General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

rafl oh Noooooooo

Started by Lesanne · · Last activity · 46 posts · 1,085 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 March 2004
Last activity
27 March 2004
Original author
Lesanne
Posts
46
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,085
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 46
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. i know alot of skinny people that eat lots trying to gain
    weight but can't. i work with alot of skinny people and they
    eat donuts and sandwiches and chili and stuff their hole
    shift and then whin and complain because they can't gain
    weight. hey i 'll give them my body any day. if i had that
    problem then i wouldn't have to worry about what i ate. i
    gain wiehgt just by looking at food some days.

    angie "geri" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:iEK4c.7420$po.148103@attbi_s52...

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    idea that I ought to be able to eat whatever now that I
    look "normal".


    This is an interesting statement. My sis and I were having
    this same conversation and she said something about losing
    the weight then feeling like she should be able to eat
    whatever... "like a skinny person." Well,


    if

    Quoted message said:

    you think about it, if we ate like skinny people, we would
    BE skinny


    people.

    Quoted message said:

    I've known thin or normal weight people who would seem
    to eat everything they want. I think the difference is
    they might eat a lot once in awhile, but most of the
    time they eat normal or less than normal amounts. What
    do you guys think?

    Geri

  2. On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:01:02 GMT, "geri" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    idea that I ought to be able to eat whatever now that I
    look "normal".


    This is an interesting statement. My sis and I were having
    this same conversation and she said something about losing
    the weight then feeling like she should be able to eat
    whatever... "like a skinny person." Well, if you think
    about it, if we ate like skinny people, we would BE skinny
    people. I've known thin or normal weight people who would
    seem to eat everything they want. I think the difference is
    they might eat a lot once in awhile, but most of the time
    they eat normal or less than normal amounts. What do you
    guys think?

    I think exactly that, plus they might be a bit more active
    on average. I was skinny once. During my 20s I could eat
    more or less anything I wanted at around 12 stone @6`2".
    Then I stopped smoking, got a car, got some disposable
    income and the weight gains started. I gained 112 pounds or
    around 392000 calories over 15 years which works out at <80
    calories per day. That can easily be accounted for by lack
    of exercise. If I'd carried on walking to work each day
    instead of driving the car I'd still be 12 stone!!!

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk
    273/200/182

  3. I actually made some informal studies of this when traveling
    with thin friends in the past. Overall, they don't eat much,
    compared to what I used to eat. Sort of like me now, I don't
    eat all that much compared..... most the time.

    "geri" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:iEK4c.7420$po.148103@attbi_s52...

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    idea that I ought to be able to eat whatever now that I
    look "normal".


    This is an interesting statement. My sis and I were having
    this same conversation and she said something about losing
    the weight then feeling like she should be able to eat
    whatever... "like a skinny person." Well,


    if

    Quoted message said:

    you think about it, if we ate like skinny people, we would
    BE skinny


    people.

    Quoted message said:

    I've known thin or normal weight people who would seem
    to eat everything they want. I think the difference is
    they might eat a lot once in awhile, but most of the
    time they eat normal or less than normal amounts. What
    do you guys think?

    Geri

  4. smirk 🙂

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ahem............ I heard that (g)

    Lesanne said:

    I am right on program today, lemmie tell ya. Barely got
    by this week for the first time in a really long time. Of
    course I have already done


    March

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    at 158, so this would have been free anyway, but I need
    to be reading


    lower

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    before the critical April weigh in... Not to mention it
    is TIRING being on top of FRED, since he is such a


    Lively

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    one.... *bad*

    "Prairie Roots" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Uh-oh! You'd better pay attention this week cuz you
    sure don't want to pay WW next week! You'll get
    yourself right, though. I know you will, because you
    want this really bad.

    On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:57:42 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >I's Up rather badly, to 161. Look for me to be on
    >program This week.


    Lucky

    Quoted message said:

    >me, barely made "free" since I changed my goal.... I
    >am going to pay attention this week....
    >
    >Lesanne
    >365/161/159
    >

    Linda P
    232/158/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  5. geri said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    idea that I ought to be able to eat whatever now that I
    look "normal".


    This is an interesting statement. My sis and I were having
    this same conversation and she said something about losing
    the weight then feeling like she should be able to eat
    whatever... "like a skinny person." Well, if you think
    about it, if we ate like skinny people, we would BE skinny
    people. I've known thin or normal weight people who would
    seem to eat everything they want. I think the difference is
    they might eat a lot once in awhile, but most of the time
    they eat normal or less than normal amounts. What do you
    guys think?

    We were just talking about this not too long ago, in another
    thread. I think someone had said they got pi**ed off
    watching those naturally thin people eat. My thoughts were
    like yours ... are there really any naturally thin people? I
    have a feeling that they watch things as closely as we do,
    but have been doing it for much longer. We only see them eat
    on occassion, we don't see them 24/7. The best example I
    could come up with is a neighborhood woman, who's children
    have been in school with mine forever. Nicest woman around,
    thinnest dang thing I have ever seen ... even after having 4
    children. I swore she was one of those lucky naturally think
    people and was very jealous. Just a few weeks ago I noticed
    her out on the street jogging ... then saw her again a few
    days later. Now I've noticed that this appears to be a daily
    routine for her. So is she REALLY naturally thin? She has
    always been thin from what I have seen (over the course of
    17 years) but she also seems to be very dedicated to
    remaining that way. I am sure she is careful what she eats,
    based on her diligence in exercising that I have just
    noticed. I've just begun to change my views on how I look at
    other people, realize that we don't know their entire story
    and it isn't fair to make judgement on what little we
    actually see.

