Pro cycling sucks !

Oms

Jul 26, 2007
That's it...... sorry to say.....lost total interest in pro cycling !!!!!! The Tour sucks !!!! Pro cyclist are plain stupid and brainless !!!

There should be a one year cleansing period starting after the 2007 TDF..... no races.... everybody "dries out" .... stop taking drugs.... everybody gets used to training without drugs for one year ....next race = 2008 TDF.

That's my opinion after latest TDF saga.

Oms

Oms said:
That's it...... sorry to say.....lost total interest in pro cycling !!!!!! The Tour sucks !!!! Pro cyclist are plain stupid and brainless !!!

There should be a one year cleansing period starting after the 2007 TDF..... no races.... everybody "dries out" .... stop taking drugs.... everybody gets used to training without drugs for one year ....next race = 2008 TDF.

That's my opinion after latest TDF saga.

Oms
Only downside is it would probably be as boring as todays stage. That was the most pathetic stage I think I have ever seen.

kevinbob said:
that's why you should watch amateurs race, especially crits.
I don't think pro cycling sucks. It is the dopers that suck. Problem is, and I know this is the entire argument, we don't know who is doping and who is not. I still think it is a beautiful sport. Rich in history, steeped in tradition, and the machines are technological marvels in my opinion.

Even some amateurs use supplements and do things to one up the competition. I will stick with the sport as I am not a fair weather fan. Just hope things do change to even out the playing field so the cheats actually have to suffer "naturally" to win just like the non-cheats.

It's funny that alot of poeple hate cycling now but football, baseball, track and many other sports are ok. Why up with that? There will always be cheaters because there are plenty of people that will do what ever to win. Until all sports are clean and people ***** about basball, football things will never change. I use to do bodybuilding when I was younger and yes I took the juice so keep up with everyone and yes I had no problem doning it, that was over 20 years ago and if you wantd to be competitive you had to. I'm glad I tried it but there is no way I would do it ever again. As long as everyone is clean then the sport will be trusted.

Demus said:
It's funny that alot of poeple hate cycling now but football, baseball, track and many other sports are ok. Why up with that? There will always be cheaters because there are plenty of people that will do what ever to win. Until all sports are clean and people ***** about basball, football things will never change. I use to do bodybuilding when I was younger and yes I took the juice so keep up with everyone and yes I had no problem doning it, that was over 20 years ago and if you wantd to be competitive you had to. I'm glad I tried it but there is no way I would do it ever again. As long as everyone is clean then the sport will be trusted.
Yep and I don't trust track n field athletes, baseballers, fotballers or american footballers as far as I can throw them. The only reason there has been a spate of positive tests in cycling in recent years is because cycling is actually detecting the cheats with more rigorous (and expensive) testing while other sports have too much political and economic influence to be prepared to expose themselves. For example: Have we heard yet about all the spanish footballers and tennis players who were involved with Fuentes? No.