PowerTap Pro CLR function. Can I still download?

russelldb

Sep 25, 2006
Hi,
I hit the CLR function on my PowerTap pro before this mornings ride and realized later that I didn't download the data from Wednesday nights turbo session. Is the data still there to download or does clr clear the memory as well as the display?

Cheers

Russell

russelldb said:
Hi,
I hit the CLR function on my PowerTap pro before this mornings ride and realized later that I didn't download the data from Wednesday nights turbo session. Is the data still there to download or does clr clear the memory as well as the display?

Cheers

Russell

you've lost the data.

ric

russelldb said:
Great. So how do you zero all display between rides or do you HAVE to download after each session?
You have to 'download' and then 'clear' to truly zero the head unit.

I think most simply ignore it since you can read your power, speed, etc. without zeroing and only use the rest once downloaded.

If you want an average, max, etc. during the ride, start an 'interval'.

TF

Terry Ferguson said:
You have to 'download' and then 'clear' to truly zero the head unit.

I think most simply ignore it since you can read your power, speed, etc. without zeroing and only use the rest once downloaded.

If you want an average, max, etc. during the ride, start an 'interval'.

TF
Cheers

Won't do that again.

russelldb said:
Cheers

Won't do that again.

Yes you will. :D I've been using my PT SL for a year and have accidentally erased probably 3 or 4 rides, usually when setting an interval toward the end of the ride when there's not a whole lot of blood going to my brain. Poor design to have the CLR function essentially the same as the interval marker.

But, if you keep your wits about you and haven't released the buttons, you can go straight past CLR to setup mode by continuing to keep them pressed down. Then click through without changing anything and it will take you back.

peterpen said:
Yes you will. :D I've been using my PT SL for a year and have accidentally erased probably 3 or 4 rides, usually when setting an interval toward the end of the ride when there's not a whole lot of blood going to my brain. Poor design to have the CLR function essentially the same as the interval marker.

But, if you keep your wits about you and haven't released the buttons, you can go straight past CLR to setup mode by continuing to keep them pressed down. Then click through without changing anything and it will take you back.
I wish they wold change that!!!!!!!

peterpen said:

When in a lactic haze and silly enough to hold them down too long - there is no way you'll be smart enough to keep 'em, pressed;)
The natural reaction is always to "let go".

Alex Simmons said:
When in a lactic haze and silly enough to hold them down too long - there is no way you'll be smart enough to keep 'em, pressed;)

having lost a couple of races worth of data because i wanted to mark each lap for later comparison, i've given up using the interval function. i wish, there was a third button, or something, i could just press to start an interval with no chance of erasing the data.

ric

ric_stern/RST said:
having lost a couple of races worth of data because i wanted to mark each lap for later comparison, i've given up using the interval function. i wish, there was a third button, or something, i could just press to start an interval with no chance of erasing the data.

ric
Bummer! I've lost part of a training ride but not a race....

Yeah - with C Peaks, finding and marking race laps is pretty easy after the event (e.g. total distance / number of laps = lap distance, or sometimes there are clear markers every lap - speed and/or power spikes/drops).

I often hit interval a little before the start and a little after the finish when you have your wits about you - you can edit the interval easily later or mark a new one but having the markers close to the start & finish still helps find them quickly.

Alex Simmons said:
PT could reverse the CLR and menu order. Hold for 2 seconds and get the menu(instead of clear), then when you freak you are just in Menu, which is easy to get out of.

Then when you want to clear hold down both buttons for the 6 seconds or so that it now takes to get to the menu. A confirm clear would be nice as well.