    Joyce

    Quoted message said:


    Geri

  6. They would charge me for that week, then if I came in
    under the next week I would be good to go for the rest of
    the month.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ok ... soooooooooooooo, you only have to be within two
    pounds of goal


    *sometime*

    Quoted message said:

    in April to remain free? If you weighed in the first week
    over the 2


    pound limit,

    Quoted message said:

    would the immediately charge you or would you have the
    rest of the month


    to show

    Quoted message said:

    within the range? Sorry for all the questions, I know I
    don't even need


    to worry

    Quoted message said:

    about this ... but I love knowing how the system works.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    As long as I have a March weigh in within two pounds of
    goal, I go free


    for

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    March. Like that.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    As the old saying goes, *what goes up, must come down*.
    Hang in there,


    you know

    Quoted message said:

    you will get right back into the swing of things. Since
    you only have


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    officially weigh in once a month, if that weight was
    any higher would


    they

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    still

    Quoted message said:

    charge you immediately ... or would you have the extra
    few weeks to


    work

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    on it? I

    Quoted message said:

    know that isn't gonna happen, but I was just curious.

    Back to journaling girl. You know how it all works and
    I have faith in


    you! Bet

    Quoted message said:

    next week will show you waaaaaay down again.

    Joyce

    On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:57:42 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    >I's Up rather badly, to 161. Look for me to be on
    >program This week.


    Lucky

    Quoted message said:

    >me, barely made "free" since I changed my goal.... I
    >am going to pay attention this week....
    >
    >Lesanne
    >365/161/159
    >

  7. You know I had not thought of this, but it is so true. When
    we do crafts at church (where the lady thought I was one of
    those naturally thin people) the ones who have known me
    since I was 365 don't want to listen to suggestions on where
    it is good for me to eat any more, so I just began going
    along to wherever and making the best choices I can. We have
    been to a buffet the last 4 or 5 weeks, and they "vet" my
    plate. "is that all you are getting?" I finally told them
    last week that the food was just not really up to my
    standards at buffets, and offended everyone.....

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I swear maintenance is much harder. I find that the
    support I recieved


    when

    Quoted message said:

    losing is so much different than what I encounter now. For
    example ...


    when I was

    Quoted message said:

    on the losing end of things the cheers I got when losing
    fractions of a


    pound were

    Quoted message said:

    great, when I put a few pounds on everyone would help me
    get back on track


    and

    Quoted message said:

    keep me going. Now when I say the weight is up 2 pounds,
    the eyeballs


    roll and am

    Quoted message said:

    told it is not a big deal, I am being silly. It's an
    entirely different


    game, an

    Quoted message said:

    entirely different mindset. It was easy knowing what I
    could eat and


    still be

    Quoted message said:

    able to lose. Learning what I can eat and not gain is much
    more difficult


    as it

    Quoted message said:

    seems to me this continuously changes. Probably because my
    weight is more


    stable,

    Quoted message said:

    probably because the body says it doesn't need to lose
    anymore. And that


    *normal*

    Quoted message said:

    thing. No questions asked when I was on the losing end,
    when I stated I


    didn't

    Quoted message said:

    want to go to a particular restaurant ... or if I chose to
    forego a


    desert. Now

    Quoted message said:

    if I do the same thing, those eyeballs roll again. Friends
    don't seem to understand - go ahead and eat those cookies,
    you are thin, they aren't


    going to

    Quoted message said:

    hurt, you don't have to deal with the same problems as
    *we* do. And even


    I fall

    Quoted message said:

    into the same thinking traps on occassion.

    So yes ... long winded way of saying that I find
    maintenance to be much


    more

    Quoted message said:

    difficult. <g>

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    I think it is, actually. Harder than losing that is.
    There is always that creepy insidious


    sneaky

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    idea that I ought to be able to eat whatever now that I
    look "normal".

    "Laura" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:sCG4c.14589$H44.265751@bgtnsc04-
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

    Quoted message said:

    Sorry about the gain. Get back OP and the weight will
    come off again. I guess maintenance is harder than
    losing, isn't it?

    "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > I's Up rather badly, to 161. Look for me to be on
    > program This week.
    Lucky
    > me, barely made "free" since I changed my goal.... I
    > am going to pay attention this week....
    >
    > Lesanne
    > 365/161/159
    >
    >

  8. she could have said you weren't lively enough? Lee
    Fred <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ahem............ I heard that (g)

    Lesanne said:

    I am right on program today, lemmie tell ya. Barely got
    by this week for the first time in a really long time. Of
    course I have already done


    March

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    at 158, so this would have been free anyway, but I need
    to be reading


    lower

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    before the critical April weigh in... Not to mention it
    is TIRING being on top of FRED, since he is such a


    Lively

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    one.... *bad*

    "Prairie Roots" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Uh-oh! You'd better pay attention this week cuz you
    sure don't want to pay WW next week! You'll get
    yourself right, though. I know you will, because you
    want this really bad.

    On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:57:42 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >I's Up rather badly, to 161. Look for me to be on
    >program This week.


    Lucky

    Quoted message said:

    >me, barely made "free" since I changed my goal.... I
    >am going to pay attention this week....
    >
    >Lesanne
    >365/161/159
    >

    Linda P
    232/158/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  9. I think you are right on target, the difference between us and those other
    people is that their body does naturally what we must intellectually do. I
    also think that there are a bunch of normal "looking" people who do the same
    as us but we don't know about it, Lee
    geri <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:iEK4c.7420$po.148103@attbi_s52...

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    idea that I ought to be able to eat whatever now that I
    look "normal".


    This is an interesting statement. My sis and I were having
    this same conversation and she said something about losing
    the weight then feeling like she should be able to eat
    whatever... "like a skinny person." Well,


    if

    Quoted message said:

    you think about it, if we ate like skinny people, we would
    BE skinny


    people.

    Quoted message said:

    I've known thin or normal weight people who would seem
    to eat everything they want. I think the difference is
    they might eat a lot once in awhile, but most of the
    time they eat normal or less than normal amounts. What
    do you guys think?

    Geri

  10. My niece in law is the best example I ever saw. She is very
    petite. Mostly we had only eaten together at our main meal
    of the day. Recently Mom and I visited at their home in
    Austin for a day or two. She has one piece of dry toast in
    the morning "this is all I want in the morning", about a
    half a sandwich maybe at lunch time with her baby under her
    arm, and picks up a chip or two off of someone elses plate.
    Eats maybe half a peanut butter cup from someones hand mid
    afternoon. Then eats a pretty big meal in the evening. On
    her feet in motion the entire day.

