Power meters · Public discussion

PowerTap Pro and PowerTap SL interop

Started by russelldb · · Last activity · 7 posts · 1,528 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
2 March 2007
Last activity
3 March 2007
Original author
russelldb
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,528
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,
    If I have a PowerTap Pro wiring harness and head unit and I stick a PowerTap SL hubbed wheel on the setup will they play nice together or does the hub require its own head unit? How about if I use PowerTap SL hub and head unit but PowerTap Pro harness?

    Many thanks

    Russell

  2. russelldb said:

    Hi,
    If I have a PowerTap Pro wiring harness and head unit and I stick a PowerTap SL hubbed wheel on the setup will they play nice together or does the hub require its own head unit? How about if I use PowerTap SL hub and head unit but PowerTap Pro harness?

    Many thanks

    Russell


    My pro went to be serviced so i hired a SL and it works fine with my headunit and harness
    Si

  3. russelldb said:

    Hi,
    If I have a PowerTap Pro wiring harness and head unit and I stick a PowerTap SL hubbed wheel on the setup will they play nice together or does the hub require its own head unit? How about if I use PowerTap SL hub and head unit but PowerTap Pro harness?

    Many thanks

    Russell

    The Pro CPU is the same for both hubs. The wiring harness will work on both if it is reasonably recent version (sharkfin or one model previous). Some older wiring harness receivers may not work with the SL.

  4. Si Wilson said:

    My pro went to be serviced so i hired a SL and it works fine with my headunit and harness
    Si


    Thanks for the help. That is exacty it. My Pro is playing up ('cos I looked at it wrong on a damp day) so I have to rent for a bit.

    Rental place up sold me to an SL 2.4 anyway so I won't need my harness/head unit i guess.

    What happens next? I fall for the SL2.4 and feel compelled to buy one?

    Russell

  5. russelldb said:

    Thanks for the help. That is exacty it. My Pro is playing up ('cos I looked at it wrong on a damp day) so I have to rent for a bit.

    Rental place up sold me to an SL 2.4 anyway so I won't need my harness/head unit i guess.

    other than somewhere to put the cpu (i didn't have time to take off my old receiver kit before training today, so i slapped my 2.4 CPU on my old receiver unit).

    Quoted post said:


    What happens next? I fall for the SL2.4 and feel compelled to buy one?

    Russell

    Ask me about the pricing of them! In the case of your wet Pro, we supply loaners (where possible) when a wheel has to go back under warranty. And, we have (as far as i'm aware) the best UK prices for them.

    ric

  6. I have swapped between early Power tap Std and SL harnesses, hubs and CPU's with no problems.

  7. ric_stern/RST said:

    other than somewhere to put the cpu (i didn't have time to take off my old receiver kit before training today, so i slapped my 2.4 CPU on my old receiver unit).

    Ask me about the pricing of them! In the case of your wet Pro, we supply loaners (where possible) when a wheel has to go back under warranty. And, we have (as far as i'm aware) the best UK prices for them.

    ric


    Cheers all for your help. I'll keep you in mind when I come to buy Ric.

    Russell

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.