RAFL wk 3/THTP wk 7 - Laura (LJ)

I just avoid bakerys like the plague. Easiest way of avoiding the tempation. At a friends house it
is a lot harder. I find it very hard to eat properly when I am around her. She needs to lose plenty
of weight herself plus she is now a diabetic and should not be having this stuff. I don't think
she'll ever get "IT". Unfortunately she's my social buddy.

> Those kind of cookies use to be a once to twice a week staple. Now, maybe twice in more than a
> year and when a hiking trip is planned. Resist at the bakery is what it takes. Now if they were at
> a friend's house...... that would be harder
>
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 03:17:21 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Thanks Lesanne. Let's hope it works. I did blow it tonight at a friends house. She brought out
> >these huge chocolate chip cookies for us. I have
no
> >clue as to how many points they were. These cookies must have been 6
inches
> >in diameter. But they were soooo good.
> >
> >"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> >> Great week Laura, that is really good, a loss, and Life too :)
> >>
> >> "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:EsRQb.12495$6O4.386165@bgtnsc04-
> >> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

> >> good
> >> landed
One
> >> so
> >soup
> >> protein.
> >> Wouldn't
> >> was
> >flush

> >on
> >> better
September
> >is
> >> how
> >Truth
So
> >now

Way to go on the fantastic loss this week! Sure looks like the fast track plan worked very well for
you. How long are you planning on sticking with it? I thought it was only a 2 week program, but I
really didn't look overly close at it. My fear would be that if you stay on it for much longer than
that, you could possibly mess up your metabolism - if you are in a range where your body requires
many more calories. Then again, what do I know! LOL

Glad you are back on the losing end of the game, Laura. And good luck this week!

Joyce

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:41:24 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>RAFL wk 3: down 2.5 to 212.5. Total loss to date is 33.1 lbs.
>
>I decided to try the Fast Track plan this week. I started the week out good and dropped the 2.5 lbs
>by Tuesday. Then the scale did not want to move anymore. I did see 211.5 one day this week but the
>daily fluctuations landed on 212.5. I OD'd on French Onion soup Friday night at Ruby Tuesdays. One
>bowl did have the cheese & bread but the second one did not. It has been so cold and windy here
>lately with no sign of it letting up so I wanted soup to warm me up. I had their soup and salad bar
>for dinner. I loaded up on veggies and added 1/4 cupfuls of cheese, ham and cottage cheese for
>protein. For dessert I had some fruit and a little bit of chocolate pudding. Wouldn't you know it
>yesterday morning I was up 2lbs from the salt in the soup. I was so glad to see the 2lbs gone this
>morning. WATER {glug} truly helps flush the extra salt from our bodies.
>
>My game plan at this point is to continue with following the FT except on days that I eat out. This
>is part of my WOL so I need to find a way to properly incorporate it into my eating. So...I will
>eat low and make better choices when I eat out. I think what I was doing wrong since September is
>eating my target & Activity points each day plus eating out 2-3 nights a week. I'm not very good at
>calculating points when I don't know exactly how they made a dish so I probably under estimated my
>points those meal. Truth be told, I probably ate my Flexpoints a few times over those weeks. So now
>I am back to eating low to bank for the times that I eat out. This is how I was doing it last
>summer at my mothers house and it worked. So far it is working again.
>
>Inches: 2.75" (total)
>
>THTP wk 7: 4 Curves sessions

It is a 2 week program. I'm going to do it for a while longer but not as low as 20 points. I want to
ease back to the old mininum of 24 and switch to the old plan. I tend to eat low by nature on days
that I am OP. yesterday was 18 and that was only because I had a bag of soy crisps before bed. BUT
this is only to BANK for the days that I eat out. Tonight (weather permitting) is Chinese buffet
night. I need to have enough points to cover that. Eating low on all of the other days is what
worked this summer. We'll see how long this works for but it is worth a shot. The regular Flex plan
does not seem to fit my life style.

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Way to go on the fantastic loss this week! Sure looks like the fast track
plan
> worked very well for you. How long are you planning on sticking with it?
> thought it was only a 2 week program, but I really didn't look overly
close at it.
> My fear would be that if you stay on it for much longer than that, you
could
> possibly mess up your metabolism - if you are in a range where your body
requires
> many more calories. Then again, what do I know! LOL
>
> Glad you are back on the losing end of the game, Laura. And good luck
this week!