    Freaky to watch. Breaks all the rules. But total calories in
    - total out seems to maintain her 100 or so pounds nicely.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    geri said:


    Quoted message said:

    > idea that I ought to be able to eat whatever now that
    > I look "normal".

    This is an interesting statement. My sis and I were
    having this same conversation and she said something
    about losing the weight then feeling like she should be
    able to eat whatever... "like a skinny person." Well,


    if

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you think about it, if we ate like skinny people, we
    would BE skinny


    people.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I've known thin or normal weight people who would seem
    to eat everything they want. I think the difference is
    they might eat a lot once in awhile, but most of the
    time they eat normal or less than normal amounts. What
    do you guys think?

    We were just talking about this not too long ago, in
    another thread. I


    think

    Quoted message said:

    someone had said they got pi**ed off watching those
    naturally thin people


    eat. My

    Quoted message said:

    thoughts were like yours ... are there really any
    naturally thin people?


    I have a

    Quoted message said:

    feeling that they watch things as closely as we do, but
    have been doing it


    for

    Quoted message said:

    much longer. We only see them eat on occassion, we don't
    see them 24/7.


    The best

    Quoted message said:

    example I could come up with is a neighborhood woman,
    who's children have


    been in

    Quoted message said:

    school with mine forever. Nicest woman around, thinnest
    dang thing I have


    ever

    Quoted message said:

    seen ... even after having 4 children. I swore she was one
    of those lucky naturally think people and was very
    jealous. Just a few weeks ago I


    noticed her

    Quoted message said:

    out on the street jogging ... then saw her again a few
    days later. Now


    I've

    Quoted message said:

    noticed that this appears to be a daily routine for her.
    So is she REALLY naturally thin? She has always been thin
    from what I have seen (over the


    course

    Quoted message said:

    of 17 years) but she also seems to be very dedicated to
    remaining that


    way. I am

    Quoted message said:

    sure she is careful what she eats, based on her diligence
    in exercising


    that I

    Quoted message said:

    have just noticed. I've just begun to change my views on
    how I look at


    other

    Quoted message said:

    people, realize that we don't know their entire story and
    it isn't fair to


    make

    Quoted message said:

    judgement on what little we actually see.

    Joyce

    Quoted message said:


    Geri

  11. Thanks for the clarification. So, if someone was up in
    weight early in the month, it is to their benefit to NOT
    attend that meeting and work their tail off the next
    week or so to get back down. Not a totally bad idea -
    not good either.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    They would charge me for that week, then if I came in
    under the next week I would be good to go for the rest of
    the month.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ok ... soooooooooooooo, you only have to be within two
    pounds of goal


    *sometime*

    Quoted message said:

    in April to remain free? If you weighed in the first week
    over the 2


    pound limit,

    Quoted message said:

    would the immediately charge you or would you have the
    rest of the month


    to show

    Quoted message said:

    within the range? Sorry for all the questions, I know I
    don't even need


    to worry

    Quoted message said:

    about this ... but I love knowing how the system works.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    As long as I have a March weigh in within two pounds of
    goal, I go free


    for

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    March. Like that.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > As the old saying goes, *what goes up, must come
    > down*. Hang in there,
    you know
    > you will get right back into the swing of things.
    > Since you only have


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > officially weigh in once a month, if that weight was
    > any higher would


    they

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    still
    > charge you immediately ... or would you have the extra
    > few weeks to


    work

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    on it? I
    > know that isn't gonna happen, but I was just curious.
    >
    > Back to journaling girl. You know how it all works and
    > I have faith in
    you! Bet
    > next week will show you waaaaaay down again.
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:57:42 GMT, "Lesanne"
    > <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    > >I's Up rather badly, to 161. Look for me to be on
    > >program This week.
    Lucky
    > >me, barely made "free" since I changed my goal.... I
    > >am going to pay attention this week....
    > >
    > >Lesanne
    > >365/161/159
    > >
    >


  12. I'm having more of a problem with my older daughter right
    now ... she means well, but geeeeeesh - get a clue! She
    just had a baby the end of january, is making a good effort
    to get back to her previous weight. But now that she is
    living directly across the street, she is sending all her
    *goodie* leftovers to our house. Today my youngest walked
    in with half a chocolate bundt cake (looks like one from
    KFC or Boston Market). I understand her not wanting the
    item where it is constantly calling her name, but don't
    understand why she won't realize that I don't need it
    calling my name either! Of course, I'm sure the youngest
    girl didn't object to carrying it home ... yet she hasn't
    been tempted at all by it.

    Like you, guess I'm the peacemaker and try to be adaptable.
    I go along with everyone else and try to do the best I can.
    I do wish that others would give me that same courtesy on
    occassion.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    You know I had not thought of this, but it is so true. When
    we do crafts at church (where the lady thought I was one of
    those naturally thin people) the ones who have known me
    since I was 365 don't want to listen to suggestions on
    where it is good for me to eat any more, so I just began
    going along to wherever and making the best choices I can.
    We have been to a buffet the last 4 or 5 weeks, and they
    "vet" my plate. "is that all you are getting?" I finally
    told them last week that the food was just not really up to
    my standards at buffets, and offended everyone.....

