Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Question for German Riders

Started by T_blood · · Last activity · 25 posts · 1,164 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
15 August 2003
Last activity
22 August 2003
Original author
T_blood
Posts
25
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,164
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–25 of 25
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. ">

    Quoted message said:

    There are plenty of them around here, but they don't much bother me to be honest.

    I have a friend the same way. He can rub them on himself all day and it doesn't really bother him.
    The reaction I get with contact is way worse and apparently different.

  2. T_Blood <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    ">

    Quoted message said:

    There are plenty of them around here, but they don't much bother me to


    be

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    honest.

    I have a friend the same way. He can rub them on himself all day and it doesn't really bother him.
    The reaction I get with contact is way worse


    and

    Quoted message said:

    apparently different.

    Yeah, it's probably that you have a sensitivity to them. Same with fly bites and some people - Kath
    and I both got bitten heavily by mosquitoes on honeymoon, but my bites never swelled, unlike hers,
    which turned big and red/white very quickly and are still bothering her now.

    Shaun aRe

  3. "bomba" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    T_Blood said:

    Although I believe the riding in Germany is good, one thing I cannot


    stand

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is that damn plant that burns the hell out of you when you touch it.


    I can't

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    recall the proper name of it right now. On some rides I hit so many


    that I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    itch for many hours after. Does anyone have any remedy to the


    burning and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    later itching from these plants?

    When I see thick weeds touching the trails I ride I prepair myself


    for a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    burn there is almost always at least one in them. Sort of takes the


    fun away

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    at times.

    If it's nettles, stop being a big girl. Just leave them alone and


    they

    Quoted message said:

    won't cause any irritation.

  4. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If it's nettles, stop being a big girl. Just leave them alone and


    they

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    won't cause any irritation.

    Those stings come up in white blisters, sometimes the full length of my arms and legs. I use Dock
    leaves, but I dont wait for the juices I just use the leaf to rub and rub until it disintegrates.
    Then I rub in another. Then I coat calamine lotion over it when I get home. 24 hours later every
    blister is still there and stinging. I guess I'm allergic to them, as well as Scottish midges. Mike

  5. "Taywood" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If it's nettles, stop being a big girl. Just leave them alone and


    they

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    won't cause any irritation.

    Those stings come up in white blisters, sometimes the full length of my arms and legs. I use Dock
    leaves, but I dont wait for the juices I just use the leaf to rub and rub until it disintegrates.
    Then I rub in another. Then I coat calamine lotion over it when I get home. 24 hours later every
    blister is still there and stinging. I guess I'm allergic to them, as well as Scottish midges.

    *I* knew a Scottish midget once. Broke my heart.

    Bill "but she didn't give me blisters at least" S.

    (Just in from a {shhh!} road ride and this was the first post I saw. What's your excuse?)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.