RafL: Small weightloss - but hey..

Mette

Guest
IT'S a LOSS:eek:)

I weighed in at 115.74 (When I convert my 52.5 kg to Pounds) - how many oz is ".74"?? I lost 300
grams, which is 0.66 lbs - but since I am a metric person, I forgot how many oz to 1 lbs:eek:)
Enlighten me please:eek:)

If I convert with rounded results I haven't lost anything at all, but I WILL record it as a loss:eek:)

119/115.75/108

PS) I stuck to my points 5 days out of 7, and even on the low side. But I guess alkohol during the
weekend really can slow things down.... I have also found out that the KEY thing to weight loss
(which I have not been doing) is SWEAT and VEGGIES:eek:) So today I will SWEAT and eat my veggies:eek:)

16 ounces = 1 pound. So, rounding .74 to .75 (which is also 3/4 or 3/4 of a pound) ... would give
you .75 = 12ounces. Is my math clear as mud? <grin> Your loss of .66 lbs would be a tad over 5
ounces (figuring .66 = 1/3 of a pound ... or
1/3 of 16 ounces). In my book, that is definitely a loss - good for you!

In addition to alcohol slowing weightloss down, it definitely dehydrates the body
- which will actually cause you to retain more water. So, if you feel like you just must have
that alcohol, then you probably should increase your water intake. Eating below points isn't
going to help at all either. Believe it or not, you DO have to eat in order to lose. Eating too
little will make your body hang on to every little thing it can in order to prevent you from
starving yourself.

Joyce

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:36:22 +0100, "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>IT'S a LOSS:eek:)
>
>I weighed in at 115.74 (When I convert my 52.5 kg to Pounds) - how many oz is ".74"?? I lost 300
>grams, which is 0.66 lbs - but since I am a metric person, I forgot how many oz to 1 lbs:eek:)
>Enlighten me please:eek:)
>
>If I convert with rounded results I haven't lost anything at all, but I WILL record it as a loss:eek:)
>
>119/115.75/108
>
>PS) I stuck to my points 5 days out of 7, and even on the low side. But I guess alkohol during the
> weekend really can slow things down.... I have also found out that the KEY thing to weight loss
> (which I have not been doing) is SWEAT and VEGGIES:eek:) So today I will SWEAT and eat my veggies:eek:)

any loss is a wonderful thing, Lee
Mette <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> IT'S a LOSS:eek:)
>
> I weighed in at 115.74 (When I convert my 52.5 kg to Pounds) - how many oz is ".74"?? I lost 300
> grams, which is 0.66 lbs - but since I am a metric person, I forgot how many oz to 1 lbs:eek:)
> Enlighten me please:eek:)
>
> If I convert with rounded results I haven't lost anything at all, but I
WILL
> record it as a loss:eek:)
>
> 119/115.75/108
>
> PS) I stuck to my points 5 days out of 7, and even on the low side. But I guess alkohol during the
> weekend really can slow things down.... I have also found out that the KEY thing to weight loss
> (which I have not been doing) is SWEAT and VEGGIES:eek:) So today I will SWEAT and eat my
> veggies:eek:)

hey, down is down, as I often mention :):)

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> IT'S a LOSS:eek:)
>
> I weighed in at 115.74 (When I convert my 52.5 kg to Pounds) - how many oz is ".74"?? I lost 300
> grams, which is 0.66 lbs - but since I am a metric person, I forgot how many oz to 1 lbs:eek:)
> Enlighten me please:eek:)
>
> If I convert with rounded results I haven't lost anything at all, but I
WILL
> record it as a loss:eek:)
>
> 119/115.75/108
>
> PS) I stuck to my points 5 days out of 7, and even on the low side. But I guess alkohol during the
> weekend really can slow things down.... I have also found out that the KEY thing to weight loss
> (which I have not been doing) is SWEAT and VEGGIES:eek:) So today I will SWEAT and eat my
> veggies:eek:)

Hi, I see others have answered the measurement question. Congratulations on the loss.
--
Take Care Catherine
154/135.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 133.2

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> IT'S a LOSS:eek:)
>
> I weighed in at 115.74 (When I convert my 52.5 kg to Pounds) - how many oz is ".74"?? I lost 300
> grams, which is 0.66 lbs - but since I am a metric person, I forgot how many oz to 1 lbs:eek:)
> Enlighten me please:eek:)
>
> If I convert with rounded results I haven't lost anything at all, but I
WILL
> record it as a loss:eek:)
>
> 119/115.75/108
>
> PS) I stuck to my points 5 days out of 7, and even on the low side. But I guess alkohol during the
> weekend really can slow things down.... I have also found out that the KEY thing to weight loss
> (which I have not been doing) is SWEAT and VEGGIES:eek:) So today I will SWEAT and eat my
> veggies:eek:)

0.3kg was my weekly average whilst losing :) Nothing to be sneezed at!

