Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Pressure for Vredestein Slicks?

Started by Steve Christens · · Last activity · 6 posts · 957 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
30 July 2003
Last activity
31 July 2003
Original author
Steve Christens
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
957
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. What type of pressure have you Vredestein Slick users been keeping in your tires? They're rated at
    90 psi, though I've been using 100 for a few years with good results.

    Anybody using 110? 120?

    Steve Christensen Midland, MI

  2. I have been running mine at 110 PSI, and have not had any problems. I know 110 PSI mite be pushing
    it a bit, but usually they are under-rated. I too would like to hear what other users set the
    pressure at. LET THE DEBATE BEGIN!!!

    "Steve Christensen" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What type of pressure have you Vredestein Slick users been keeping in your tires? They're rated at
    90 psi, though I've been using 100 for a few


    years with

    Quoted message said:

    good results.

    Anybody using 110? 120?

    Steve Christensen Midland, MI

  3. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    What type of pressure have you Vredestein Slick users been keeping in your tires? They're rated at
    90 psi, though I've been using 100 for a few years with good results.

    Anybody using 110? 120?

    I top mine off at 115. Re-air when the pressure bleeds down to about
    80.

    --
    Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager clee.orgclee.org
    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  4. Same here at 100psi. Don't see a reason to push it beyond that. What would 110-120 psi gain for you
    relative to the increased risk of a blow-out? If you must have higher pressure, I'd go with
    something like a Stelvio.

    Eddie Hurt

    Steve Christensen <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    What type of pressure have you Vredestein Slick users been keeping in your tires? They're rated at
    90 psi, though I've been using 100 for a few years with good results.

    Anybody using 110? 120?

    Steve Christensen Midland, MI

  5. I am running 70 pounds in my Scwalbe Marathons. I get a smoother ride than I did with 100 pounds.

    A friend of mine runs at 120 pounds on his older DF. His rear axle breaks every few months from the
    pounding. I can just imagine what his butt must feel like.

    Harald

  6. In article <[email hidden]>, "Harald" says...

    Quoted message said:


    I am running 70 pounds in my Scwalbe Marathons. I get a smoother ride than I did with 100 pounds.

    A friend of mine runs at 120 pounds on his older DF. His rear axle breaks every few months from the
    pounding. I can just imagine what his butt must feel like.

    My wife had some tires on her DF that would take 150 psi, so she tried it. The tires might have been
    able to take it, but the tubes would blow out on a regular basis!

    We both now run Stelvios at 120 on our V2s, and love the low rolling resistance. Which is why I
    was wondering about increasing the pressure on my S-licks that I run on my Vision VR-42. The VR-42
    is a very comfortable ride, but feels a bit slow (duh) compared with the V2. I tried going from
    100 to 110, and it felt faster. Since it is fully suspended I don't notice any increased harshness
    in the ride.

    Steve Christensen

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.