> Joyce
>
> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:41:24 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >RAFL wk 3: down 2.5 to 212.5. Total loss to date is 33.1 lbs.
> >
> >I decided to try the Fast Track plan this week. I started the week out
good
> >and dropped the 2.5 lbs by Tuesday. Then the scale did not want to move anymore. I did see 211.5
> >one day this week but the daily fluctuations
landed
> >on 212.5. I OD'd on French Onion soup Friday night at Ruby Tuesdays. One bowl did have the cheese
> >& bread but the second one did not. It has been
so
> >cold and windy here lately with no sign of it letting up so I wanted soup
> >warm me up. I had their soup and salad bar for dinner. I loaded up on veggies and added 1/4
> >cupfuls of cheese, ham and cottage cheese for
protein.
> >For dessert I had some fruit and a little bit of chocolate pudding.
Wouldn't
> >you know it yesterday morning I was up 2lbs from the salt in the soup. I
was
> >so glad to see the 2lbs gone this morning. WATER {glug} truly helps flush the extra salt from our
> >bodies.
> >
> >My game plan at this point is to continue with following the FT except on days that I eat out.
> >This is part of my WOL so I need to find a way to properly incorporate it into my eating. So...I
> >will eat low and make
better
> >choices when I eat out. I think what I was doing wrong since September is eating my target &
> >Activity points each day plus eating out 2-3 nights a week. I'm not very good at calculating
> >points when I don't know exactly
how
> >they made a dish so I probably under estimated my points those meal.
Truth
> >be told, I probably ate my Flexpoints a few times over those weeks. So
now I
> >am back to eating low to bank for the times that I eat out. This is how I was doing it last
> >summer at my mothers house and it worked. So far it is working again.
> >
> >Inches: 2.75" (total)
> >
> >THTP wk 7: 4 Curves sessions

That sounds like a very reasonable plan, Laura. You're also incorporating dining out into the plan,
which sounds to me like maybe this is just an adjusted form of the Wendy plan. So far I haven't
really been able to get the flex plan to work very well for me ... probably just something in my
head that is refusing to kick in. I tend to horde points on the flex plan, and eat too little.
Having that huge number looking at me all the time is just plain scary - doesn't work for me. So
back to the old program for me also. I'm wishing you lots of success!

Joyce

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:13:04 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>> >This is part of my WOL so I need to find a way to properly incorporate it into my eating. So...I
>> >will eat low and make
>better
>> >choices when I eat out. I think what I was doing wrong since September is eating my target &
>> >Activity points each day plus eating out 2-3 nights a week. I'm not very good at calculating
>> >points when I don't know exactly
>how
>> >they made a dish so I probably under estimated my points those meal.
>Truth
>> >be told, I probably ate my Flexpoints a few times over those weeks. So
>now I
>> >am back to eating low to bank for the times that I eat out. This is how I was doing it last
>> >summer at my mothers house and it worked. So far it is working again.

isn't it odd how different things work for different people, flex works even
better than the old one and that one worked fine, Lee
> [...]
fit
> >my life style.
> >
> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> Way to go on the fantastic loss this week! Sure looks like the fast
track
> >plan
> >> worked very well for you. How long are you planning on sticking with
it?
> >> thought it was only a 2 week program, but I really didn't look overly
> >close at it.
> >> My fear would be that if you stay on it for much longer than that, you
> >could
> >> possibly mess up your metabolism - if you are in a range where your
body
> >requires
> >> many more calories. Then again, what do I know! LOL
> >>
> >> Glad you are back on the losing end of the game, Laura. And good luck

I'm still thinking the flex is difficult to work around maintenance - then again, it's probably
just something in my own head. Losing and knowing that there are extra points available is one
thing ... trying to hold tight and having them flaunting themselves in my face is something else
entirely. <G> I think I'm the sort that has to have the incentive to *work* - hence the banking
system works better for me. If I WANT to indulge, then I know I HAVE to get off my butt and work
for it - balance things out, give and take so to speak. I don't mind using the old program at all,
I only wish the online website would allow us to have a choice of which journal to use, instead of
forcing the issue.

