Any insight in this area is appreciated?
And where is that table with power numbers (watts/kg, etc.) of different levels of cyclists (from domestic-US-cats to euro pros)?
Happy Riding!
Power meters · Public discussion
Power Output (FTP) Changes During/Off Season
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Power meters
- Published
- 28 November 2006
- Last activity
- 5 December 2006
- Original author
- roadcyclist
- Posts
- 6
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,887
- Views / 30 days
- 4
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
roadcyclist said:
Any insight in this area is appreciated?
Ummm, it goes down.🙂 As for how much, I think you'd need to do some testing once training resumes, or use one of the other estimating methods here: cyclingpeakssoftware.comthreshold.aspOpen ↗
roadcyclist said:
And where is that table with power numbers (watts/kg, etc.) of different levels of cyclists (from domestic-US-cats to euro pros)?
-
actually my FTP has gone up in the off season... probably initially since as my training volume has gone down there is a tapering affect.. but surpisingly it has pretty much leved off at a level that is still higher than the summer and not really falling off either. my training volume is about 1/2 what it was in the summer. 240W @ 56kg --> 255W-260W @ 57.5kg
-
my FTP went up slightly but I did an AC workout and that went down substantially about 100W... ~500W to ~400W
-
doctorSpoc said:
my FTP went up slightly but I did an AC workout and that went down substantially about 100W... ~500W to ~400W
Mine's gone up, also. Plus I have dropped ~2 kg. I've gained 0.22w/kg. I attribute this to buying a powertap, cutting down on group rides, and incorporating a steady diet of sweet-spot training.🙂
I am riding 7-8 hours/week on the trainer and nothing else. -
FTP for a top 10 Norba female mountain bike racer.
Weight 54kg constant
At nationals (July) FTP: 255 watts
End of september after a month off FTP: 225 watts
December FTP: 250 watts.Just for reference the 25 watts gain from sept to dec was achieve on a program of extensive cross trainning and weight trainning. The cycling component of the program was restricted to medium length rides at low intensitiy.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.