General fitness, health and nutrition ยท Public discussion

rafl down under here is nice

Started by Lesanne ยท ยท Last activity ยท 72 posts ยท 1,252 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
6 March 2004
Last activity
11 March 2004
Original author
Lesanne
Posts
72
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,252
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21โ€“40 of 72
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Lesanne said:

    well even with clothes and everything, and the WW scale
    which is a pound heavier than mine, thanks to all those
    dried mangos he ate, I am under Fred
    ๐Ÿ™‚.

    Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my goal
    at WW to 159, just to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    365/158.8/159

    Congrats on the good weigh in Lesanne!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/201/155 RAFL 210.5/201/198.5 2nd 10% 219.5/201/198

  2. the right side of course, Lee, smiles knowingly
    Fred <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hey, whose side are you on? (G)

    Joyce said:

    LOL! I love you changing your goal ... give ol' Fred just
    one more thing


    to shake

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    his head over. <g>

    Congrats on the loss, maintain, whatever ... you are
    doing fantastic with maintenance and that's what matters.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    well even with clothes and everything, and the WW scale
    which is a pound heavier than mine, thanks to all those
    dried mangos he ate, I am under


    Fred

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ๐Ÿ™‚.

    Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my goal
    at WW to 159,


    just

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    365/158.8/159


  3. Free is good and where you want to be. Guess it doesn't
    matter how confusing it is, as long as YOU know where you
    are supposed to be. And I suppose changing that goal in your
    ww book is a double edged sword. Yes, you could have left it
    alone and had more room to remain free. I also wonder
    though, if by keeping it higher we play a little mind game
    with ourselves and maybe not be as strict? It making it the
    lower number works for you, and keeps you where you want to
    be, then by all means ... KEEP IT THERE!

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    As far as the WW "book" goes I lost a half a pound. On my
    scale it was a maintain.... It is so messed up now even a
    master accountant couldn't figure it out. My old WW goal
    was 164, and now it is 159. So I am still Free, which is
    what is important.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    LOL! I love you changing your goal ... give ol' Fred just
    one more thing


    to shake

    Quoted message said:

    his head over. <g>

    Congrats on the loss, maintain, whatever ... you are
    doing fantastic with maintenance and that's what matters.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    well even with clothes and everything, and the WW scale
    which is a pound heavier than mine, thanks to all those
    dried mangos he ate, I am under


    Fred

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ๐Ÿ™‚.

    Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my goal
    at WW to 159,


    just

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    365/158.8/159


  4. Us gals gotta stick together. <G>

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    Hey, whose side are you on? (G)

    Joyce said:

    LOL! I love you changing your goal ... give ol' Fred just
    one more thing to shake his head over. <g>

    Congrats on the loss, maintain, whatever ... you are doing
    fantastic with maintenance and that's what matters.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    well even with clothes and everything, and the WW scale
    which is a pound heavier than mine, thanks to all those
    dried mangos he ate, I am under Fred
    ๐Ÿ™‚.

    Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my goal
    at WW to 159, just to give Fred something to gripe
    about.)
    365/158.8/159


  5. Yeah. That is me. Change whatever all the time ๐Ÿ™‚

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Change rules, change goals, just like a woman. Does
    anything she wants, anytime she wants, any way she wants.

    Congrats on whatever anyway (G)

    Hopefully, this week's exercise will help = we shall see

    Lesanne said:

    well even with clothes and everything, and the WW scale
    which is a pound heavier than mine, thanks to all those
    dried mangos he ate, I am under


    Fred

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ๐Ÿ™‚.

    Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my goal
    at WW to 159,


    just

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    365/158.8/159

  6. backatcha sis

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    *evil laugh* Hi-fives her evil sister... Lee Lesanne
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    well even with clothes and everything, and the WW scale
    which is a pound heavier than mine, thanks to all those
    dried mangos he ate, I am under


    Fred

    Quoted message said:

    ๐Ÿ™‚.

    Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my goal
    at WW to 159,


    just

    Quoted message said:

    to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    365/158.8/159


  7. Mine?

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hey, whose side are you on? (G)

    Joyce said:

    LOL! I love you changing your goal ... give ol' Fred just
    one more thing


    to shake

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    his head over. <g>

    Congrats on the loss, maintain, whatever ... you are
    doing fantastic with maintenance and that's what matters.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    well even with clothes and everything, and the WW scale
    which is a pound heavier than mine, thanks to all those
    dried mangos he ate, I am under


    Fred

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ๐Ÿ™‚.

    Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my goal
    at WW to 159,


    just

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    365/158.8/159


  8. Mine?

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hey, whose side are you on? (G)

    Joyce said:

    LOL! I love you changing your goal ... give ol' Fred just
    one more thing


    to shake

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    his head over. <g>

    Congrats on the loss, maintain, whatever ... you are
    doing fantastic with maintenance and that's what matters.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    well even with clothes and everything, and the WW scale
    which is a pound heavier than mine, thanks to all those
    dried mangos he ate, I am under


    Fred

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ๐Ÿ™‚.

    Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my goal
    at WW to 159,


    just

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    365/158.8/159


  9. Hey, Keep Smiling ๐Ÿ™‚)))

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Oh, this is a pretty picture. Thanks for the details (G)

    Brenda Hammond said:

    Woohoo! Still under Fred! I gotta *see* that, or maybe I
    don't......

    Fred, just you wait until there are a few more of us
    under you.....we're getting there....

    Brenda

    "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    well even with clothes and everything, and the WW scale
    which is a


    pound

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    heavier than mine, thanks to all those dried mangos he
    ate, I am under


    Fred

    Quoted message said:

    ๐Ÿ™‚.

    Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my
    goal at WW to 159,


    just

    Quoted message said:

    to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    365/158.8/159

  10. Hey, Keep Smiling ๐Ÿ™‚)))

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Oh, this is a pretty picture. Thanks for the details (G)

    Brenda Hammond said:

    Woohoo! Still under Fred! I gotta *see* that, or maybe I
    don't......

    Fred, just you wait until there are a few more of us
    under you.....we're getting there....

    Brenda

    "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    well even with clothes and everything, and the WW scale
    which is a


    pound

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    heavier than mine, thanks to all those dried mangos he
    ate, I am under


    Fred

    Quoted message said:

    ๐Ÿ™‚.

    Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my
    goal at WW to 159,


    just

    Quoted message said:

    to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    365/158.8/159

  11. I don't want to go over 160 ever again, so having the WW goal at 164 was a
    little too loose for me ๐Ÿ™‚

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Free is good and where you want to be. Guess it doesn't
    matter how


    confusing it

    Quoted message said:

    is, as long as YOU know where you are supposed to be. And
    I suppose


    changing that

    Quoted message said:

    goal in your ww book is a double edged sword. Yes, you
    could have left it


    alone

    Quoted message said:

    and had more room to remain free. I also wonder though, if
    by keeping it


    higher

    Quoted message said:

    we play a little mind game with ourselves and maybe not be
    as strict? It


    making

    Quoted message said:

    it the lower number works for you, and keeps you where you
    want to be,


    then by all

    Quoted message said:

    means ... KEEP IT THERE!

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    As far as the WW "book" goes I lost a half a pound. On my
    scale it was a maintain.... It is so messed up now even a
    master accountant couldn't figure it out. My old WW goal
    was 164, and now it is 159. So I am still Free, which is
    what is important.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    LOL! I love you changing your goal ... give ol' Fred
    just one more


    thing

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to shake

    Quoted message said:

    his head over. <g>

    Congrats on the loss, maintain, whatever ... you are
    doing fantastic


    with

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    maintenance and that's what matters.

