Power meters · Public discussion

Power tap and power tap wireless

Started by teakay · · Last activity · 10 posts · 3,194 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
19 October 2005
Last activity
19 November 2005
Original author
teakay
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,194
Views / 30 days
32

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. When the new wireless version is available will the hub work with the current cumputer or will you need a complete new system?

  2. teakay said:

    When the new wireless version is available will the hub work with the current cumputer or will you need a complete new system?

    You will need a whole new system.

  3. bcarroll said:

    You will need a whole new system.


    My bearings (the PT's and my knees) will be long burned out before I consider purchasing another PT just to dump the wire.

  4. joule said:

    My bearings (the PT's and my knees) will be long burned out before I consider purchasing another PT just to dump the wire.

    Ahhh.... but what if the wireless ends up being compatible with that disk rear wheel that you mentioned in the other thread? 😉

  5. frenchyge said:

    Ahhh.... but what if the wireless ends up being compatible with that disk rear wheel that you mentioned in the other thread? 😉

    ROTFLMAO! Ack! I'm being tailed! A cult following ... or just another sprinter sucking my wheel!😄

  6. frenchyge said:

    Ahhh.... but what if the wireless ends up being compatible with that disk rear wheel that you mentioned in the other thread? 😉

    If I were Zipp, I would want to launch the disc wheel with the receiverless, wireless hub. Justifies a premium price.

  7. RapDaddyo said:

    If I were Zipp, I would want to launch the disc wheel with the receiverless, wireless hub. Justifies a premium price.

    I guess for a disk wheel it would not be as much of an issue, but the problem with wireless is quite clear once you have a group training session. My Polar goes NUTS when I ride together with a few of my racing friends. Doubt it's an issue with the current generation of power devices, but if the range starts reaching 3 feet (1 meter) so the receiver on your handlebars can receive the single from your rear hub, then it will also pick up signals from the riders left and right of me.😠 Sure that is one reason most wireless speed sensors run off the front wheel.

  8. RapDaddyo said:

    If I were Zipp, I would want to launch the disc wheel with the receiverless, wireless hub. Justifies a premium price.


    My thoughts exactly.

  9. joule said:

    My Polar goes NUTS when I ride together with a few of my racing friends.

    Which Polar? My 710i had never picked up signals from other riders using Polar 710i or 725.

  10. F1_Fan said:

    Which Polar? My 710i had never picked up signals from other riders using Polar 710i or 725.


    Polar 520. Never an issue with the heart rate signal (range too limited). But have seen many instances of picking up signals from other people when I have the cadence enabled. Seems the cadence sensor generates higher RF than the speed or HR sensors.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.