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I swear maintenance is much harder. I find that the
    support I recieved


    when

    Quoted message said:

    losing is so much different than what I encounter now.
    For example ...


    when I was

    Quoted message said:

    on the losing end of things the cheers I got when losing
    fractions of a


    pound were

    Quoted message said:

    great, when I put a few pounds on everyone would help me
    get back on track


    and

    Quoted message said:

    keep me going. Now when I say the weight is up 2 pounds,
    the eyeballs


    roll and am

    Quoted message said:

    told it is not a big deal, I am being silly. It's an
    entirely different


    game, an

    Quoted message said:

    entirely different mindset. It was easy knowing what I
    could eat and


    still be

    Quoted message said:

    able to lose. Learning what I can eat and not gain is
    much more difficult


    as it

    Quoted message said:

    seems to me this continuously changes. Probably because
    my weight is more


    stable,

    Quoted message said:

    probably because the body says it doesn't need to lose
    anymore. And that


    *normal*

    Quoted message said:

    thing. No questions asked when I was on the losing end,
    when I stated I


    didn't

    Quoted message said:

    want to go to a particular restaurant ... or if I chose
    to forego a


    desert. Now

    Quoted message said:

    if I do the same thing, those eyeballs roll again.
    Friends don't seem to understand - go ahead and eat those
    cookies, you are thin, they aren't


    going to

    Quoted message said:

    hurt, you don't have to deal with the same problems as
    *we* do. And even


    I fall

    Quoted message said:

    into the same thinking traps on occassion.

    So yes ... long winded way of saying that I find
    maintenance to be much


    more

    Quoted message said:

    difficult. <g>

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    I think it is, actually. Harder than losing that is.
    There is always that creepy insidious


    sneaky

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    idea that I ought to be able to eat whatever now that I
    look "normal".

    "Laura" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:sCG4c.14589$H44.265751@bgtnsc04-
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > Sorry about the gain. Get back OP and the weight will
    > come off again. I guess maintenance is harder than
    > losing, isn't it?
    >
    > "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > "]news:[email hidden]...
    > > I's Up rather badly, to 161. Look for me to be on
    > > program This week.
    > Lucky
    > > me, barely made "free" since I changed my goal.... I
    > > am going to pay attention this week....
    > >
    > > Lesanne
    > > 365/161/159
    > >
    > >
    >


  13. Wow, that doesn't seem to be much food when running after
    kids all day, but obviously she knows what works for her. I
    can understand her breakfast eating as I'm the same way. I
    really don't enjoy breakfast, am not in the mood to face
    food in the morning. I have to conciously force myself to
    fix something. Usually it's that piece of toast, maybe some
    fruit added. Today it was just a huge bowl of cut up fresh
    fruit. And that ever-present coffee. <g> My dinners are much
    larger - that seems to be *my* meal.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    My niece in law is the best example I ever saw. She is very
    petite. Mostly we had only eaten together at our main meal
    of the day. Recently Mom and I visited at their home in
    Austin for a day or two. She has one piece of dry toast in
    the morning "this is all I want in the morning", about a
    half a sandwich maybe at lunch time with her baby under her
    arm, and picks up a chip or two off of someone elses plate.
    Eats maybe half a peanut butter cup from someones hand mid
    afternoon. Then eats a pretty big meal in the evening. On
    her feet in motion the entire day.

    Freaky to watch. Breaks all the rules. But total
    calories in - total out seems to maintain her 100 or so
    pounds nicely.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    geri said:


    >> idea that I ought to be able to eat whatever now that
    >> I look "normal".
    >

    This is an interesting statement. My sis and I were
    having this same conversation and she said something
    about losing the weight then feeling like she should be
    able to eat whatever... "like a skinny person." Well,


    if

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you think about it, if we ate like skinny people, we
    would BE skinny


    people.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I've known thin or normal weight people who would seem
    to eat everything they want. I think the difference is
    they might eat a lot once in awhile, but most of the
    time they eat normal or less than normal amounts. What
    do you guys think?

    We were just talking about this not too long ago, in
    another thread. I


    think

    Quoted message said:

    someone had said they got pi**ed off watching those
    naturally thin people


    eat. My

    Quoted message said:

    thoughts were like yours ... are there really any
    naturally thin people?


    I have a

    Quoted message said:

    feeling that they watch things as closely as we do, but
    have been doing it


    for

    Quoted message said:

    much longer. We only see them eat on occassion, we don't
    see them 24/7.


    The best

    Quoted message said:

    example I could come up with is a neighborhood woman,
    who's children have


    been in

    Quoted message said:

    school with mine forever. Nicest woman around, thinnest
    dang thing I have


    ever

    Quoted message said:

    seen ... even after having 4 children. I swore she was
    one of those lucky naturally think people and was very
    jealous. Just a few weeks ago I


    noticed her

    Quoted message said:

    out on the street jogging ... then saw her again a few
    days later. Now


    I've

    Quoted message said:

    noticed that this appears to be a daily routine for her.
    So is she REALLY naturally thin? She has always been thin
    from what I have seen (over the


    course

    Quoted message said:

    of 17 years) but she also seems to be very dedicated to
    remaining that


    way. I am

    Quoted message said:

    sure she is careful what she eats, based on her diligence
    in exercising


    that I

    Quoted message said:

    have just noticed. I've just begun to change my views on
    how I look at


    other

    Quoted message said:

    people, realize that we don't know their entire story and
    it isn't fair to


    make

    Quoted message said:

    judgement on what little we actually see.

    Joyce

    Quoted message said:


    Geri


  14. You can actually have almost 8 weeks between weighin's
    if you weigh in, say first week of March. Then the last
    week of April.

    Joyce said:

    Thanks for the clarification. So, if someone was up in
    weight early in the month, it is to their benefit to NOT
    attend that meeting and work their tail off the next
    week or so to get back down. Not a totally bad idea -
    not good either.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    They would charge me for that week, then if I came in
    under the next week I would be good to go for the rest of
    the month.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ok ... soooooooooooooo, you only have to be within two
    pounds of goal


    *sometime*

    Quoted message said:

    in April to remain free? If you weighed in the first
    week over the 2


    pound limit,

    Quoted message said:

    would the immediately charge you or would you have the
    rest of the month


    to show

    Quoted message said:

    within the range? Sorry for all the questions, I know I
    don't even need


    to worry

    Quoted message said:

    about this ... but I love knowing how the system works.

