Proform Tour De France

jwroubaix

Jun 6, 2007
Does anyone else own one of these things? In my opinion it's a complete piece of junk. It doesn't simulate riding a bike in the least. It doesn't pedal smoothly. When it's going down hill you can't even pedal in the highest. Biggest waste of money i've ever spent.

Mine is smooth as can be and I like it. I like the road better but it keeps me in fair form for an indoor device.

Originally Posted by jwroubaix
Does anyone else own one of these things? In my opinion it's a complete piece of junk. It doesn't simulate riding a bike in the least. It doesn't pedal smoothly. When it's going down hill you can't even pedal in the highest. Biggest waste of money i've ever spent.
Thats a shame since they're very pricey to buy new. Check thats it's been set up right befor ebinning it though. It might also be worth while exercise to RTFM if you haven't already.

If it's faulty, simply exchange it. It's not rocket science.

I've had the repairs guys out to check it out and they said nothing is wrong with it. JHuskey, a few questions for you, when you do a TDF stage, for example it says a stage is 53 minutes, I end up doing it 25 minutes, is your like that? When coming down a hill can you still pedal, on mine there is no resistance. Then when you're going up a steep hill it's really hard to pedal but you can just lower the gear to make it easier but nothing like being on a bike for real?

That is consistent with mine. I tend to only use up hill stages and create my own routes on ifit. It is impossible to duplicate the road but it is the best workout I have achieved on a trainer.