In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...
Quoted message said:
Paul Boyd has brought this to us :
Quoted message said:
That's how you can tell cyclists or motorcyclists in supermarkets - they're the ones who look over their shoulder before pulling their trolley out.The car drivers drive their trolleys like their cars :-)
I'd never *dare* make a comment about driving ability, but why *is* it that women are so totally incapable of controlling a supermarket trolley in a responsible manner? :oÞ
(Retires to a safe distance...)
Why is it that British, and only British, trolleys whether they be supermarket trolleys or luggage trolleys at the airport, are always fitted with at least one square wheel? Everywhere else in the world manages to make trolleys that roll freely but not us Brits.
-- Tony
" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." Bertrand Russell
Oh good I'm glad it is not just me that has noticed these things.
Approaches crowd of worried looking male cyclists in supermarket. Carries scalpel. Brandishes scalpel in the direction of the worried looking cyclists' groins...
In article <[email hidden]>, w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn £ect.com says...
Quoted message said:
Approaches crowd of worried looking male cyclists in supermarket. Carries scalpel. Brandishes scalpel in the direction of the worried looking cyclists' groins...
Ah but those cyclists are just taking advantage of knowing they can outrun you at the moment with your gammy knee ;-)
-- Tony
" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." Bertrand Russell
In article <[email hidden]>, w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn £ect.com says...
Quoted message said:
Approaches crowd of worried looking male cyclists in supermarket. Carries scalpel. Brandishes scalpel in the direction of the worried looking cyclists' groins...
Ah but those cyclists are just taking advantage of knowing they can outrun you at the moment with your gammy knee ;-)
-- Tony
" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." Bertrand Russell
Oh, but she can still rocket down the isle on her trolley, propelled by her good leg.
The paradox is that she'll be off her trolley whilst being on her trolley. ;-P
In article <[email hidden]>, Tony Raven [email hidden] says...
Quoted message said:
In article <[email hidden]>, w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn £ect.com says...
Quoted message said:
Approaches crowd of worried looking male cyclists in supermarket. Carries scalpel. Brandishes scalpel in the direction of the worried looking cyclists' groins...
Ah but those cyclists are just taking advantage of knowing they can outrun you at the moment with your gammy knee ;-)
She can scoot her trolley at considerable speed. :-)
That's how you can tell cyclists or motorcyclists in supermarkets - they're the ones who look over their shoulder before pulling their trolley out. The car drivers drive their trolleys like their cars :-)
Quoted message said:
I'd never *dare* make a comment about driving ability, but why *is* it that women are so totally incapable of controlling a supermarket trolley in a responsible manner? :oÞ
Quoted message said:
(Retires to a safe distance...)
It is because they are thinking about what to buy, what they want for tea, what flavour tea they want, that they completely forget that they are pushing a trolley around. (so much for being better at multitasking).
I have had in the past a woman stop three feet in front of my trolley, then walk backwards into my trolley and think it was my fault.
Martin.
Men make menus and shopping lists, so they don't have to hang around, pondering. Planning what you're going to eat for the whole week helps coordinate the use of left-overs, and reminds you to have a big plate of spaghetti on the evening before a hard ride.
Bearing in mind that the millions required to create safe and sensible cycle lanes is never going to materialise, I guess these schemes are the best that we are likely to get. I really don't know what the answer is except for us all to bite our lips and to try to get along.
Brian.
IMO the answer is sticking to the roads instead of pavements/cycleways/ shared access. It doesnt make sense to have bikes coming on and off the highway and pavements, being considered second rate in both situations.
Due to the late nature of my ride home last night I took the off-road cycle path home, despite having 30w of lighting pointing at a couple with two prams walking down the shared path neither of them wanted to move until I got to within a couple of metres and politely asked them if they really needed the entire pathway.
In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...
Quoted message said:
Men make menus and shopping lists, so they don't have to hang around, pondering. Planning what you're going to eat for the whole week helps coordinate the use of left-overs, and reminds you to have a big plate of spaghetti on the evening before a hard ride.
I have a far simpler system that requires no menus or shopping lists and no pondering. Just buy the weeks BOGOFs. That way you get a varied diet week to week and try lots of new things.
-- Tony
" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." Bertrand Russell
In news:[email hidden], Tony Raven <[email hidden]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
Quoted message said:
I have a far simpler system that requires no menus or shopping lists and no pondering. Just buy the weeks BOGOFs. That way you get a varied diet week to week and try lots of new things.
My local Sainsbury's has been knocking out 46% ABV Ardmore at half price for the past week.