--
Julie.
93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> IT'S a LOSS:eek:)
>
> I weighed in at 115.74 (When I convert my 52.5 kg to Pounds) - how many oz is ".74"?? I lost 300
> grams, which is 0.66 lbs - but since I am a metric person, I forgot how many oz to 1 lbs:eek:)
> Enlighten me please:eek:)
>
> If I convert with rounded results I haven't lost anything at all, but I
WILL
> record it as a loss:eek:)
>
> 119/115.75/108
>
> PS) I stuck to my points 5 days out of 7, and even on the low side. But I guess alkohol during the
> weekend really can slow things down.... I have also found out that the KEY thing to weight loss
> (which I have not been doing) is SWEAT and VEGGIES:eek:) So today I will SWEAT and eat my
> veggies:eek:)

Indeed, a loss is a loss, so good for you!
For the conversion : I downloaded this neat little programme that converts
about anything to anything, meaning I understand now when people here talk
about oz, pounds, Joules, Fahrenheit degrees :)
Look here, it 's a very small and cool programme and it 's free :
http://www.joshmadison.com/software/convert/

So your 300 grams are 10.6 oz, and the 0.74 you asked about are 11.84 oz.

--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> IT'S a LOSS:eek:)
>
> I weighed in at 115.74 (When I convert my 52.5 kg to Pounds) - how many oz is ".74"?? I lost 300
> grams, which is 0.66 lbs - but since I am a metric person, I forgot how many oz to 1 lbs:eek:)
> Enlighten me please:eek:)
>
> If I convert with rounded results I haven't lost anything at all, but I
WILL
> record it as a loss:eek:)
>
> 119/115.75/108
>
> PS) I stuck to my points 5 days out of 7, and even on the low side. But I guess alkohol during the
> weekend really can slow things down.... I have also found out that the KEY thing to weight loss
> (which I have not been doing) is SWEAT and VEGGIES:eek:) So today I will SWEAT and eat my
> veggies:eek:)

Any loss is a good loss Mette. Congratulations!
--
Brenda
209/178/150 RafL goal 165

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> IT'S a LOSS:eek:)
>
> I weighed in at 115.74 (When I convert my 52.5 kg to Pounds) - how many oz is ".74"?? I lost 300
> grams, which is 0.66 lbs - but since I am a metric person, I forgot how many oz to 1 lbs:eek:)
> Enlighten me please:eek:)
>
> If I convert with rounded results I haven't lost anything at all, but I
WILL
> record it as a loss:eek:)
>
> 119/115.75/108
>
> PS) I stuck to my points 5 days out of 7, and even on the low side. But I guess alkohol during the
> weekend really can slow things down.... I have also found out that the KEY thing to weight loss
> (which I have not been doing) is SWEAT and VEGGIES:eek:) So today I will SWEAT and eat my
> veggies:eek:)

A WI where any column shows a lower number than the previous WI is good progress. Congrats on
being down.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:36:22 +0100, "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>IT'S a LOSS:eek:)
>
>I weighed in at 115.74 (When I convert my 52.5 kg to Pounds) - how many oz is ".74"?? I lost 300
>grams, which is 0.66 lbs - but since I am a metric person, I forgot how many oz to 1 lbs:eek:)
>Enlighten me please:eek:)
>
>If I convert with rounded results I haven't lost anything at all, but I WILL record it as a loss:eek:)
>
>119/115.75/108
>
>PS) I stuck to my points 5 days out of 7, and even on the low side. But I guess alkohol during the
> weekend really can slow things down.... I have also found out that the KEY thing to weight loss
> (which I have not been doing) is SWEAT and VEGGIES:eek:) So today I will SWEAT and eat my veggies:eek:)

Prairie Roots
232/166/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

You have had a loss, don't worry about it. :) Congrats to you!

--

~Kristin O~
272/240.8/172

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> IT'S a LOSS:eek:)
>
> I weighed in at 115.74 (When I convert my 52.5 kg to Pounds) - how many oz is ".74"?? I lost 300
> grams, which is 0.66 lbs - but since I am a metric person, I forgot how many oz to 1 lbs:eek:)
> Enlighten me please:eek:)
>
> If I convert with rounded results I haven't lost anything at all, but I
WILL
> record it as a loss:eek:)
>
> 119/115.75/108
>
> PS) I stuck to my points 5 days out of 7, and even on the low side. But I guess alkohol during the
> weekend really can slow things down.... I have also found out that the KEY thing to weight loss
> (which I have not been doing) is SWEAT and VEGGIES:eek:) So today I will SWEAT and eat my
> veggies:eek:)

"Joyce" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[email protected]...
> 16 ounces = 1 pound. So, rounding .74 to .75 (which is also 3/4 or 3/4 of
> pound) ... would give you .75 = 12ounces. Is my math clear as mud? <grin>
Your
> loss of .66 lbs would be a tad over 5 ounces (figuring .66 = 1/3 of a
pound ... or
> 1/3 of 16 ounces). In my book, that is definitely a loss - good for you!