    Joyce

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:11:07 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    >well even with clothes and everything, and the WW
    >scale which is a


    pound

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >heavier than mine, thanks to all those dried mangos he
    >ate, I am under


    Fred

    Quoted message said:

    >๐Ÿ™‚.
    >
    >Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my
    >goal at WW to


    159,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    just

    Quoted message said:

    >to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    >365/158.8/159
    >

  12. I don't want to go over 160 ever again, so having the WW goal at 164 was a
    little too loose for me ๐Ÿ™‚

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Free is good and where you want to be. Guess it doesn't
    matter how


    confusing it

    Quoted message said:

    is, as long as YOU know where you are supposed to be. And
    I suppose


    changing that

    Quoted message said:

    goal in your ww book is a double edged sword. Yes, you
    could have left it


    alone

    Quoted message said:

    and had more room to remain free. I also wonder though, if
    by keeping it


    higher

    Quoted message said:

    we play a little mind game with ourselves and maybe not be
    as strict? It


    making

    Quoted message said:

    it the lower number works for you, and keeps you where you
    want to be,


    then by all

    Quoted message said:

    means ... KEEP IT THERE!

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    As far as the WW "book" goes I lost a half a pound. On my
    scale it was a maintain.... It is so messed up now even a
    master accountant couldn't figure it out. My old WW goal
    was 164, and now it is 159. So I am still Free, which is
    what is important.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    LOL! I love you changing your goal ... give ol' Fred
    just one more


    thing

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to shake

    Quoted message said:

    his head over. <g>

    Congrats on the loss, maintain, whatever ... you are
    doing fantastic


    with

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    maintenance and that's what matters.

    Joyce

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:11:07 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    >well even with clothes and everything, and the WW
    >scale which is a


    pound

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >heavier than mine, thanks to all those dried mangos he
    >ate, I am under


    Fred

    Quoted message said:

    >๐Ÿ™‚.
    >
    >Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my
    >goal at WW to


    159,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    just

    Quoted message said:

    >to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    >365/158.8/159
    >

  13. Great point! I probably should change mine down to 135, the
    140 is a bit loose also but I haven't creeped back to that
    point. I'd love to say 130 ... but since I can't seem to
    stay there, I don't think it's realistic. <sigh>

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    I don't want to go over 160 ever again, so having the WW
    goal at 164 was a little too loose for me ๐Ÿ™‚

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Free is good and where you want to be. Guess it doesn't
    matter how


    confusing it

    Quoted message said:

    is, as long as YOU know where you are supposed to be. And
    I suppose


    changing that

    Quoted message said:

    goal in your ww book is a double edged sword. Yes, you
    could have left it


    alone

    Quoted message said:

    and had more room to remain free. I also wonder though,
    if by keeping it


    higher

    Quoted message said:

    we play a little mind game with ourselves and maybe not
    be as strict? It


    making

    Quoted message said:

    it the lower number works for you, and keeps you where
    you want to be,


    then by all

    Quoted message said:

    means ... KEEP IT THERE!

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    As far as the WW "book" goes I lost a half a pound. On
    my scale it was a maintain.... It is so messed up now
    even a master accountant couldn't figure it out. My old
    WW goal was 164, and now it is 159. So I am still Free,
    which is what is important.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > LOL! I love you changing your goal ... give ol' Fred
    > just one more


    thing

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to shake
    > his head over. <g>
    >
    > Congrats on the loss, maintain, whatever ... you are
    > doing fantastic


    with

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > maintenance and that's what matters.
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:11:07 GMT, "Lesanne"
    > <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    > >well even with clothes and everything, and the WW
    > >scale which is a


    pound

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >heavier than mine, thanks to all those dried mangos
    > >he ate, I am under
    Fred
    > >๐Ÿ™‚.
    > >
    > >Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my
    > >goal at WW to


    159,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    just
    > >to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    > >365/158.8/159
    > >
    >


  14. Thank you for just giving her a simple Congrats and not
    caving to her shifty side thoughts and actions! (G)

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 01:01:46 -0500, Connie

    walshclan@nospam_primus.ca said:
    Lesanne said:

    well even with clothes and everything, and the WW scale
    which is a pound heavier than mine, thanks to all those
    dried mangos he ate, I am under Fred
    ๐Ÿ™‚.

    Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my goal
    at WW to 159, just to give Fred something to gripe
    about.)
    365/158.8/159

    Congrats on the good weigh in Lesanne!!