Joyce

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:24:46 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:13:04 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >It is a 2 week program. I'm going to do it for a while longer but not as
>low
>> >as 20 points. I want to ease back to the old mininum of 24 and switch to
>the
>> >old plan. I tend to eat low by nature on days that I am OP. yesterday was
>18
>> >and that was only because I had a bag of soy crisps before bed. BUT this
>is
>> >only to BANK for the days that I eat out. Tonight (weather permitting) is Chinese buffet night.
>> >I need to have enough points to cover that. Eating
>low
>> >on all of the other days is what worked this summer. We'll see how long
>this
>> >works for but it is worth a shot. The regular Flex plan does not seem to

I was actually wondering about that and when I was looking at the journal
one thing DH pointed out is that the on line journal is even different from
the paper one they give us at meetings. I hated depriving myself to get the
extra I always felt anxiety about saving enough points and I worried my
treat wouldn't work out so I would get gypped. Now with the flex points I
can ignore them for the most part and if there are any left at the end of
the week I can have a treat. I think it is a shame that WW does not support
the other journal as well, but then the site could be so much more than it
is. I think they are in great need of a designer that could help with
formatting and speech compatibility for sure. Lee
> [...]
> >> That sounds like a very reasonable plan, Laura. You're also
incorporating
> >dining
> >> out into the plan, which sounds to me like maybe this is just an
adjusted
> >form of
> >> the Wendy plan. So far I haven't really been able to get the flex plan
> >work
> >> very well for me ... probably just something in my head that is
refusing
> >to kick
> >> in. I tend to horde points on the flex plan, and eat too little.
Having
> >that
> >> huge number looking at me all the time is just plain scary - doesn't
work
> >for me.
> >> So back to the old program for me also. I'm wishing you lots of

I don't think the choice of journals would be overly difficult either, since they have the older
type journaling available for other countries. WW website does need to get with things a bit. It's
good, but could be soooooo much better. I have never seen the paper journals handed out at the
meetings. What is different about them? I would definitely be interested in hearing the
differences. Isn't it funny how people's minds work so differently? I've found that with the
flexpoint system I actually eat less than I did when using the old system. And eating less is not
necessarily a good thing! I know it is something in my head about the possibility of overeating -
yet the math works out to pretty much the same. Oh well, whatever works for us individually is what
we should stick with.
<G>

Joyce

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:17:38 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>> sort that has to have the incentive to *work* - hence the banking system
>works
>> better for me. If I WANT to indulge, then I know I HAVE to get off my
>butt and
>> work for it - balance things out, give and take so to speak. I don't
>mind using
>> the old program at all, I only wish the online website would allow us to
>have a
>> choice of which journal to use, instead of forcing the issue.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:24:46 -0600, "Miss Violette"
><[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >isn't it odd how different things work for different people, flex works
>even
>> >better than the old one and that one worked fine, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message

Well I bit the bullet today and rejoined WW. Mom gave me a American Express gift card for xmas so
that's how I am going to spend a chunk of it. I also bought an exercise tape for days that I can't
make it to curves plus a digital food scale to replace my 20 year old manual scale. Maybe that will
help things along.

Based on my preliminary discussion with the leader my eating out is the culprit. I need to treat
those meals as replacement meals for those had at home. No splurging or over sized portions. I think
this summer when we went out I did better at portion control and choices because my mother and
husband were always there keeping my honest. Now I eat out with my <overweight> neighbor so it is a
lot harder to stay OP. I will have to work on that one.

The other thing I have been doing wrong is falling into the rut of having the same things for
breakfast and lunch. So I bought waffles and another brand of cereal for breakfast. For lunches this
week it will be different everyday as I bought 5 Lean Cuisines that were on sale. Maybe I'll add
sandwiches in every once in a while. I'll add a salad or celery/carrot sticks to the meal plus jello
or yogart for dessert. Dinner has always been different each night so that's not a problem. I'm
going to give the Flex plan another try before switching back to the old plan. Maybe I'll make it a
point to have my leader check my journals each week I don't have a loss. Maybe having more eyes
watch what I am doing helped this summer. Who knows any more.

> [...]
> >> extra points available is one thing ... trying to hold tight and having
> >them
> >> flaunting themselves in my face is something else entirely. <G> I
think
> >I'm the
> >> sort that has to have the incentive to *work* - hence the banking
system
> >works
> >> better for me. If I WANT to indulge, then I know I HAVE to get off my
> >butt and
> >> work for it - balance things out, give and take so to speak. I don't
> >mind using
> >> the old program at all, I only wish the online website would allow us
> >have a
> >> choice of which journal to use, instead of forcing the issue.
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:24:46 -0600, "Miss Violette"

