Power meters · Public discussion

Powertap shuts off after 15 seconds

Started by velomanct · · Last activity · 6 posts · 1,619 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
3 July 2008
Last activity
11 July 2008
Original author
velomanct
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,619
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I got caught in a downpour 2 nights ago, before that it worked perfectly. I took the cap off and no moisture inside the hub either, but I let it 'dry' just in case.

    So now, the powertap will work, but it stops reading after 15 seconds every time (all dashes). So I know it works, but for some reason the signal stops being transmitted.

    Any ideas? Maybe I just need new hub batteries?

  2. If the icon isn't diplayed indicating the hub is transmitting, then it isn't.
    I had the same thing happen to one of mine. Had to call for a return authorization.😠

    velomanct said:

    I got caught in a downpour 2 nights ago, before that it worked perfectly. I took the cap off and no moisture inside the hub either, but I let it 'dry' just in case.

    So now, the powertap will work, but it stops reading after 15 seconds every time (all dashes). So I know it works, but for some reason the signal stops being transmitted.

    Any ideas? Maybe I just need new hub batteries?

  3. It started working normal again on yesterday's ride. I suspect it just had moisture in there still. let's hope it keeps going! and I won't ever take a chance with these damn new england summer thunderstorms again! Totally not worth it to ride in the rain.

  4. Still you should call customer service. You should be able to ride in the rain without it going out on you.

    velomanct said:

    It started working normal again on yesterday's ride. I suspect it just had moisture in there still. let's hope it keeps going! and I won't ever take a chance with these damn new england summer thunderstorms again! Totally not worth it to ride in the rain.

  5. Well, I had a different powertap, same model a few years ago and it too would not work in the rain. I don't plan on riding in the rain, so if it works now, I'm not touching it, LOL.

  6. They do tend to get wonky in the rain. Hairdryer helped me.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.