    Joyce

    On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 01:17:57 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >As long as I have a March weigh in within two pounds of
    >goal, I go free


    for

    Quoted message said:

    >March. Like that.
    >
    >"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> As the old saying goes, *what goes up, must come
    >> down*. Hang in there,
    >you know
    >> you will get right back into the swing of things.
    >> Since you only have


    to

    Quoted message said:

    >> officially weigh in once a month, if that weight was
    >> any higher would


    they

    Quoted message said:

    >still
    >> charge you immediately ... or would you have the
    >> extra few weeks to


    work

    Quoted message said:

    >on it? I
    >> know that isn't gonna happen, but I was just curious.
    >>
    >> Back to journaling girl. You know how it all works
    >> and I have faith in
    >you! Bet
    >> next week will show you waaaaaay down again.
    >>
    >> Joyce
    >>
    >> On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:57:42 GMT, "Lesanne"
    >> <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:

    >>
    >> >I's Up rather badly, to 161. Look for me to be on
    >> >program This week.
    >Lucky
    >> >me, barely made "free" since I changed my goal.... I
    >> >am going to pay attention this week....
    >> >
    >> >Lesanne
    >> >365/161/159
    >> >
    >>
    >


  15. fantasy land where meals are concerned, a huge breakfast at dinnertime,
    heaven, Lee
    Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Wow, that doesn't seem to be much food when running after
    kids all day,


    but

    Quoted message said:

    obviously she knows what works for her. I can understand
    her breakfast


    eating as

    Quoted message said:

    I'm the same way. I really don't enjoy breakfast, am not
    in the mood to


    face food

    Quoted message said:

    in the morning. I have to conciously force myself to fix
    something.


    Usually it's

    Quoted message said:

    that piece of toast, maybe some fruit added. Today it was
    just a huge


    bowl of cut

    Quoted message said:

    up fresh fruit. And that ever-present coffee. <g> My
    dinners are much


    larger -

    Quoted message said:

    that seems to be *my* meal.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    My niece in law is the best example I ever saw. She is
    very petite.


    Mostly

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    we had only eaten together at our main meal of the day.
    Recently Mom and


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    visited at their home in Austin for a day or two. She has
    one piece of


    dry

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    toast in the morning "this is all I want in the morning",
    about a half a sandwich maybe at lunch time with her baby
    under her arm, and picks up a chip or two off of someone
    elses plate. Eats maybe half a peanut butter


    cup

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    from someones hand mid afternoon. Then eats a pretty
    big meal in the evening. On her feet in motion the
    entire day.

    Freaky to watch. Breaks all the rules. But total calories
    in - total


    out

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    seems to maintain her 100 or so pounds nicely.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:01:02 GMT, "geri"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >
    >>> idea that I ought to be able to eat whatever now
    >>> that I look


    "normal".

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>
    >
    >
    >This is an interesting statement. My sis and I were
    >having this same conversation and she said something
    >about losing the weight then


    feeling

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >like she should be able to eat whatever... "like a
    >skinny person."


    Well,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    if

    Quoted message said:

    >you think about it, if we ate like skinny people, we
    >would BE skinny


    people.

    Quoted message said:

    >I've known thin or normal weight people who would seem
    >to eat


    everything

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >they want. I think the difference is they might eat a
    >lot once in


    awhile,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >but most of the time they eat normal or less than
    >normal amounts. What


    do

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >you guys think?

    We were just talking about this not too long ago, in
    another thread. I


    think

    Quoted message said:

    someone had said they got pi**ed off watching those
    naturally thin


    people

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    eat. My

    Quoted message said:

    thoughts were like yours ... are there really any
    naturally thin


    people?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I have a

    Quoted message said:

    feeling that they watch things as closely as we do, but
    have been doing


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for

    Quoted message said:

    much longer. We only see them eat on occassion, we
    don't see them


    24/7.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The best

    Quoted message said:

    example I could come up with is a neighborhood woman,
    who's children


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    been in

    Quoted message said:

    school with mine forever. Nicest woman around, thinnest
    dang thing I


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ever

    Quoted message said:

    seen ... even after having 4 children. I swore she was
    one of those


    lucky

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    naturally think people and was very jealous. Just a few
    weeks ago I


    noticed her

    Quoted message said:

    out on the street jogging ... then saw her again a few
    days later. Now


    I've

    Quoted message said:

    noticed that this appears to be a daily routine for
    her. So is she


    REALLY

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    naturally thin? She has always been thin from what I
    have seen (over


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    course

    Quoted message said:

    of 17 years) but she also seems to be very dedicated to
    remaining that


    way. I am

    Quoted message said:

    sure she is careful what she eats, based on her
    diligence in exercising


    that I

    Quoted message said:

    have just noticed. I've just begun to change my views
    on how I look at


    other

    Quoted message said:

    people, realize that we don't know their entire story
    and it isn't fair


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    make

    Quoted message said:

    judgement on what little we actually see.

    Joyce
    >
    >Geri
    >
    >
    >

  16. She is tiny. Very petite in every way. About 5' 1" feet
    tall, and weighs between 90 and 100 pounds. Doesn't do any
    organized exercise, but is active when at home, she does
    have a sitting job. Her one meal is usually enough calories
    for a woman that size. If people see her eat that one, and
    don't know how she lives the rest of her day they would
    wonder. No fat people in her family at all.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Wow, that doesn't seem to be much food when running after
    kids all day,


    but

    Quoted message said:

    obviously she knows what works for her. I can understand
    her breakfast


    eating as

    Quoted message said:

    I'm the same way. I really don't enjoy breakfast, am not
    in the mood to


    face food

    Quoted message said:

    in the morning. I have to conciously force myself to fix
    something.


    Usually it's

    Quoted message said:

    that piece of toast, maybe some fruit added. Today it was
    just a huge


    bowl of cut

    Quoted message said:

    up fresh fruit. And that ever-present coffee. <g> My
    dinners are much


    larger -

    Quoted message said:

    that seems to be *my* meal.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    My niece in law is the best example I ever saw. She is
    very petite.


