Rans Rocket

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Al Kubeluis, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Al Kubeluis

    Al Kubeluis Guest

    Hi Benters, A post on Benrideronline by a guy who put an M5 seat on his Rocker reminded me of my
    Rocket, which was my 2nd bent and I loved it, but it was a bit short for me. I'm 5'11' and rode it
    in a way laid back position by cutting 3'' off seat posts. Now this put me over rear wheel. Each
    bump hit on the mesh seat made me a trampoline performer. Rocket would be a great bent if wheel base
    were extended to about 47'' and came with M5 glass seat option.
    --
    ~ Al Kubeluis ~ Bacchetta Corsa ~ Maryland ~ USA ~

    Tags:

  2. Pat

    Pat Guest

    "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Benters, Rocket would be a great bent if wheel base were extended to about 47'' and came with
    > M5 glass seat option.

    Other than the 20/26 wheel configuration this bike sounds like the Bacchetta Giro.

  3. Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    <Other than the 20/26 wheel configuration this bike sounds like the Bacchetta Giro.

    Not quite...The Giro sports a padded base/meshback seat. The Corsa has the
    fiberglass M5 seat.

    Inc 1-800-586-6645 "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hi Benters, Rocket would be a great bent if wheel base were extended to about
    47''
    > > and came with M5 glass seat option.
    >
    > Other than the 20/26 wheel configuration this bike sounds like the
    Bacchetta Giro.

  4. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    > > Rocket would be a great bent if wheel base were extended to about 47'' and came with M5
    > > glass seat option.
    >
    > Other than the 20/26 wheel configuration this bike sounds like the Bacchetta Giro.

    Um, and the M5 seat.

    Derek

  5. Derek Swift <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Rocket would be a great bent if wheel base were extended to about 47'' and came with M5
    > > > glass seat option.
    > >
    > > Other than the 20/26 wheel configuration this bike sounds like the Bacchetta Giro.
    >

    > Um, and the M5 seat.
    >
    > Derek

    Except you would have to replace the stock Rocket bars w/ Bacchetta bars which is what I am doing.
    Cut off the Rocket riser (& bar) 1 cm above the top cable stop & insert a 1&1/8 MTB quill stem (120
    mm extension appears to be about equivalent to the Bacch riser stem extension). 'Profile' makes a
    nice light stem with a removable handlebar clamp & available in different extentions to customize
    reach(@ about 1/2 the cost of the Bacch riser). Will post photo when I've completed the retrofit.