General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Question for Mozz:

Started by M. Schwartz · · Last activity · 78 posts · 1,263 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
21 September 2003
Last activity
26 September 2003
Original author
M. Schwartz
Posts
78
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,263
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 78
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:52:54 -0400, Bob Pastorio <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Yet you irredeemably imply

    Until you answer the questions regarding your quad bypass, your
    smoking, your obesity and why, with all the information known to you,
    by your own admission, you nearly killed yourself with a lousy diet,
    gluttony, excesses and no exercise, you can keep your hands off your
    keyboard and in your pants.

    It will be the only thing you will have left to play with, Cheffie.
    I'm no longer interested in your pitiful TROLLING and useless
    demagoguery.

  2. On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:47:05 -0400, Bob Pastorio <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    The rabid fundamentalist says...

    Until you answer the questions regarding your quad bypass, your
    smoking, your obesity and why, with all the information known to you,
    by your own admission, you nearly killed yourself with a lousy diet,
    gluttony, excesses and no exercise, you can keep your hands off your
    keyboard and in your pants.

    It will be the only thing you will have left to play with, Cheffie.
    I'm no longer interested in your pitiful TROLLING and useless
    demagoguery.

  3. (M. Schwartz) said:

    To say whatever happens is God's will and then to say God does no evil
    is not logical.

    That's the crux of your Pride and your problem. God must fit your
    criteria not His.

    God is not logical and does not "think" in the same terms you and I
    do.

  4. On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:26:29 -0400, Bob Pastorio <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Do you never stop your trolling malice?

    Until you answer the questions regarding your quad bypass, your
    smoking, your obesity and why, with all the information known to you,
    by your own admission, you nearly killed yourself with a lousy diet,
    gluttony, excesses and no exercise, you can keep your hands off your
    keyboard and in your pants.

    It will be the only thing you will have left to play with, Cheffie.
    I'm no longer interested in your pitiful TROLLING and useless
    demagoguery.

  5. On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:56:54 -0400, Mu_nstruck <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 01:22:45 -0400, Bob Pastorio <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    The very idea that the substance,

    Until you answer the questions regarding your quad bypass, your
    smoking, your obesity and why, with all the information known to you,
    by your own admission, you nearly killed yourself with a lousy diet,
    gluttony, excesses and no exercise, you can keep your hands off your
    keyboard and in your pants.

    It will be the only thing you will have left to play with, Cheffie.
    I'm no longer interested in your pitiful TROLLING and useless
    demagoguery.

    Are you 'really' a practicing Christian?
    Your vitriolic outburst here and in other posts betrays an incredible
    amount of hatred, intolerance and lack of manners.
    Do you not choose to love thy neighbour as thyself?
    Or indeed turn the other cheek?
    Have you heard of 'do not judge?'

    Respectfully dumbfounded!

    Mozz x


  6. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'll trust God and my Faith and not my interpretation of "theology" as
    temporal as human thought is.

    I'm sorry to break it to you, but your understanding of Faith in God
    is a theological interpretation.

    Only to you.

    errr.....no, it is a fact that your understanding of faith in God is a
    theological interpretation, whether you dispute it or not.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Why is it that we, as mere mortals, believe, for one instance, that we
    have any clue whatsoever of God?

    Quite right! Why do we even need to conjure a creator deity in the
    first place? Silly really isn't it.

    God is not conjured.

    God can only be 'believed' in. You cannot 'prove' God, or take me to
    visit 'Him' etc...therefore you do conjure him, perhaps a better word
    would be 'project'. You project God (usually quite unconsciously) onto
    the Universe.
    That's not to say your personal 'experience' of God is any less valid
    for you.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Gandhi may reside in Hell.

    I will be in excellent company then!

    There is no excellent company in Hell.

    Well, Gandhi's fantastic company for a start! Did you know he was a
    pacifist?

    Respectfully loving his christian neighbour,
    Mozz x

  7. Mozz said:
    Quoted message said:

    Only to you.

    errr.....no, it is a fact that your understanding of faith in God is a
    theological interpretation, whether you dispute it or not.

    That is your interpretation, not mine.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    God is not conjured.

    God can only be 'believed' in. You cannot 'prove' God, or take me to
    visit 'Him' etc...therefore you do conjure him, perhaps a better word
    would be 'project'. You project God (usually quite unconsciously) onto
    the Universe.

    I don't project HIm, I believe in Him. I believe He is as real as this
    thread and I certainly do not project this thread.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Gandhi may reside in Hell.

    I will be in excellent company then!

    There is no excellent company in Hell.

    Well, Gandhi's fantastic company for a start! Did you know he was a
    pacifist?

    I know that the Ghandis did not believe in christ. By His own
    definitions, they are doomed to Hell.

    Quoted message said:

    Respectfully loving his christian neighbour,
    Mozz x

    Perhaps. We shall see.