    Mostly

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    we had only eaten together at our main meal of the day.
    Recently Mom and


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    visited at their home in Austin for a day or two. She has
    one piece of


    dry

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    toast in the morning "this is all I want in the morning",
    about a half a sandwich maybe at lunch time with her baby
    under her arm, and picks up a chip or two off of someone
    elses plate. Eats maybe half a peanut butter


    cup

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    from someones hand mid afternoon. Then eats a pretty
    big meal in the evening. On her feet in motion the
    entire day.

    Freaky to watch. Breaks all the rules. But total calories
    in - total


    out

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    seems to maintain her 100 or so pounds nicely.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:01:02 GMT, "geri"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >
    >>> idea that I ought to be able to eat whatever now
    >>> that I look


    "normal".

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>
    >
    >
    >This is an interesting statement. My sis and I were
    >having this same conversation and she said something
    >about losing the weight then


    feeling

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >like she should be able to eat whatever... "like a
    >skinny person."


    Well,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    if

    Quoted message said:

    >you think about it, if we ate like skinny people, we
    >would BE skinny


    people.

    Quoted message said:

    >I've known thin or normal weight people who would seem
    >to eat


    everything

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >they want. I think the difference is they might eat a
    >lot once in


    awhile,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >but most of the time they eat normal or less than
    >normal amounts. What


    do

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >you guys think?

    We were just talking about this not too long ago, in
    another thread. I


    think

    Quoted message said:

    someone had said they got pi**ed off watching those
    naturally thin


    people

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    eat. My

    Quoted message said:

    thoughts were like yours ... are there really any
    naturally thin


    people?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I have a

    Quoted message said:

    feeling that they watch things as closely as we do, but
    have been doing


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for

    Quoted message said:

    much longer. We only see them eat on occassion, we
    don't see them


    24/7.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The best

    Quoted message said:

    example I could come up with is a neighborhood woman,
    who's children


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    been in

    Quoted message said:

    school with mine forever. Nicest woman around, thinnest
    dang thing I


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ever

    Quoted message said:

    seen ... even after having 4 children. I swore she was
    one of those


    lucky

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    naturally think people and was very jealous. Just a few
    weeks ago I


    noticed her

    Quoted message said:

    out on the street jogging ... then saw her again a few
    days later. Now


    I've

    Quoted message said:

    noticed that this appears to be a daily routine for
    her. So is she


    REALLY

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    naturally thin? She has always been thin from what I
    have seen (over


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    course

    Quoted message said:

    of 17 years) but she also seems to be very dedicated to
    remaining that


    way. I am

    Quoted message said:

    sure she is careful what she eats, based on her
    diligence in exercising


    that I

    Quoted message said:

    have just noticed. I've just begun to change my views
    on how I look at

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    other

    Quoted message said:

    people, realize that we don't know their entire story
    and it isn't fair


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    make

    Quoted message said:

    judgement on what little we actually see.

    Joyce
    >
    >Geri
    >
    >
    >

  17. Wow, I can do a heck of a lot of damage in 8 weeks. <G> I do
    think it is a great way to handle it though, gives you
    enough time and hopefully incentive to get a grasp on things
    immediately. It also allows plenty of recovery time if
    vacationing, special occassions, just plain ol' life getting
    in the way, etc.

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    You can actually have almost 8 weeks between weighin's if
    you weigh in, say first week of March. Then the last week
    of April.

    Joyce said:

    Thanks for the clarification. So, if someone was up in
    weight early in the month, it is to their benefit to NOT
    attend that meeting and work their tail off the next
    week or so to get back down. Not a totally bad idea -
    not good either.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    They would charge me for that week, then if I came in
    under the next week I would be good to go for the rest of
    the month.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Ok ... soooooooooooooo, you only have to be within two
    > pounds of goal
    *sometime*
    > in April to remain free? If you weighed in the first
    > week over the 2
    pound limit,
    > would the immediately charge you or would you have the
    > rest of the month
    to show
    > within the range? Sorry for all the questions, I know I
    > don't even need
    to worry
    > about this ... but I love knowing how the system works.
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 01:17:57 GMT, "Lesanne"
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >As long as I have a March weigh in within two pounds
    > >of goal, I go free
    for
    > >March. Like that.
    > >
    > >"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> As the old saying goes, *what goes up, must come
    > >> down*. Hang in there,
    > >you know
    > >> you will get right back into the swing of things.
    > >> Since you only have
    to
    > >> officially weigh in once a month, if that weight was
    > >> any higher would
    they
    > >still
    > >> charge you immediately ... or would you have the
    > >> extra few weeks to
    work
    > >on it? I
    > >> know that isn't gonna happen, but I was just
    > >> curious.
    > >>
    > >> Back to journaling girl. You know how it all works
    > >> and I have faith in
    > >you! Bet
    > >> next week will show you waaaaaay down again.
    > >>
    > >> Joyce
    > >>
    > >> On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:57:42 GMT, "Lesanne"
    > >> <[email hidden]>
    wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >I's Up rather badly, to 161. Look for me to be on
    > >> >program This week.
    > >Lucky
    > >> >me, barely made "free" since I changed my goal....
    > >> >I am going to pay attention this week....
    > >> >
    > >> >Lesanne
    > >> >365/161/159
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >
    >


  18. I'm with you Joyce. I actually hate breakfast unless I eat
    it around 11:00 or so. Coffee I have to have in the morning,
    but food first thing turns me off. I usually force myself to
    eat something at breakfast, then a healthy lunch, dinners
    are usually my larger meals too. I wish the evening snacks
    turned me off as much as breakfast!
    --
    Brenda
    209/186/150

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Wow, that doesn't seem to be much food when running after
    kids all day,


    but

    Quoted message said:

    obviously she knows what works for her. I can understand
    her breakfast


    eating as

    Quoted message said:

    I'm the same way. I really don't enjoy breakfast, am not
    in the mood to


    face food

    Quoted message said:

    in the morning. I have to conciously force myself to fix
    something.


    Usually it's

    Quoted message said:

    that piece of toast, maybe some fruit added. Today it was
    just a huge


    bowl of cut

    Quoted message said:

    up fresh fruit. And that ever-present coffee. <g> My
    dinners are much


    larger -

    Quoted message said:

    that seems to be *my* meal.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    My niece in law is the best example I ever saw. She is
    very petite.