the old paper journal was similar to what is on line now. The newer paper
one is more like a checkbook register, small and compact. Somebody who has
actually looked at it needs to describe it, all I had to hear was checkbook
and my brain switched off. The only good thing about the on line stuff is
that I have for the most part been able to do it by myself without a lot of
help from DH. It is weird how our brains work and even though we know we
need to adapt the program to fit our needs and they tell us that at meetings
it would be nice to see more practice of it, Lee
> [...]
> >> extra points available is one thing ... trying to hold tight and having
> >them
> >> flaunting themselves in my face is something else entirely. <G> I
think
> >I'm the
> >> sort that has to have the incentive to *work* - hence the banking
system
> >works
> >> better for me. If I WANT to indulge, then I know I HAVE to get off my
> >butt and
> >> work for it - balance things out, give and take so to speak. I don't
> >mind using
> >> the old program at all, I only wish the online website would allow us
> >have a
> >> choice of which journal to use, instead of forcing the issue.
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:24:46 -0600, "Miss Violette"

You are going to be doing great, says she who cannot do it without her
meeting :):). .. ..

"Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5xWSb.150671$6y6.2948083@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Well I bit the bullet today and rejoined WW. Mom gave me a American
Express
> gift card for xmas so that's how I am going to spend a chunk of it. I also bought an exercise tape
> for days that I can't make it to curves plus a digital food scale to replace my 20 year old manual
> scale. Maybe that will help things along.
>
> Based on my preliminary discussion with the leader my eating out is the culprit. I need to treat
> those meals as replacement meals for those had at home. No splurging or over sized portions. I
> think this summer when we
went
> out I did better at portion control and choices because my mother and husband were always there
> keeping my honest. Now I eat out with my <overweight> neighbor so it is a lot harder to stay OP. I
> will have to
work
> [...]
> from
> > >the paper one they give us at meetings. I hated depriving myself to
get
> the
> > >extra I always felt anxiety about saving enough points and I worried my treat wouldn't work out
> > >so I would get gypped. Now with the flex
points
> > >can ignore them for the most part and if there are any left at the end
of
> > >the week I can have a treat. I think it is a shame that WW does not
> support
> > >the other journal as well, but then the site could be so much more than
> it
> > >is. I think they are in great need of a designer that could help with formatting and speech
> > >compatibility for sure. Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message

On the few rare occasions when I have had ice cream out, I have asked for half a scoop and the
response has been that's not enough and I've had to emphasize that was all I wanted and I would pay
for the larger quantity but did not want it in the cup or on the cone. Yup, portion control.

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:54:32 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>> >
>> > The other thing I have been doing wrong is falling into the rut of
>having
>> > the same things for breakfast and lunch. So I bought waffles and another brand of cereal for
>> > breakfast. For lunches this week it will be
>different
>> > everyday as I bought 5 Lean Cuisines that were on sale. Maybe I'll add sandwiches in every once
>> > in a while. I'll add a salad or celery/carrot sticks to the meal plus jello or yogart for
>> > dessert. Dinner has always
>> been
>> > different each night so that's not a problem. I'm going to give the Flex plan another try
>> > before switching back to the old plan. Maybe I'll make
>it
>> > point to have my leader check my journals each week I don't have a loss. Maybe having more eyes
>> > watch what I am doing helped this summer. Who

I think you have made a great start. Let us know how it works. I admit I
do eat out a bunch and the reason it works for me is that I try and keep the
same eating pattern. When I want something that comes in a huge portion I
just get a to go box and put half in to start with so I am not tempted to
"just finish it off"... Good luck, Lee
Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well I bit the bullet today and rejoined WW. Mom gave me a American
Express
> gift card for xmas so that's how I am going to spend a chunk of it. I also bought an exercise tape
> for days that I can't make it to curves plus a digital food scale to replace my 20 year old manual
> scale. Maybe that will help things along.
>
> Based on my preliminary discussion with the leader my eating out is the culprit. I need to treat
> those meals as replacement meals for those had at home. No splurging or over sized portions. I
> think this summer when we
went
> out I did better at portion control and choices because my mother and husband were always there
> keeping my honest. Now I eat out with my <overweight> neighbor so it is a lot harder to stay OP. I
> will have to
work
> [...]
> from
> > >the paper one they give us at meetings. I hated depriving myself to
get
> the
> > >extra I always felt anxiety about saving enough points and I worried my treat wouldn't work out
> > >so I would get gypped. Now with the flex
points
> > >can ignore them for the most part and if there are any left at the end
of
> > >the week I can have a treat. I think it is a shame that WW does not
> support
> > >the other journal as well, but then the site could be so much more than
> it
> > >is. I think they are in great need of a designer that could help with formatting and speech
> > >compatibility for sure. Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message

I got the check book version for the first time yesterday. I'll be sticking with my excel
spreadsheet as I don't like not seeing how many total points I have eaten for the day or how many
flex points are left at the same time.