  8. On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:39:57 -0400, Mu_nstruck <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Mozz said:
    Quoted message said:

    Only to you.

    errr.....no, it is a fact that your understanding of faith in God is a
    theological interpretation, whether you dispute it or not.

    That is your interpretation, not mine.

    Ok, we agree to disagree in the spirit of peace.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    God is not conjured.

    God can only be 'believed' in. You cannot 'prove' God, or take me to
    visit 'Him' etc...therefore you do conjure him, perhaps a better word
    would be 'project'. You project God (usually quite unconsciously) onto
    the Universe.

    I don't project HIm, I believe in Him. I believe He is as real as this
    thread and I certainly do not project this thread.

    You can directly show anyone this thread, prove this thread exists.
    Unfortunately for you, you cannot do the same for God.
    I'm sorry, but you do project your belief in God.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>Gandhi may reside in Hell.
    >
    >I will be in excellent company then!

    There is no excellent company in Hell.

    Well, Gandhi's fantastic company for a start! Did you know he was a
    pacifist?

    I know that the Ghandis did not believe in christ. By His own
    definitions, they are doomed to Hell.

    Well in that case you had better watch out yourself, some of your
    recent posts to others on this newsgroup have been far from the
    command 'Love thy neighbour as thyself' or the command to 'turn the
    other cheek' or the command 'do not judge others' etc etc
    You may well end up eating REALLY hot curries with Gandhi and
    myself!!!

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Respectfully loving his christian neighbour,
    Mozz x

    Perhaps. We shall see.

    What shall we see?

    Mozz x

  9. On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:11:08 +0100, Mozz wrote:

    (Stuff from mu/roose deleted)

    Quoted message said:

    Are you 'really' a practicing Christian?
    Your vitriolic outburst here and in other posts betrays an incredible
    amount of hatred, intolerance and lack of manners.
    Do you not choose to love thy neighbour as thyself?
    Or indeed turn the other cheek?
    Have you heard of 'do not judge?'

    He *is* a curious one, isn't he? What's more, Chung is friends with this
    guy; actually supports him. I can't imagine how a holy man like Chung would
    have anything to do with mu/roose, given his very un-Christian-like
    behavior.

  10. Fencer said:

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:11:08 +0100, Mozz wrote:

    (Stuff from mu/roose deleted)

    Quoted message said:

    Are you 'really' a practicing Christian?
    Your vitriolic outburst here and in other posts betrays an incredible
    amount of hatred, intolerance and lack of manners.
    Do you not choose to love thy neighbour as thyself?
    Or indeed turn the other cheek?
    Have you heard of 'do not judge?'

    He *is* a curious one, isn't he? What's more, Chung is friends with this
    guy; actually supports him. I can't imagine how a holy man like Chung would
    have anything to do with mu/roose, given his very un-Christian-like
    behavior.

    Perhaps it is ok for them to not act in a truly Christian manner
    seeing as everything is God's will. They can't help themselves.

    Or am I misunderstanding Andrew's version of the Truth?

  11. Mozz said:
    Fencer said:

    He *is* a curious one, isn't he? What's more, Chung is friends with this
    guy; actually supports him. I can't imagine how a holy man like Chung would
    have anything to do with mu/roose, given his very un-Christian-like
    behavior.

    Perhaps it is ok for them to not act in a truly Christian manner
    seeing as everything is God's will. They can't help themselves.

    Or am I misunderstanding Andrew's version of the Truth?

    I fear poor Andrew has hoisted himself on his own petard with his liar
    argument.

    Actually, I saw a post a while back (sorry I don't remember much about the
    details otherwise I could look it up in Google) where Chung seems to imply
    that it is OK to attack anyone who is not a Christian. He and someone else
    were quoting scriptures and Chung mentioned something about his own kind,
    or his brothers, or some such. It was both enlightening and disturbing.

    Speaking of which, I have enjoyed reading your clear arguments. Where Chung
    and his little buddy failed, *you* may yet point me toward the path of
    enlightenment. :-)

  12. On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:43:43 -0400, Fencer wrote
    (in message <[email hidden]>😉:

    Quoted message said:

    Speaking of which, I have enjoyed reading your clear arguments. Where Chung
    and his little buddy failed, *you* may yet point me toward the path of
    enlightenment. :-)

    Heh, heh. Are you familiar with the phrase "Fat Chance" :-)

    Steve

  13. Mozz said:

    Perhaps it is ok for them to not act in a truly Christian manner
    seeing as everything is God's will. They can't help themselves.

    When you become a perfect Buddhist, then I will pay attention to your
    judgments.

    Until then, you have your god, I have mine and the only real concerns
    I have are between Him and me.

  14. Mu_nstruck said:
    Mozz said:

    Perhaps it is ok for them to not act in a truly Christian manner
    seeing as everything is God's will. They can't help themselves.

