Road Cycling · Public discussion

Question about Phil and Paul's commentary

Started by C.M. Burns · · Last activity · 11 posts · 391 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
13 July 2005
Last activity
14 July 2005
Original author
C.M. Burns
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
391
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quite often, you can catch Phil go on an extended "solo" commentary
    run while off in the background you can just hear Paul making his own
    commentary for what I can only guess is for some other broadcast.

    Anybody know what Paul's other job is?

  2. On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:15:11 GMT, C.M. Burns <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Quite often, you can catch Phil go on an extended "solo" commentary
    run while off in the background you can just hear Paul making his own
    commentary for what I can only guess is for some other broadcast.

    Anybody know what Paul's other job is?

    Taking orders at the drive-through window at Wendy's?

    MT

  3. C.M. Burns said:

    Quite often, you can catch Phil go on an extended "solo" commentary
    run while off in the background you can just hear Paul making his own
    commentary for what I can only guess is for some other broadcast.

    Anybody know what Paul's other job is?

    Possibly for WCP. If you watch the 2003 TdF DVD during Beloki's crash,
    the commentary is Paul, not Phil, who covered it during the OLN broadcast.

    It sounds like a heck of a trick, two guys giving commentary for two
    feeds at once, sometimes for each feed exclusively.

    --
    --
    Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall

    Conservative dictionary:
    Judicial Activist: n. A judge who tends to rule against your wishes.

  4. On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:18:05 -0600, Raptor <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    C.M. Burns said:

    Quite often, you can catch Phil go on an extended "solo" commentary
    run while off in the background you can just hear Paul making his own
    commentary for what I can only guess is for some other broadcast.

    Anybody know what Paul's other job is?

    Possibly for WCP. If you watch the 2003 TdF DVD during Beloki's crash,
    the commentary is Paul, not Phil, who covered it during the OLN broadcast.

    It sounds like a heck of a trick, two guys giving commentary for two
    feeds at once, sometimes for each feed exclusively.

    --

    I seem to remember that he did the commentary for CBS's "highlight"
    show by himself too.

    But I would have thought that doing commentary over a tape delayed
    viewing would be a little more professional, given some of the obvious
    miss-naming of riders and over exuberance of meaningless attacks that
    tend to dot the live broadcast.

  5. C.M. Burns said:

    Quite often, you can catch Phil go on an extended "solo" commentary
    run while off in the background you can just hear Paul making his own
    commentary for what I can only guess is for some other broadcast.

    Anybody know what Paul's other job is?

    It's the other way round.
    I asked about this here last week.
    It should go in the FAQ, except that nobody knows the answer.

  6. "Stewart Fleming" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    C.M. Burns said:

    Quite often, you can catch Phil go on an extended "solo" commentary
    run while off in the background you can just hear Paul making his own
    commentary for what I can only guess is for some other broadcast. Anybody
    know what Paul's other job is?

    It's the other way round.
    I asked about this here last week.
    It should go in the FAQ, except that nobody knows the answer.

    doesn't he have a gold mine in uganda?
    e-RICHIE©T®

  7. On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:14:32 GMT, C.M. Burns <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:18:05 -0600, Raptor <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    C.M. Burns said:

    Quite often, you can catch Phil go on an extended "solo" commentary
    run while off in the background you can just hear Paul making his own
    commentary for what I can only guess is for some other broadcast.

    Anybody know what Paul's other job is?

    Possibly for WCP. If you watch the 2003 TdF DVD during Beloki's crash,
    the commentary is Paul, not Phil, who covered it during the OLN broadcast.

    It sounds like a heck of a trick, two guys giving commentary for two
    feeds at once, sometimes for each feed exclusively.

    --

    I seem to remember that he did the commentary for CBS's "highlight"
    show by himself too.

    But I would have thought that doing commentary over a tape delayed
    viewing would be a little more professional, given some of the obvious
    miss-naming of riders and over exuberance of meaningless attacks that
    tend to dot the live broadcast.

    Either way it's somewhat annoying.

    It's like the broadcast equivelant of me.

    D

  8. Michael Thomas says...

    Quoted message said:

    C.M. Burns wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Anybody know what Paul's other job is?

    Quoted message said:

    Taking orders at the drive-through window at Wendy's?

    While you're working the grill?

  9. Michael Thomas said:

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:15:11 GMT, C.M. Burns <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Quite often, you can catch Phil go on an extended "solo" commentary
    run while off in the background you can just hear Paul making his own
    commentary for what I can only guess is for some other broadcast.

    Anybody know what Paul's other job is?

    Taking orders at the drive-through window at Wendy's?

    I thought he did tech support at Dell.

    JT

    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  10. Richard Sachs said:


    "Stewart Fleming" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    C.M. Burns said:

    Quite often, you can catch Phil go on an extended "solo" commentary
    run while off in the background you can just hear Paul making his own
    commentary for what I can only guess is for some other broadcast. Anybody
    know what Paul's other job is?

    It's the other way round.
    I asked about this here last week.
    It should go in the FAQ, except that nobody knows the answer.

    doesn't he have a gold mine in uganda?

    Yes.

    JT

    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  11. C.M. Burns said:

    Quite often, you can catch Phil go on an extended "solo" commentary
    run while off in the background you can just hear Paul making his own
    commentary for what I can only guess is for some other broadcast.

    Anybody know what Paul's other job is?

    I'm in the UK and we get the opposite. Paul Comentates while you can
    just hear Phil in the background. I assume that this is due to
    different coverage being needed at times by ITV in the UK and OLN for
    the States.

    Stan Cox

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.