purchasing a like new 2006 trek 7700 for $500, good deal?

cds01

May 26, 2006
obviously looking at the msrp on the trek site (over $1200), it is a fabulous deal, but hybrid bikes seem not to hold their value as well as road bikes. i suppose it is because there are only a select few willing to spend that kinda cash on a commuter bike. i guess mainly what i'm asking is if the 7700 is worth its salt. how much could the bike bring in case i am not happy with it and choose to go with a road bike? thanks :)

cds01 said:
obviously looking at the msrp on the trek site (over $1200), it is a fabulous deal, but hybrid bikes seem not to hold their value as well as road bikes. i suppose it is because there are only a select few willing to spend that kinda cash on a commuter bike. i guess mainly what i'm asking is if the 7700 is worth its salt. how much could the bike bring in case i am not happy with it and choose to go with a road bike? thanks :)
I would pass.

If you want to go road biking then you should get a road bike.

I know I haven't been much help but hybrids are unique and really do not cross the spectrum well. They aren't that great for the road nor are they great for off-road. Therefore, they don't do well what they were intended to do - cross the road/mountain bike spectrum.

Rob

cds01 said:
anyone? it's kind of an emergency...
Hi,

I looked up the specs'. The bike looks good. I have used my hybred for touring and general road riding. And the one your looking at is better equiped then the one I have. If you are planing on getting serious about riding then I would agree go get a road bike.

Check out the reviews on this link:

I like the bike myself for the price. US or Canadian funds.Your are right they do not resale well. But at that price.....