Protein Shakes?

Anu

Guest
Folks,
I am a (mad) cow-fearing vegetairan. But, it looks like my protein
intake sucks (self-realization after a two-week food-diary). Any
advice on protein shakes?

cheers
-a

what about soy protein?

news:[email protected]...

Anu said:

> Folks,
> I am a (mad) cow-fearing vegetairan. But, it looks like my protein
> intake sucks (self-realization after a two-week food-diary). Any
> advice on protein shakes?
>
> cheers
> -a

Protein shakes are an expensive way to drink flavoured skim milk so buy some
skim milk powder, put a lot in the blender and throw in a banana or whatever
(and some water of course!).

HTH,
Steve = : ^ )

Leafing through rec.sport.triathlon, I read Steve B.'s message of 13 Oct
2004:

> Anu said:
>
>> Folks,
>> I am a (mad) cow-fearing vegetairan. But, it looks like my protein
>> intake sucks (self-realization after a two-week food-diary). Any
>> advice on protein shakes?
>>
>> cheers
>> -a

> Protein shakes are an expensive way to drink flavoured skim milk so
> buy some skim milk powder, put a lot in the blender and throw in a
> banana or whatever (and some water of course!).

The extra protein I get from whey powder is about 62 cents per day. It's
$22 for a 5 pound tub. A 32 gram scoop of whey powder contains 22 grams
of protein. 5 lbs = 2,268 grams. A 5 pound tub contains 71 servings. If I
have 2 scoops a day. It comes out to about 62 cents per day for 44 grams
of protein.

Phil M.

--
"What counts in battle is what you do once the pain sets in." -John
Short, South African coach.

You may want to check out the book Food for Fitness (Chris Carmichael) -
some discussion is given to specific needs of active vegetarians.

Superfoods - may be another book to check out.

BBB

news:[email protected]...