    Mostly

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    we had only eaten together at our main meal of the day.
    Recently Mom and


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    visited at their home in Austin for a day or two. She has
    one piece of


    dry

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    toast in the morning "this is all I want in the morning",
    about a half a sandwich maybe at lunch time with her baby
    under her arm, and picks up a chip or two off of someone
    elses plate. Eats maybe half a peanut butter


    cup

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    from someones hand mid afternoon. Then eats a pretty
    big meal in the evening. On her feet in motion the
    entire day.

    Freaky to watch. Breaks all the rules. But total calories
    in - total


    out

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    seems to maintain her 100 or so pounds nicely.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:01:02 GMT, "geri"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >
    >>> idea that I ought to be able to eat whatever now
    >>> that I look


    "normal".

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>
    >
    >
    >This is an interesting statement. My sis and I were
    >having this same conversation and she said something
    >about losing the weight then


    feeling

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >like she should be able to eat whatever... "like a
    >skinny person."


    Well,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    if

    Quoted message said:

    >you think about it, if we ate like skinny people, we
    >would BE skinny


    people.

    Quoted message said:

    >I've known thin or normal weight people who would seem
    >to eat


    everything

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >they want. I think the difference is they might eat a
    >lot once in


    awhile,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >but most of the time they eat normal or less than
    >normal amounts. What


    do

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >you guys think?

    We were just talking about this not too long ago, in
    another thread. I


    think

    Quoted message said:

    someone had said they got pi**ed off watching those
    naturally thin


    people

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    eat. My

    Quoted message said:

    thoughts were like yours ... are there really any
    naturally thin


    people?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I have a

    Quoted message said:

    feeling that they watch things as closely as we do, but
    have been doing


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for

    Quoted message said:

    much longer. We only see them eat on occassion, we
    don't see them


    209/187.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The best

    Quoted message said:

    example I could come up with is a neighborhood woman,
    who's children


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    been in

    Quoted message said:

    school with mine forever. Nicest woman around, thinnest
    dang thing I


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ever

    Quoted message said:

    seen ... even after having 4 children. I swore she was
    one of those


    lucky

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    naturally think people and was very jealous. Just a few
    weeks ago I


    noticed her

    Quoted message said:

    out on the street jogging ... then saw her again a few
    days later. Now


    I've

    Quoted message said:

    noticed that this appears to be a daily routine for
    her. So is she


    REALLY

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    naturally thin? She has always been thin from what I
    have seen (over


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    course

    Quoted message said:

    of 17 years) but she also seems to be very dedicated to
    remaining that


    way. I am

    Quoted message said:

    sure she is careful what she eats, based on her
    diligence in exercising


    that I

    Quoted message said:

    have just noticed. I've just begun to change my views
    on how I look at


    other

    Quoted message said:

    people, realize that we don't know their entire story
    and it isn't fair


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    make

    Quoted message said:

    judgement on what little we actually see.

    Joyce
    >
    >Geri
    >
    >
    >

  19. At that height, she probably is the right weight even though
    it seems incredibly tiny to me (but so does 5'1"😉. Since
    there aren't any other heavy members of her family, I do
    wonder if this is just what she was accustomed to when
    growing up ... eating much lighter during the day and one
    larger main meal. If so, she may be very fortunate and it's
    more of a routine now. I have a feeling my youngest girl
    will be like this (time will tell though). Even at the age
    of 16, she still only takes half a sandwich to school in her
    lunch ... on the rare occassion she gets a burge, she eats
    maybe half of it, if even that. Today's lunch for her was a
    yogurt, slice of cheese and a granola bar - which she thinks
    is a huge lunch. Oh
    - she also takes one of those mini sized cans of soda (8 oz)
    ... diet of course.
    <G> She eats a pretty good dinner .. for her ... but it
    consists mainly of veggies, salad and about 1 to 2
    ounces of meat. She just isn't an eater I guess.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    She is tiny. Very petite in every way. About 5' 1" feet
    tall, and weighs between 90 and 100 pounds. Doesn't do any
    organized exercise, but is active when at home, she does
    have a sitting job. Her one meal is usually enough calories
    for a woman that size. If people see her eat that one, and
    don't know how she lives the rest of her day they would
    wonder. No fat people in her family at all.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Wow, that doesn't seem to be much food when running after
    kids all day,


    but

    Quoted message said:

    obviously she knows what works for her. I can understand
    her breakfast


    eating as

    Quoted message said:

    I'm the same way. I really don't enjoy breakfast, am not
    in the mood to


    face food

    Quoted message said:

    in the morning. I have to conciously force myself to fix
    something.


    Usually it's

    Quoted message said:

    that piece of toast, maybe some fruit added. Today it was
    just a huge


    bowl of cut

    Quoted message said:

    up fresh fruit. And that ever-present coffee. <g> My
    dinners are much


    larger -

    Quoted message said:

    that seems to be *my* meal.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    My niece in law is the best example I ever saw. She is
    very petite.


    Mostly

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    we had only eaten together at our main meal of the day.
    Recently Mom and


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    visited at their home in Austin for a day or two. She
    has one piece of


    dry

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    toast in the morning "this is all I want in the
    morning", about a half a sandwich maybe at lunch time
    with her baby under her arm, and picks up a chip or two
    off of someone elses plate. Eats maybe half a peanut
    butter


    cup

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    from someones hand mid afternoon. Then eats a pretty
    big meal in the evening. On her feet in motion the
    entire day.

    Freaky to watch. Breaks all the rules. But total
    calories in - total


    out

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    seems to maintain her 100 or so pounds nicely.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:01:02 GMT, "geri"
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >>> idea that I ought to be able to eat whatever now
    > >>> that I look


    "normal".

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>
    > >
    > >
    > >This is an interesting statement. My sis and I were
    > >having this same conversation and she said something
    > >about losing the weight then


    feeling

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >like she should be able to eat whatever... "like a
    > >skinny person."