    When you become a perfect Buddhist, then I will pay attention to your
    judgments.

    You mean the same way you pay attention to Chung because he's a perfect
    Christian?

    Quoted message said:

    Until then, you have your god, I have mine and the only real concerns
    I have are between Him and me.

    Yeah, but you'll still go on spouting nonsense to anyone who will read your
    posts.

  15. Mozz said:
    Quoted message said:

    I don't project HIm, I believe in Him. I believe He is as real as this
    thread and I certainly do not project this thread.

    You can directly show anyone this thread, prove this thread exists.
    Unfortunately for you, you cannot do the same for God.

    Depends on your definition of proof. I have all the proof I need. None
    to little of which you would be able to comprehend since you have no
    Faith in Christ.

    MOF, the fact that there is no worldly, incontrovertible evidence, the
    kind you need and does not exist, is part of the great Mystery that I
    enjoy about my God.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I know that the Ghandis did not believe in christ. By His own
    definitions, they are doomed to Hell.

    Well in that case you had better watch out yourself, some of your
    recent posts to others on this newsgroup have been far from the
    command 'Love thy neighbour as thyself' or the command to 'turn the
    other cheek' or the command 'do not judge others' etc etc.

    You don't need to concern yourself with my salvation and you should
    know that salvation comes form faith not good or bad deeds.

    Id salvation was won by effort, no one would gain it.

    Quoted message said:

    You may well end up eating REALLY hot curries with Gandhi and
    myself!!!

    Not a chance.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Respectfully loving his christian neighbour,
    Mozz x

    Perhaps. We shall see.

    What shall we see?

    How much love you really have.

  16. Mu_nstruck said:

    Depends on your definition of proof. I have all the proof I need. None
    to little of which you would be able to comprehend since you have no
    Faith in Christ.

    Faith and proof are mutually exclusive.

    Quoted message said:

    MOF, the fact that there is no worldly, incontrovertible evidence, the
    kind you need and does not exist, is part of the great Mystery that I
    enjoy about my God.

    Yes, you seem to enjoy things that don't exist or that you don't
    understand.

    Quoted message said:

    You don't need to concern yourself with my salvation and you should
    know that salvation comes form faith not good or bad deeds.

    You mean you can do all the bad deeds you want and still achieve salvation
    through faith? No wonder you act the way you do.

    Quoted message said:

    Id salvation was won by effort, no one would gain it.

    Ah, pre-destiny! So much for Chung's free-will argument. I guess he was
    lying ... or are *you* the liar?


  17. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I don't project HIm, I believe in Him. I believe He is as real as this
    thread and I certainly do not project this thread.

    You can directly show anyone this thread, prove this thread exists.
    Unfortunately for you, you cannot do the same for God.

    Depends on your definition of proof. I have all the proof I need. None
    to little of which you would be able to comprehend since you have no
    Faith in Christ.

    Proof denies Faith, and without Faith God is nothing.
    You are correct. I have no Faith in your interpretation of the Word.

    Quoted message said:


    MOF, the fact that there is no worldly, incontrovertible evidence, the
    kind you need and does not exist, is part of the great Mystery that I
    enjoy about my God.

    You must also enjoy the lack of worldly incontrovertable evidence and
    great Mystery of Santa Claus? The tooth fairy? Big Foot? Flying
    Saucers? Alien Abductions? Ghosts (Holy or otherwise)? Faith Healers?
    WMD in Iraq? The legitimacy of the Bush administration's election?
    oops.......maybe I'm getting too close to the truth here.... ;-)

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I know that the Ghandis did not believe in christ. By His own
    definitions, they are doomed to Hell.

    Well in that case you had better watch out yourself, some of your
    recent posts to others on this newsgroup have been far from the
    command 'Love thy neighbour as thyself' or the command to 'turn the
    other cheek' or the command 'do not judge others' etc etc.

    You don't need to concern yourself with my salvation and you should
    know that salvation comes form faith not good or bad deeds.

    Are you seriously saying, as a practicing Christian, that your good or
    bad deeds are irrelevant to your personal salvation?

    Quoted message said:


    Id salvation was won by effort, no one would gain it.

    I thought the Christian party line was that at the day of judgement,
    after the shiny trumpets are tooted and the angels flap down with
    their lamps etc you will be judged by the Lord? He will look into the
    heart's of men (like a spiritual cardiologist!!! - that's a lil joke
    ok...) and if you have been a naughty boy and upset people on
    newsgroups rather than love them and turn the other cheek etc...or you
    have been a bad representative of Christ, you will have to account for
    your sins???

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    You may well end up eating REALLY hot curries with Gandhi and
    myself!!!

    Not a chance.

    Careful!!! God is listening!!! That sounds like the sin of hubris!!!
    (False Pride)....Careful.....

