powertap screen brightness

PowerPunk

Jan 4, 2005
does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the screen brightness on the powertap pro?

I searched a pdf version of the instruction manual and did not find a match for contrast or brightness. Do you think yours has gone unusually dim or just want more contrast? Try the contact page for graberproducts.com.

Woofer said:
I searched a pdf version of the instruction manual and did not find a match for contrast or brightness. Do you think yours has gone unusually dim or just want more contrast? Try the contact page for graberproducts.com.
I contacted Graber yesterday. They said the CPU is shot. It's just over a year old, so they wont warranty it. When I asked if I could order a new one and if I could have it overnighted, they told me to just go to my local bike shop and have them deal with it.

I've had a lot of problems with my powertap. 14 months of use, 4 wiring harnesses, this will be my third CPU, and I just had to have the torque tube replaced, which took over a month, although I was told it would be done in a week.

This latest encounter was different in that they pretty much gave me the "FU - go deal with it on your own" feeling. All the other problems I've had were at least mitigated by excellent customer service. Looks like that just came an abrupt halt. :mad:

PowerPunk said:
I contacted Graber yesterday. They said the CPU is shot. It's just over a year old, so they wont warranty it. When I asked if I could order a new one and if I could have it overnighted, they told me to just go to my local bike shop and have them deal with it.

I've had a lot of problems with my powertap. 14 months of use, 4 wiring harnesses, this will be my third CPU, and I just had to have the torque tube replaced, which took over a month, although I was told it would be done in a week.

This latest encounter was different in that they pretty much gave me the "FU - go deal with it on your own" feeling. All the other problems I've had were at least mitigated by excellent customer service. Looks like that just came an abrupt halt. :mad:
That really sucks. Sorry to hear that.

PowerPunk said:
Do you download or not?
I have an older PowerTap head unit that does not download that I will sell to you for a song if you just need a head unit.

the numbers will not appear to be very dark if you look directly at the screen. you need to mount it so that you are looking at the cpu at a considerable angle. it should be mounted nearly parallel to the ground.
they should fix this, and just make the display brighter.

Thanks for all the input. I already replaced the computer. Found a place on line that had them in stock that would ship overnight.

It was more than just the brightness of the screen. All of the numbers/letters were beginning to meld together, no matter the angle of viewing. Everything was starting to look like 8 and all of the other icons were also showing up when they should't have been.

It actually recorded and downloaded fine. just didn't have anything to go on during hte ride....