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> [...]
> from
> > >the paper one they give us at meetings. I hated depriving myself to
get
> the
> > >extra I always felt anxiety about saving enough points and I worried my treat wouldn't work out
> > >so I would get gypped. Now with the flex
points
> > >can ignore them for the most part and if there are any left at the end
of
> > >the week I can have a treat. I think it is a shame that WW does not
> support
> > >the other journal as well, but then the site could be so much more than
> it
> > >is. I think they are in great need of a designer that could help with formatting and speech
> > >compatibility for sure. Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message

It certainly can be a guessing game when we hit a stall for a lengthy period of time. Sounds like
you have a good plan of attack in place, and maybe officially rejoining will get you back in step.
You may have been doing something as easily as overestimating portions or guessing at those *out*
meals - very easy to do but can put us out of sync. I never did vary breakfast or lunch very much -
kind of went in spurts. I'd buy a box of cereal, eat it til it's gone then move on to something
different. Have you thought about moving away from the heavier carb breakfasts, maybe? I notice you
said you bought a different cereal and waffles ... what about making some eggs or fruit for a change
of pace? And do be careful with those quickie boxed lunches ... lots of sodium there (if it affects
you) ... remember to push that water. <G>

Here's hoping that a loss will greet you this next week!

Joyce

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 23:05:37 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

> differences.
> > Isn't
> > > it funny how people's minds work so differently? I've found that with
> the
> > > flexpoint system I actually eat less than I did when using the old
> system.
> > And
> > > eating less is not necessarily a good thing! I know it is something
in
> my
> > head
> > > about the possibility of overeating - yet the math works out to pretty
> > much the
> > > same. Oh well, whatever works for us individually is what we should
> stick
> > with.
> > > <G>
> > >
> > > Joyce
> > >
> > > On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:17:38 -0600, "Miss Violette"

yeah, what you said. Why do you suppose we always get arguments?

> [...]
> pay for the larger quantity but did not want it in the cup or on the cone. Yup, portion control.
>
> On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:54:32 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Thanks Lesanne. I'm trying really hard. I did discover tonight what I thought was a 1/2 cup of
> >sherbet was the kiddie size and not the small as
we
> >have been getting. oops. When DH and DD went out to the ice cream store
(we
> >know the owner) I said "tell jane 1/2 cup serving". I was getting too
many
> >points for my dessert. oops. Portion control...portion control....
> >
> >"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> You are going to be doing great, says she who cannot do it without her meeting :):). .. ..

I have been at Charlie Brown's and asked for 1 small scoop and I got it. I did not bother to check
the bill to see what they charged me for it. I didn't care. I just did not want the temptation of it
in front of me. I am a firm believer in "out of site, out of mind" when it comes to food.

> [...]
> pay for the larger quantity but did not want it in the cup or on the cone. Yup, portion control.
>
> On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:54:32 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Thanks Lesanne. I'm trying really hard. I did discover tonight what I thought was a 1/2 cup of
> >sherbet was the kiddie size and not the small as
we
> >have been getting. oops. When DH and DD went out to the ice cream store
(we
> >know the owner) I said "tell jane 1/2 cup serving". I was getting too
many
> >points for my dessert. oops. Portion control...portion control....
> >
> >"Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> You are going to be doing great, says she who cannot do it without her meeting :):). .. ..

I too must have the meeting, Lee
> [...]
> differences.
> > Isn't
> > > it funny how people's minds work so differently? I've found that with
> the
> > > flexpoint system I actually eat less than I did when using the old
> system.
> > And
> > > eating less is not necessarily a good thing! I know it is something
in
> my
> > head
> > > about the possibility of overeating - yet the math works out to pretty
> > much the
> > > same. Oh well, whatever works for us individually is what we should
> stick
> > with.
> > > <G>
> > >
> > > Joyce
> > >
> > > On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:17:38 -0600, "Miss Violette"

Thanks Lee. I am planning on doing that except for when I get the Applebee's LF meals. They are low
enough in points that I can eat the whole meal. Tonight will be Subway. Thank god I can order a 6"
sub and not worry about a ton of points.