I've been noticing a sqeaky sound coming from the drive chain on my last few rides. Yesterday I gave my winter bike a good clean and noticed that there is now a significant amount of play in the upper jocket wheel. It's wobbling a fair bit with lots of lateral movement and it definitely isn't normal.
I took the chain off the bike and spun the lower jockey wheel around with my finger - it's very firm and only spins for 2/3 revolutions. But when I spun the upper jockey wheel it did about 5 revolutions, which again shows that all is not well.
What is the best solution to this problem? Is there a way I can manually tighten the jockey wheel myself, even though I am not particularly technical in bike maintenance matters? I don't think it can be done using a small allen key.
Or is this a job for the LBS? The whole bike was bought new and is 4 months old with approx 1,300 miles.