    Well,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    if
    > >you think about it, if we ate like skinny people, we
    > >would BE skinny
    people.
    > >I've known thin or normal weight people who would
    > >seem to eat


    everything

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >they want. I think the difference is they might eat a
    > >lot once in


    awhile,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >but most of the time they eat normal or less than
    > >normal amounts. What


    do

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >you guys think?
    >
    > We were just talking about this not too long ago, in
    > another thread. I
    think
    > someone had said they got pi**ed off watching those
    > naturally thin


    people

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    eat. My
    > thoughts were like yours ... are there really any
    > naturally thin


    people?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I have a
    > feeling that they watch things as closely as we do,
    > but have been doing


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for
    > much longer. We only see them eat on occassion, we
    > don't see them


    24/7.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The best
    > example I could come up with is a neighborhood woman,
    > who's children


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    been in
    > school with mine forever. Nicest woman around,
    > thinnest dang thing I


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ever
    > seen ... even after having 4 children. I swore she was
    > one of those


    lucky

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > naturally think people and was very jealous. Just a
    > few weeks ago I
    noticed her
    > out on the street jogging ... then saw her again a few
    > days later. Now
    I've
    > noticed that this appears to be a daily routine for
    > her. So is she


    REALLY

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > naturally thin? She has always been thin from what I
    > have seen (over


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    course
    > of 17 years) but she also seems to be very dedicated
    > to remaining that
    way. I am
    > sure she is careful what she eats, based on her
    > diligence in exercising
    that I
    > have just noticed. I've just begun to change my views
    > on how I look at

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    other
    > people, realize that we don't know their entire story
    > and it isn't fair


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    make
    > judgement on what little we actually see.
    >
    > Joyce
    > >
    > >Geri
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >


  20. I love breakfast food just not at breakfast time, I have been able to make
    myself eat when I first get up, I try and eat something I can wash down with
    coffee to make it go down with little notice, Lee
    Brenda Hammond <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm with you Joyce. I actually hate breakfast unless I eat
    it around


    11:00

    Quoted message said:

    or so. Coffee I have to have in the morning, but food
    first thing turns


    me

    Quoted message said:

    off. I usually force myself to eat something at breakfast,
    then a healthy lunch, dinners are usually my larger meals
    too. I wish the evening snacks turned me off as much as
    breakfast!
    --
    Brenda
    209/186/150

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Wow, that doesn't seem to be much food when running
    after kids all day,


    but

    Quoted message said:

    obviously she knows what works for her. I can understand
    her breakfast


    eating as

    Quoted message said:

    I'm the same way. I really don't enjoy breakfast, am not
    in the mood to


    face food

    Quoted message said:

    in the morning. I have to conciously force myself to fix
    something.


    Usually it's

    Quoted message said:

    that piece of toast, maybe some fruit added. Today it
    was just a huge


    bowl of cut

    Quoted message said:

    up fresh fruit. And that ever-present coffee. <g> My
    dinners are much


    larger -

    Quoted message said:

    that seems to be *my* meal.

    Joyce

    On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:30:29 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    My niece in law is the best example I ever saw. She is
    very petite.


    Mostly

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    we had only eaten together at our main meal of the day.
    Recently Mom


    and

    Quoted message said:

    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    visited at their home in Austin for a day or two. She
    has one piece of


    dry

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    toast in the morning "this is all I want in the
    morning", about a half


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sandwich maybe at lunch time with her baby under her
    arm, and picks up


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    chip or two off of someone elses plate. Eats maybe half
    a peanut


    butter

    Quoted message said:

    cup

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    from someones hand mid afternoon. Then eats a pretty
    big meal in the evening. On her feet in motion the
    entire day.

    Freaky to watch. Breaks all the rules. But total
    calories in - total


    out

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    seems to maintain her 100 or so pounds nicely.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:01:02 GMT, "geri"
    > <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    > >
    > >>> idea that I ought to be able to eat whatever now
    > >>> that I look


    "normal".

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>
    > >
    > >
    > >This is an interesting statement. My sis and I were
    > >having this same conversation and she said something
    > >about losing the weight then


    feeling

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >like she should be able to eat whatever... "like a
    > >skinny person."


    Well,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    if
    > >you think about it, if we ate like skinny people, we
    > >would BE skinny
    people.
    > >I've known thin or normal weight people who would
    > >seem to eat


    everything

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >they want. I think the difference is they might eat
    > >a lot once in


    awhile,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >but most of the time they eat normal or less than
    > >normal amounts.


    What

    Quoted message said:

    do

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >you guys think?
    >
    > We were just talking about this not too long ago, in
    > another thread.


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    think
    > someone had said they got pi**ed off watching those
    > naturally thin


    people

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    eat. My
    > thoughts were like yours ... are there really any
    > naturally thin


    people?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I have a
    > feeling that they watch things as closely as we do,
    > but have been


    doing

    Quoted message said:

    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for
    > much longer. We only see them eat on occassion, we
    > don't see them


    24/7.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The best
    > example I could come up with is a neighborhood woman,
    > who's children


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    been in
    > school with mine forever. Nicest woman around,
    > thinnest dang thing I


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ever
    > seen ... even after having 4 children. I swore she
    > was one of those


    lucky

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > naturally think people and was very jealous. Just a
    > few weeks ago I
    noticed her
    > out on the street jogging ... then saw her again a
    > few days later.


    Now

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I've
    > noticed that this appears to be a daily routine for
    > her. So is she


    REALLY

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > naturally thin? She has always been thin from what I
    > have seen (over


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    course
    > of 17 years) but she also seems to be very dedicated
    > to remaining


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    way. I am
    > sure she is careful what she eats, based on her
    > diligence in


    exercising

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that I
    > have just noticed. I've just begun to change my views
    > on how I look


    at

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    other
    > people, realize that we don't know their entire story
    > and it isn't


    fair

    Quoted message said:

    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    make
    > judgement on what little we actually see.
    >
    > Joyce
    > >
    > >Geri
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >


Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.