Quad Cities weekend

gee.bike

Feb 9, 2005
anyone heading out to do snake alley, melon city, and quad cities over memorial day weekend.

i 'll be there.

I live in Davenport, so i'm doing all four days...right now it's sunday morning, and i'm going down to muscatine in a little bit.

friday night i got caught behind a crash on the top of the hill before the finish so i wasn't able to sprint, but my teammate, Greg from DICE, won the Cat 4/5 race.

Sat...holy ****...the snake hurts! Anyone who doesn't know what that is...Snake Alley is in Burlington Iowa and is a 12.5% average grade on bricks with switchbacks for one block...it hurts sooooooooooooooooo much!

I ended up 9th in the Cat 4 race for that.

if you read this in time, for today or tomorrow you should try to find me...hope to see you at the races.

i saw you during the cat 1/2 race...being called up to the front of the pack before the start...pretty sweet!

dice2833 said:
i saw you during the cat 1/2 race...being called up to the front of the pack before the start...pretty sweet!

yeah, how did you know that was me.

did you do the juniors race, i might of lined up right behind you.

those were awesome races, wel organized, and lots of people.

Can't do the junior races (i'm 18 now, but turn 19 in november...stupid rules).

i raced in the cat 4 races all weekend...today's raced sucked for me. i set up TERRIBLE for the last lap...i was too far from the front of the pack to be able to do anything. on one of the laps a *** guy broke away and i chased him down and still kept a gap behind me, but the other guy sat up when i caught him and wasn't going to try to stay away...ugh!

that cat 1/2 race was pretty sweet...jensen was on fire all weekend (won burlington, 2nd at snake, and 1st at q-c...what a weekend!)

dice2833 said:
Can't do the junior races (i'm 18 now, but turn 19 in november...stupid rules).

i raced in the cat 4 races all weekend...today's raced sucked for me. i set up TERRIBLE for the last lap...i was too far from the front of the pack to be able to do anything. on one of the laps a *** guy broke away and i chased him down and still kept a gap behind me, but the other guy sat up when i caught him and wasn't going to try to stay away...ugh!

that cat 1/2 race was pretty sweet...jensen was on fire all weekend (won burlington, 2nd at snake, and 1st at q-c...what a weekend!)
jensen was riding pretty good. i wish i would have made that break with him.

the 1,2 race wasn't hard, but it was very fast, on the last lap when things started to get sketchy i just sat up, i didn't want to crash, very good race though.

melon city was a little better for me, i got top 10, but i felt like i could have had top 3, maybe next year.