  15. I guess I really had not realized that you changed YOUR
    GOAL. That is a big step. I can see where it provides extra
    encouragement to keep it below 160 but I don't think I'm
    ready to do that. I hope that I can bounce at or below 160
    without forcing the issue with monetary penalties (G)

    While skiing yesterday I did have conversations with
    myself about the weight stuff. I like being "here" but am
    having trouble with the snacking aspects and am not really
    in the mood to fully restart journaling - like how much
    gorp did I have yesterday and what's sort of 1/3 of an
    odwalla bar worth and almost half a Two Point bar?? I
    guess that mid-week, I can journal easier than the
    backcountry outdoor stuff.

    Then musing about meetings and whether I still should
    attend. Then, now this was interesting..... Have I lost a
    bit of interest because I am not getting as many comments,
    meaning, there is no change and no positive reinforcement,
    EXTERNAL reinforcement that is, including at WW where us
    Lifers are on our own. Now I'm just on my own - a "normal"
    thin person!!!!!!!

    Ah, introspective musings on a gray day and a solo ski
    trip..... (G)

    Lesanne said:

    Yeah. That is me. Change whatever all the time ๐Ÿ™‚

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Change rules, change goals, just like a woman. Does
    anything she wants, anytime she wants, any way she wants.

    Congrats on whatever anyway (G)

    Hopefully, this week's exercise will help = we shall see

    Lesanne said:

    well even with clothes and everything, and the WW scale
    which is a pound heavier than mine, thanks to all those
    dried mangos he ate, I am under


    Fred

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ๐Ÿ™‚.

    Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my goal
    at WW to 159,


    just

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    365/158.8/159


  16. LOL Lesanne, you are so _nice_ to Fred. ๐Ÿ™‚ WTG!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/235.4/172

    "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    well even with clothes and everything, and the WW scale
    which is a pound heavier than mine, thanks to all those
    dried mangos he ate, I am under


    Fred

    Quoted message said:

    ๐Ÿ™‚.

    Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my goal
    at WW to 159,


    just

    Quoted message said:

    to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    365/158.8/159

  17. I think these are very dangerous waters. I also am getting a lot less
    attention. And having those "do I need to go to meetings" thoughts. But I
    have a background of steady gains each and every time that I leave the
    meetings entirely. Knowing that I am going to weigh in each month For Free
    is what is keeping me here now. The only thing. I too enjoy eating a bit
    more liberally, but it is the thoughts of the weigh in and the torture it
    will be if I have to take off say 5 pounds for one, that keeps me under
    control enough days of the week to stay under goal. If I were you "normal"
    thin person, I would test that by going once a month for a year or so and
    see how it works ๐Ÿ™‚

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I guess I really had not realized that you changed YOUR
    GOAL. That is a big step. I can see where it provides
    extra encouragement to keep it below 160 but I don't think
    I'm ready to do that. I hope that I can bounce at or below
    160 without forcing the issue with monetary penalties (G)

    While skiing yesterday I did have conversations with
    myself about the weight stuff. I like being "here" but am
    having trouble with the snacking aspects and am not really
    in the mood to fully restart journaling - like how much
    gorp did I have yesterday and what's sort of 1/3 of an
    odwalla bar worth and almost half a Two Point bar?? I
    guess that mid-week, I can journal easier than the
    backcountry outdoor stuff.

    Then musing about meetings and whether I still should
    attend. Then, now this was interesting..... Have I lost a
    bit of interest because I am not getting as many comments,
    meaning, there is no change and no positive reinforcement,
    EXTERNAL reinforcement that is, including at WW where us
    Lifers are on our own. Now I'm just on my own - a "normal"
    thin person!!!!!!!

    Ah, introspective musings on a gray day and a solo ski
    trip..... (G)

    Lesanne said:

    Yeah. That is me. Change whatever all the time ๐Ÿ™‚

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Change rules, change goals, just like a woman. Does
    anything she wants, anytime she wants, any way she
    wants.

    Congrats on whatever anyway (G)

    Hopefully, this week's exercise will help = we
    shall see

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:11:07 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >well even with clothes and everything, and the WW
    >scale which is a


    pound

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >heavier than mine, thanks to all those dried mangos he
    >ate, I am under


    Fred

    Quoted message said:

    >๐Ÿ™‚.
    >
    >Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my
    >goal at WW to


    159,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    just

    Quoted message said:

    >to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    >365/158.8/159
    >

  18. Thanks for the additional feedback.

    Since I still go to meetings weekly, the first step, if I
    even take it, would be to cut that back to monthly or maybe
    even every other week and see how that goes. But for the
    moment, I will continue to go weekly and just wait for
    another vacation or whatever to break it occasionally.

