General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

RAFL - Lesanne

Started by Lesanne · · Last activity · 42 posts · 997 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
26 January 2004
Last activity
26 January 2004
Original author
Lesanne
Posts
42
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
997
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–42 of 42
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am pretty much it at my meeting. On occasions another guy shows up and is gone just as soon. I did
    lose faster than some of the women but one who has lost a lot, still loses a pretty good bit each
    week. A few couples have appeared and then the guy is gone. It probably does appear to cater to
    women more and it was awkward at first. Tell him to hang in there.

    Lesanne said:

    He was happy with his losses, but wanted More men around, and was aggravated because WW was
    saying he was losing too fast. So I told him to ignore them, it was a guy thing vs a slower
    losing women thing, and he groaned that there should be more men. He and one other are the only
    men at our meeting.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Oh, okay, I get the ground rules now. Sometimes I have an idea of how things are going but right
    now it is totally up in the air. Unless I really blow things it should be close to a wash - a bit
    up or down. I have been thinking of returning the tub of meringues to the kitchen and trading
    htem for a skinny cow so you can see how it is going.

    19 pounds in 3 weeks - yikes. What was he groaning about?

    Lesanne said:

    oh Hey, I don't get Sad when you lose, I just want you to stay on top


    where

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you belong. Like if I am 158 next week, you can be 159 and I will be


    really

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    glad you are not in the one sixes.... see? There was a coach who just joined a few weeks ago at
    the meeting today, big guy. He was groaning


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    moaning about guys and losing. Had lost like 19 pounds in 3 weeks or something. I told him there
    were lots of guys here. Maybe he will show


    up.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > _YOUR_ losing a pound cheers her, _my_ losing saddens her! (G) Can't quite make that woman
    > happy! (G)
    >
    > But may you both be happy next week, too.
    >
    > On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:24:52 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >Glad a WW meeting helped you get past your blues. They have the opposite effect on me.
    > >Different strokes, yada yada yada.
    > >
    > >Hey, if my losing a pound will keep your spirits up, I'll try to do it again next week!
    > >
    > >On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:08:06 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I cheered myself up at the meeting, and reading about your pound. 🙂
    > >>
    > >>"Prairie Roots" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >>"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >>> Oh Lesanne, I hope you haven't forgotten that daily fluctuations


    are a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>> natural part of life. The higher number on the scale today isn't a reflection of your
    > >>> entire existence. I'd bet money that you're not really crashing and burning, even if it
    > >>> feels that way at the


    moment.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>> In another day or two you'll be eying 155 again. Until then, cry, scream, stomp, write,
    > >>> mope, pout, walk, run, bike, eat carrots.


    This

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>> will pass.
    > >>>
    > >>> Prairie Roots
    > >>>
    > >>> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:21:43 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >>>
    > >>> >Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>would
    > >>> >be worse)
    > >>> >
    > >>> >Lesanne
    > >>> >365/158/155
    > >>> >
    > >>> >(by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)
    > >>> >
    > >>>
    > >>
    >


  2. Mosquito eggs (gd&r)

    Connie walshclan@nospam_primus.ca said:

    What are they putting into the water down there?

    Connie

    Lesanne said:

    Hey that is turning out to be an understatement! I am feeling REALLY better...

    "Connie" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message news:4013F042.9030901@nospam_primus.ca...

    Quoted message said:

    Lesanne:

    I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Meetings make me feel better

    too!!

    Quoted message said:

    Connie

    Lesanne wrote:

    >Mom is kind of dangling between stages 3 and 4. One foot in each some


    days.

    Quoted message said:

    >She does not qualify for hospice quite yet, and may not at all


    considering

    Quoted message said:

    >her slow deterioration and her age (90). The doctor says my taking her


    out

    Quoted message said:

    >for the daily walks, etc, are keeping her in very good shape. And yeah. The daughter problem
    >persists, but I am kind of handling it better than


    I

    Quoted message said:

    >was. I think I just had a post holiday/trip mini-depression. I am


    feeling

    Quoted message said:

    >SO MUCH better after I got my butt to a meeting.
    >
    >"Prairie Roots" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >
    >
    >>How are things with your daughter? Not long ago, you and I had similar concerns about our
    >>daughters' marital situations, and our granddaughters.
    >>
    >>Last night when I visited my hospice patient I thought of you and Joyce and Laura and others
    >>whose mothers (parents) are facing end-of-life health challenges. My hospice patient is
    >>bedridden with cancer and now her skin is unbearably and uncontrollably itchy. Benadryl wasn't
    >>working so now she's being given morphine to try to minimize the discomfort. Several times
    >>yesterday evening she woke up long enough to plead for help, and when I tried to find the
    >>elusive spot, my touching her was almost as bad as the irritation. The daughter, who is her
    >>sole caregiver, is still working her own business (as a chiropractor), and the toll of
    >>caregiving is very apparent on her body and face. In the year that I've been visiting, the
    >>daughter looks like she's gained about 50 lbs. I asked how she was holding up with this new
    >>stress and she said she was tired. Very tired. I left feeling very grateful that my own
    >>mother's health is good for the moment and that my father's dying was relatively short and
    >>painfree.
    >>
    >>I wish like anything you could catch a break. What stage of Alzheimer's is your mother? Is in-
    >>home hospice, paid by Medicare, an option? I'm not familiar with the particulars of certifying
    >>someone with Alzheimer's for hospice, but I do know that it can be done. At least then a
    >>volunteer could come in and spell you on a regular, even daily, basis. And Medicare's hospice
    >>benefit also provides for respite care...
    >>
    >>My apologies if I've stuck an unwelcome nose in.
    >>
    >>Prairie Roots
    >>
    >>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:25:10 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>I don't know if I can vent it, It is really just leftovers from the
    >>
    >stresses
    >
    >
    >>>last month I think, added to too much sweet junk brought home with me
    >>
    >from
    >
    >
    >>>my last trip. And back at home with no breaks in the forseeable
    >>


    future.

    Quoted message said:

    >>>"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>meh - half a pound is nothin' hon, bet you'll sweat that off in no
    >>>


    time

    Quoted message said:

    >at
    >
    >
    >>>all. I
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>like to think of those half pound gains as routine maintenance.
    >>>
    >Anything
    >
    >
    >>>you
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>care to vent on the group? Might just help ya feel better.
    >>>>
    >>>>Joyce
    >>>>
    >>>>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:21:43 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]>
    >>>
    >wrote:
    >
    >
    >>>>>Oh well, up a half pound (and it is lucky I am doing an average or it
    >>>>
    >>>would
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>>be worse)
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Lesanne
    >>>>>365/158/155
    >>>>>
    >>>>>(by the way, I have been crashing and burning here)
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5



Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.