Why can't you just go metric? LOL:eek:) I am still a tad confused. I have a food scale that I bought
int he us - it has metric on one side and oz on the other side, and it shows that 300 grams = 10 oz
- not 5 oz, like you said?...

>> Eating below points isn't going to help at all either. Believe it or
not, you DO
> have to eat in order to lose. Eating too little will make your body hang
on to
> every little thing it can in order to prevent you from starving yourself.

I am not eating below points, but sticking to the low end (18-20 pts) because I am not very
physically active. But I also know from my previous experience that sometimes one will have those
very small losses and it all evens out in the end:eek:) - I am down several cm around my waist, back
and hips already and feel far less bloated:eek:)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:58:35 +0100, "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Joyce" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]...
>> 16 ounces = 1 pound. So, rounding .74 to .75 (which is also 3/4 or 3/4 of
>> pound) ... would give you .75 = 12ounces. Is my math clear as mud? <grin>
>Your
>> loss of .66 lbs would be a tad over 5 ounces (figuring .66 = 1/3 of a
>pound ... or
>> 1/3 of 16 ounces). In my book, that is definitely a loss - good for you!
>
>Why can't you just go metric? LOL:eek:) I am still a tad confused. I have a food scale that I bought
>int he us - it has metric on one side and oz on the other side, and it shows that 300 grams = 10 oz
>- not 5 oz, like you said?...

hehehe - it just isn't gonna happen. I'm too old to learn yet another form of math. <G> I'd have to
lost .66 of a pound, which is one third of a pound. I don't recall where the 300 grams came into
play. I also am not sure of the scale you have, as most all the nutritional labels I have state that
28g=1oz ... but I suppose 30g is close enough. <G> By that calc, yes - 300g = 10 ounces, which is a
little over 1/2 a pound (8 ounces = 1/2 a pound).

Ok, here is what you originally wrote:

>I lost 300 grams, which is 0.66 lbs - but since I am a metric person, I forgot how many oz
>to 1 lbs:eek:)

Ok, that's where I messed up. You are right, should be 2/3 of a pound, or roughly 10 ounces. Sorry
'bout that! I stated 5 ounces, which is 1/3 of a pound ... didn't double it as I should have. That's
what I get for trying to move too fast.
<G>

>>> Eating below points isn't going to help at all either. Believe it or
>not, you DO
>> have to eat in order to lose. Eating too little will make your body hang
>on to
>> every little thing it can in order to prevent you from starving yourself.
>
>I am not eating below points, but sticking to the low end (18-20 pts) because I am not very
>physically active. But I also know from my previous experience that sometimes one will have those
>very small losses and it all evens out in the end:eek:) - I am down several cm around my waist, back
>and hips already and feel far less bloated:eek:)

Ahhhh, ok - I misunderstood. I interpreted *sticking to the low side* as being below - again, sorry
'bout that. <G> I was one who seemed to always have those smaller losses for several weeks, then all
of a sudden one big whoosh ... then again lots of little losses. Yup, they all add up and balance
out in the end. And I honestly do think we are better off losing slower, as it gives us more time to
adjust, learn and put into practice our new knowledge.

Joyce

16 oz (the abbreviation for ounces in the US for others who may be reading) = 1 lb (pound) = 453.59
grams = .45 kg

Where we got abbreviations of oz=ounce and lb=pound, I have no idea (altho, I'm sure it is on the
web somewhere! (G))

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:03:08 +0100, "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Joyce" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]...
>
>Hi Joyce:eek:) Thanks for the clarification. I lived in the US for 2½ years, but never really got
>quite used to the whole lbs/oz thing..;o)

And where did I get in the habit of using # as the abbreviation for pound/lb.?

Joyce

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:43:34 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>16 oz (the abbreviation for ounces in the US for others who may be reading) = 1 lb (pound) = 453.59
>grams = .45 kg
>

>Where we got abbreviations of oz=ounce and lb=pound, I have no idea (altho, I'm sure it is on the
>web somewhere! (G))
>
>On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:03:08 +0100, "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"Joyce" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]...
>>
>>Hi Joyce:eek:) Thanks for the clarification. I lived in the US for 2½ years, but never really got
>>quite used to the whole lbs/oz thing..;o)

I don't know but someone's got your #! (g)