    Lesanne said:

    I think these are very dangerous waters. I also am getting
    a lot less attention. And having those "do I need to go to
    meetings" thoughts. But I have a background of steady gains
    each and every time that I leave the meetings entirely.
    Knowing that I am going to weigh in each month For Free is
    what is keeping me here now. The only thing. I too enjoy
    eating a bit more liberally, but it is the thoughts of the
    weigh in and the torture it will be if I have to take off
    say 5 pounds for one, that keeps me under control enough
    days of the week to stay under goal. If I were you "normal"
    thin person, I would test that by going once a month for a
    year or so and see how it works ๐Ÿ™‚

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I guess I really had not realized that you changed YOUR
    GOAL. That is a big step. I can see where it provides
    extra encouragement to keep it below 160 but I don't
    think I'm ready to do that. I hope that I can bounce at
    or below 160 without forcing the issue with monetary
    penalties (G)

    While skiing yesterday I did have conversations with
    myself about the weight stuff. I like being "here" but am
    having trouble with the snacking aspects and am not
    really in the mood to fully restart journaling - like how
    much gorp did I have yesterday and what's sort of 1/3 of
    an odwalla bar worth and almost half a Two Point bar?? I
    guess that mid-week, I can journal easier than the
    backcountry outdoor stuff.

    Then musing about meetings and whether I still should
    attend. Then, now this was interesting..... Have I lost a
    bit of interest because I am not getting as many
    comments, meaning, there is no change and no positive
    reinforcement, EXTERNAL reinforcement that is, including
    at WW where us Lifers are on our own. Now I'm just on my
    own - a "normal" thin person!!!!!!!

    Ah, introspective musings on a gray day and a solo ski
    trip..... (G)

    Lesanne said:

    Yeah. That is me. Change whatever all the time ๐Ÿ™‚

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Change rules, change goals, just like a woman. Does
    > anything she wants, anytime she wants, any way she
    > wants.
    >
    > Congrats on whatever anyway (G)
    >
    > Hopefully, this week's exercise will help = we
    > shall see
    >
    > On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:11:07 GMT, "Lesanne"
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >well even with clothes and everything, and the WW
    > >scale which is a


    pound

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >heavier than mine, thanks to all those dried mangos
    > >he ate, I am under
    Fred
    > >๐Ÿ™‚.
    > >
    > >Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my
    > >goal at WW to


    159,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    just
    > >to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    > >365/158.8/159
    > >
    >


  19. What a wonderful NSV. I was thinking about this the other day. If I set my
    goal at the top of the WW chart and then decided to move it down that would
    be further success and I would be closer to actually what is right for me.
    If I set it in the middle and find that is too difficult I might view this
    as a "failure" I think it shows very strong confidence to KNOW for SURE
    what your very top limit is and to take all available steps to insure you
    are NOT going there, Lee
    Lesanne <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I don't want to go over 160 ever again, so having the WW
    goal at 164 was a little too loose for me ๐Ÿ™‚

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Free is good and where you want to be. Guess it doesn't
    matter how


    confusing it

    Quoted message said:

    is, as long as YOU know where you are supposed to be.
    And I suppose


    changing that

    Quoted message said:

    goal in your ww book is a double edged sword. Yes, you
    could have left


    it

    Quoted message said:

    alone

    Quoted message said:

    and had more room to remain free. I also wonder though,
    if by keeping


    it

    Quoted message said:

    higher

    Quoted message said:

    we play a little mind game with ourselves and maybe not
    be as strict?


    It

    Quoted message said:

    making

    Quoted message said:

    it the lower number works for you, and keeps you where
    you want to be,


    then by all

    Quoted message said:

    means ... KEEP IT THERE!

