Races worth entering

Hi My fafourite race is the Cape ARGUS Cycle Tour run in Cape Town South Africa (www.cycletour.co.za) in March every year. It is the largets electronic timed event in the world with 30 000 plus cyclists taking part. A large part of the race is on the Cape of Good Hope penisula with some of the most breathtaking scenery ever. The whole city of Cape Town "shuts down" for the day with masses of citizens supporting cyclists on route. In short AN AMAZING RACE!!!!!!

32000 entries was sold out in 63 hours flat this year.!!!!!!

Keep those wheels spinning !!!!!!!!

Big H

Hi Brett 147,

IMO I agree with Big_H that the Argus is one of them, but also the 94.7 (Except for those hills). I especially like the full road closure. I'm also doing the Hyper to Hyper in Jan, but I will still have to see if that one is nice.

Any race is a favourite. Even the race during a training ride to the "next speed sign" or the race home from a particular spot. Any race at all.

Agree, Argus and 94.7 is also top of my list. Don't forget about the Tour Durban and Amashovashova. They are well organised, Gautengers perform better at sea level + it's a nice weekend away.

Originally posted by big_h
Hi My fafourite race is the Cape ARGUS Cycle Tour run in Cape Town South Africa (www.cycletour.co.za) in March every year. It is the largets electronic timed event in the world with 30 000 plus cyclists taking part. A large part of the race is on the Cape of Good Hope penisula with some of the most breathtaking scenery ever. The whole city of Cape Town "shuts down" for the day with masses of citizens supporting cyclists on route. In short AN AMAZING RACE!!!!!!

32000 entries was sold out in 63 hours flat this year.!!!!!!

Keep those wheels spinning !!!!!!!!

Big H

the argus is definately the most well organised race considering the number of riders.my favourite race is the kremetart in louis trichart,180km 3 stage one day race,about 1500 riders.
1 week to the 94.7,been trying to shake the flu,no training this past week.
those of you riding,enjoy!
regards
brett147