frenchyge said:That would be the way to make it a good workout, but then why pay the entry fee and take the extra time to enter the race when I can ride 40 into the wind straight from my doorstep and get a good workout in the evening after work. The only time I'm going to pay the entry fee and take the time to travel to a race is when I want to compete and beat the others, or help a teammate do so.
I'm not saying that one can't get a good workout while racing, but why enter a race if you're only wanting a good workout?
For me, many races are simply fun and is what I enjoy doing but it is always done in the context of a training programme. A great example is the weekly evening track racing at my velodrome.
Races are pretty much the only bunch rides I do.
Wish I could do some now🙁