Pre/Post-ride rituals

Wow, nobody stretches???

Pre-ride: (mtb - all I have, for now...)
Get dressed
Gather up HRM/cyclocomputer, gloves, helmet, etc.
Grab cold water bottle from fridge
Check that shoe cleats are nice and tight
Check tire pressure/general bike condition
Stretch for about 3-5 minutes (found out how curcial this is for me after a knee injury)
Get on and ride (or load up the bike and take it to faraway trail by auto)

Post-ride:
Clean off bike (only if really filthy)
Make note of any serious lacerations, contusions, etc. for later treatment
Clean out water bottle and fill it for next ride
Strip off sweaty cycling gear (but only once I'm inside!)
Take nice hot shower
Clean and dress any lacerations, contusions, etc.
Put feet up, enjoy some food & drink (but not always) and relax!

i listen to led zepplin, immigrant song, to get in the zone. after that (since lance is the reason i ride) i ask myself "did lance ride today?" and then i say yep, so its time to go. then i do all the things that have been mentioned above (check the bike etc)

Originally posted by Beastt
It seems that most cyclists develop their own little traditions, superstitions or preparations surrounding each rendezvous with the bike. Do you wipe the tires, clean the chain, wax the frame? Perhaps you always start off in the same gear or wipe off each spoke after the ride.

What are some of your specific preparatory habits or rituals?

Pre ride I do a quick once over of my bike, plus I stretch and make sure I have all my basics with me when I set out (helmet, water, tools, etc>)

Post ride I have a protein bar, pee like crazy, and parade around naked until I feel like showering.

our team gets chicken parm the night b4 and then
race day we all use the trainers and hr before the race to warm up then have some gu and water

then race hard as balls till we have no lungs

Afterwards if we do well we go to Mc. Donalds and rape the dollar menu (only meat of course...heheh)

Beside all the pre-ride essentials and safety procedures, I put on my Green stone. A jade weapon shaped mineral necklace given to me by a Maori in New Zealand. Seems to bring me good luck.