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Respectfully loving his christian neighbour,
    >Mozz x

    Perhaps. We shall see.

    What shall we see?

    How much love you really have.

    Oodles and oodles....which is why I want to help you by pointing out
    your mistakes....

    Loving you dharmically.......

    Mozz x

  18. Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Perhaps it is ok for them to not act in a truly Christian manner
    seeing as everything is God's will. They can't help themselves.

    When you become a perfect Buddhist, then I will pay attention to your
    judgments.

    Why will you only pay attention to someone when they are 'perfect'?
    Did Jesus only entertain 'perfect' people or did he take every manner
    of person into his confidence?
    It is not for me to judge you - I merely ask you if you are behaving
    contrary to Christ's commandments.

    Quoted message said:

    Until then, you have your god, I have mine and the only real concerns
    I have are between Him and me.

    I have no God. I do not believe in a God.
    Perhaps it was God's Will that I be sent to question you?

    Love
    Mozz x

  19. Mu_nstruck said:
    Mozz said:
    Quoted message said:

    Only to you.

    errr.....no, it is a fact that your understanding of faith in God is a
    theological interpretation, whether you dispute it or not.

    That is your interpretation, not mine.

    You don't understand the idea being advanced here. *Any* concept of
    *any* faith in God is, by definition, a theological interpretation.
    The word comes from Greek, "theos" (transliterated to Latin as Deus)
    and "logos" (into English as "ology."😉 They mean "God" and "study,"
    respectively. Theology is the study of God. And the study entails and
    demands interpretations since it all happens through transmitted ideas.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    God is not conjured.

    God can only be 'believed' in. You cannot 'prove' God, or take me to
    visit 'Him' etc...therefore you do conjure him, perhaps a better word
    would be 'project'. You project God (usually quite unconsciously) onto
    the Universe.

    I don't project Him, I believe in Him.

    Um, you just repeated the above. The difference is that you don't
    understand what this means, either.

    Quoted message said:

    I believe He is as real as this
    thread and I certainly do not project this thread.

    You also don't understand what "project" in this context means, either.

    You're way, way over your head here, Mu_cus. You believe like children
    believe in the tooth fairy. No good reason for it, it just is. Easter
    bunny. Mario.

    Have you ever actually read the Bible or do you just look at the
    pictures? I bet you rented the movie, right?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>Gandhi may reside in Hell.
    >
    >I will be in excellent company then!

    There is no excellent company in Hell.

    Well, Gandhi's fantastic company for a start! Did you know he was a
    pacifist?

    I know that the Ghandis did not believe in christ. By His own
    definitions, they are doomed to Hell.

    Quoted message said:

    Respectfully loving his christian neighbour,
    Mozz x

    Perhaps. We shall see.

    You make it sound like you're, like, um, management in the celestial
    sphere or something. Trained any, er, angels lately?

    Pastorio

  20. Mu_nstruck said:

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 01:22:45 -0400, Bob Pastorio <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    The very idea that the substance,

    Until you answer the questions regarding your quad bypass, your
    smoking, your obesity and why, with all the information known to you,
    by your own admission, you nearly killed yourself with a lousy diet,
    gluttony, excesses and no exercise, you can keep your hands off your
    keyboard and in your pants.

    You keep saying this thing about my pants. I wonder why you're so
    interested.

    Quoted message said:

    It will be the only thing you will have left to play with, Cheffie.
    I'm no longer interested in your pitiful TROLLING and useless
    demagoguery.

    What you're interested in has no value to me and, if the scores of
    posts that smash you are any indication, not to very many others,
    either. I'm not writing to you, [censored], but to anyone reading these
    notes. Your opinion is already established as shallow, self-serving,
    unintelligent, cowardly, fraudulent, sanctimonious, trolling,
    spamming, crossposting, braggardly, empty. There's more bad news, but
    why bother. It's only you.

    Those questions about why you need several cardiologists for you and
    your family, why you went to Chung for something other than a
    cardiological question and why somebody had to tell you, the big-deal,
    all-knowing, body-wise trainer that you're fat still ring loud,
    fishbone. You claim to be lots of stuff that you daily disprove. You
    prove many things about yourself, too, sadly.

    Your desperate efforts to cancel what I write with your diversionary
    bluster is simply funny. Once you read it, so has everyone else. You'd
    do better to just let it be.

    So tell us more about your experience in Iraq where you talked to
    high-ranking Iraqis in their own native tongues, learned their
    folkdances, and got them to tell you the truth about themselves. Just
    like all POWs do, huh? And not one tried to bribe you for food even
    thought they were getting skinnier by the day. Bribe you... POWs have
    something to bribe anybody with. Right.

    Can you not even see how stupidly uncaring, cruel and inhuman you make
    yourself look? Of course not. You really are "nothing."

    Pastorio

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.