The other day I ran into a fellow rider and he had asked me a very good question. He asks what I use under my helmet to block the sun to keep from leaving sun burn marks on his head. He had a shaved head like me. What recommendations you have for us no hair guys to go under are helmets? 🙂
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Question for us no hair guy's
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 10 August 2006
- Last activity
- 11 August 2006
- Original author
- kmaultsby
- Posts
- 7
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,283
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
kmaultsby said:
The other day I ran into a fellow rider and he had asked me a very good question. He asks what I use under my helmet to block the sun to keep from leaving sun burn marks on his head. He had a shaved head like me. What recommendations you have for us no hair guys to go under are helmets? 🙂
Do-Rag. It absorbs the sweat and also prevents burning of the scalp. -
Do-wrag. I have ware one and i have hair but not much of it.
-
I use the CoolMax (classic or shorty) versions of Headsweats ( headsweats.comheadsweats.comOpen ↗ ). Really just a glorified do-rag, but I find that they do a bit better job of wicking the sweat and keeping it out of my eyes than cotton. I usually try to pick up a couple when I see them at good sale prices (like 50%) at Nashbar, Performance, Cambria etc.
Bald spot? No, that's not a bald spot, I just like to shave that one place on the top of my head, really!:p
-
Some of us fellows like to keep our hair pretty short and we can get sunburnt scalps as well....I suppose I could use a bandana under the helmet, but in the heat, I need airflow !! may give it a try this summer (only 3 months to go!!)
-
kmaultsby said:
The other day I ran into a fellow rider and he had asked me a very good question. He asks what I use under my helmet to block the sun to keep from leaving sun burn marks on his head. He had a shaved head like me. What recommendations you have for us no hair guys to go under are helmets? 🙂
Sunscreen.
-
roshea said:
Sunscreen.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek:
I tried that once and imagine my agony as sweat & sunscreen ran into my eyes.....
If you think sweat by itself is bad, just add sunscreen to it.
I use a cycling bandana, keeps sweat out of eyes & off glasses & I do not get any sunburn anylonger thru helmet holes.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.