    Joyce

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 19:28:26 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    As far as the WW "book" goes I lost a half a pound. On
    my scale it was


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    maintain.... It is so messed up now even a master
    accountant couldn't figure it out. My old WW goal was
    164, and now it is 159. So I am still Free, which is
    what is important.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > LOL! I love you changing your goal ... give ol' Fred
    > just one more


    thing

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to shake
    > his head over. <g>
    >
    > Congrats on the loss, maintain, whatever ... you are
    > doing fantastic


    with

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > maintenance and that's what matters.
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:11:07 GMT, "Lesanne"
    > <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    > >well even with clothes and everything, and the WW
    > >scale which is a


    pound

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >heavier than mine, thanks to all those dried mangos
    > >he ate, I am


    under

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Fred
    > >๐Ÿ™‚.
    > >
    > >Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my
    > >goal at WW to


    159,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    just
    > >to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    > >365/158.8/159
    > >
    >


  20. I felt funny saying that, because you might not have any
    problem at all, I am really relating what I am afraid will
    happen to me if I cut loose. I have those same thoughts. It
    "seems" like a very seductive idea, to just be "normal". I
    don't believe in it any more, not for me. For you, however,
    ??? Only you can tell.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks for the additional feedback.

    Since I still go to meetings weekly, the first step, if I
    even take it, would be to cut that back to monthly or
    maybe even every other week and see how that goes. But for
    the moment, I will continue to go weekly and just wait for
    another vacation or whatever to break it occasionally.

    Lesanne said:

    I think these are very dangerous waters. I also am
    getting a lot less attention. And having those "do I need
    to go to meetings" thoughts. But


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    have a background of steady gains each and every time
    that I leave the meetings entirely. Knowing that I am
    going to weigh in each month For


    Free

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is what is keeping me here now. The only thing. I too
    enjoy eating a


    bit

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    more liberally, but it is the thoughts of the weigh in
    and the torture it will be if I have to take off say 5
    pounds for one, that keeps me under control enough days
    of the week to stay under goal. If I were you


    "normal"

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    thin person, I would test that by going once a month for
    a year or so and see how it works ๐Ÿ™‚

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I guess I really had not realized that you changed YOUR
    GOAL. That is a big step. I can see where it provides
    extra encouragement to keep it below 160 but I don't
    think I'm ready to do that. I hope that I can bounce at
    or below 160 without forcing the issue with monetary
    penalties (G)

    While skiing yesterday I did have conversations with
    myself about the weight stuff. I like being "here" but
    am having trouble with the snacking aspects and am not
    really in the mood to fully restart journaling - like
    how much gorp did I have yesterday and what's sort of
    1/3 of an odwalla bar worth and almost half a Two Point
    bar?? I guess that mid-week, I can journal easier than
    the backcountry outdoor stuff.

    Then musing about meetings and whether I still should
    attend. Then, now this was interesting..... Have I lost
    a bit of interest because I am not getting as many
    comments, meaning, there is no change and no positive
    reinforcement, EXTERNAL reinforcement that is,
    including at WW where us Lifers are on our own. Now I'm
    just on my own - a "normal" thin person!!!!!!!

    Ah, introspective musings on a gray day and a solo ski
    trip..... (G)

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 13:41:01 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Yeah. That is me. Change whatever all the time ๐Ÿ™‚
    >
    >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> Change rules, change goals, just like a woman. Does
    >> anything she wants, anytime she wants, any way she
    >> wants.
    >>
    >> Congrats on whatever anyway (G)
    >>
    >> Hopefully, this week's exercise will help = we shall
    >> see
    >>
    >> On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:11:07 GMT, "Lesanne"
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >well even with clothes and everything, and the WW
    >> >scale which is a


    pound

    Quoted message said:

    >> >heavier than mine, thanks to all those dried mangos
    >> >he ate, I am


    under

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Fred
    >> >๐Ÿ™‚.
    >> >
    >> >Lesanne is a happy camper under goal ( I changed my
    >> >goal at WW to


    159,

    Quoted message said:

    >just
    >> >to give Fred something to gripe about.)
    >> >365/158.8/159
    >> >
    >>
    >

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users ยท 0 guests ยท0 bots ยท0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.