of CAS. Here's a link:
>
> Short URL:http://snipurl.com/18zfz
>
> Full URL: http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070319.wsptpound19/G...

That's just sick. One of the characters in a book I just finished was
a judge who was nicknamed GENC. That stands for Guilty, Electrocution,
Next Criminal, he never found anyone innocent and always applied the
same sentence.
Maybe Pound's read the book and has modeled his theory of
jurisprudence on him. Fortunately the book is fiction, I wish Pound
was too.
Not surprised to see Rogge kissing his ass either.
Bill C

Dans le message de
news:[email protected],
Bill C <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> On Mar 26, 1:34 pm, "TJG" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I haven't seen any comments here about **** Pound announcing his
>> candidacy for President of CAS. Here's a link:
>>
>> Short URL:http://snipurl.com/18zfz
>>
>> Full URL:
>> http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070319.wsptpound19/G...

> That's just sick. One of the characters in a book I just finished was
> a judge who was nicknamed GENC. That stands for Guilty, Electrocution,
> Next Criminal, he never found anyone innocent and always applied the
> same sentence.
> Maybe Pound's read the book and has modeled his theory of
> jurisprudence on him. Fortunately the book is fiction, I wish Pound
> was too.
> Not surprised to see Rogge kissing his ass either.
> Bill C

You ought not to see this as inconsistent with CAS/TAS policy. It would
help you to have a handle on the procedures under that peusdo-arbitration
entity. And to know that the distribution of panel members guarantees a
majority (when not a full panel) of "arbitrators" who are loyal to the IOC
and the national federations.

--
Bonne route !

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

On Mar 26, 5:17 pm, "Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dans le message denews:[email protected],
> Bill C <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
>

> > On Mar 26, 1:34 pm, "TJG" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> I haven't seen any comments here about **** Pound announcing his
> >> candidacy for President of CAS. Here's a link:

> >> Short URL:http://snipurl.com/18zfz

> >> Full URL:
> >>http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070319.wsptpound19/G...

> > That's just sick. One of the characters in a book I just finished was
> > a judge who was nicknamed GENC. That stands for Guilty, Electrocution,
> > Next Criminal, he never found anyone innocent and always applied the
> > same sentence.
> > Maybe Pound's read the book and has modeled his theory of
> > jurisprudence on him. Fortunately the book is fiction, I wish Pound
> > was too.
> > Not surprised to see Rogge kissing his ass either.
> > Bill C

> You ought not to see this as inconsistent with CAS/TAS policy. It would
> help you to have a handle on the procedures under that peusdo-arbitration
> entity. And to know that the distribution of panel members guarantees a
> majority (when not a full panel) of "arbitrators" who are loyal to the IOC
> and the national federations.

dumbasses,

Usually it's the penalized athlete that wants to go to CAS to reverse
a national fed's ruling. Historically it hasn't been used by
International bodies to go after athletes when the national fed.
refuses to sanction them.

On Mar 26, 6:14 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> dumbasses,
>
> Usually it's the penalized athlete that wants to go to CAS to reverse
> a national fed's ruling. Historically it hasn't been used by
> International bodies to go after athletes when the national fed.
> refuses to sanction them.- Hide quoted text -

That's why I think it would be a disaster for Pound to become part of
the "appeals" court. I can't see any way in hell any rider would get a
fair and just hearing with Pound heading the court.
No matter what anyone thinks of CAS now, you've got to admit that
Pound being made president of the court would immediately reduce the
perception that they are impartial and fair.
Bill C

On Mar 26, 2:15 pm, "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote:
> That's just sick. One of the characters in a book I just finished was
> a judge who was nicknamed GENC. That stands for Guilty, Electrocution,
> Next Criminal, he never found anyone innocent and always applied the
> same sentence.

>From the link, quoting the Pounder:

"I think I'm of the few practicing lawyers in the IOC these days who
actually get up in court," he said in a telephone interview. "It's a
natural progression. You go from being a lawyer to being a judge."

Remember, with Pound, everything has to be natural.

He's been practicing long and hard (naturally) for the position. --D-

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mar 26, 2:15 pm, "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > That's just sick. One of the characters in a book I just finished was
> > a judge who was nicknamed GENC. That stands for Guilty, Electrocution,
> > Next Criminal, he never found anyone innocent and always applied the
> > same sentence.

> >From the link, quoting the Pounder:

> "I think I'm of the few practicing lawyers in the IOC these days who
> actually get up in court," he said in a telephone interview. "It's a
> natural progression. You go from being a lawyer to being a judge."
>
> Remember, with Pound, everything has to be natural.
>
> He's been practicing long and hard (naturally) for the position. --D-

Didn't Pound fight in Vietnam and coin the phrase " Gotta burn the village
to save it." ?

Dans le message de
news:[email protected],
[email protected] <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> On Mar 26, 5:17 pm, "Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Dans le message
>> denews:[email protected], Bill C
>> <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

>>> That's just sick. One of the characters in a book I just finished
>>> was a judge who was nicknamed GENC. That stands for Guilty,
>>> Electrocution, Next Criminal, he never found anyone innocent and
>>> always applied the same sentence.
>>> Maybe Pound's read the book and has modeled his theory of
>>> jurisprudence on him. Fortunately the book is fiction, I wish Pound
>>> was too.
>>> Not surprised to see Rogge kissing his ass either.
>>> Bill C

>> You ought not to see this as inconsistent with CAS/TAS policy. It
>> would help you to have a handle on the procedures under that
>> peusdo-arbitration entity. And to know that the distribution of
>> panel members guarantees a majority (when not a full panel) of
>> "arbitrators" who are loyal to the IOC and the national federations.
>>

> dumbasses,
>
> Usually it's the penalized athlete that wants to go to CAS to reverse
> a national fed's ruling. Historically it hasn't been used by
> International bodies to go after athletes when the national fed.
> refuses to sanction them.

The penalized athlete has no other choice! Except for the brave few who
consider going to court to seek to annul the mandatory and exclusive nature
of the arbitration agreement that is in their contract and license.
Recently, it _has_ been the UCI that has sought to augment penalties. Other
sports than cycling seem to avoid the process, as they don't have a
witch-hunt going on. Look at the results table on the CAS site if you want
to delve deeper.
--
Bonne route !

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

Dans le message de
news:[email protected],
Bill C <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> On Mar 26, 6:14 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>> dumbasses,
>>
>> Usually it's the penalized athlete that wants to go to CAS to reverse
>> a national fed's ruling. Historically it hasn't been used by
>> International bodies to go after athletes when the national fed.
>> refuses to sanction them.- Hide quoted text -

> That's why I think it would be a disaster for Pound to become part of
> the "appeals" court. I can't see any way in hell any rider would get a
> fair and just hearing with Pound heading the court.
> No matter what anyone thinks of CAS now, you've got to admit that
> Pound being made president of the court would immediately reduce the
> perception that they are impartial and fair.
> Bill C

More dangerous, he is trying to have a seat on the CAS administrative board,
which could easily revise rules of arbitration procedure to the detriment of
the already insidious rules they have.
--
Bonne route !

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

TJG wrote:

> I haven't seen any comments here about **** Pound announcing his
> candidacy for President of CAS.

Perhaps he'd be more suited to being the chief judge of the Iranian
revolutionary court.