Rans Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Al Kubeluis

Hi Benters, A post on Benrideronline by a guy who put an M5 seat on his Rocker reminded me of my
Rocket, which was my 2nd bent and I loved it, but it was a bit short for me. I'm 5'11' and rode it
in a way laid back position by cutting 3'' off seat posts. Now this put me over rear wheel. Each
bump hit on the mesh seat made me a trampoline performer. Rocket would be a great bent if wheel base
were extended to about 47'' and came with M5 glass seat option.
--
~ Al Kubeluis ~ Bacchetta Corsa ~ Maryland ~ USA ~

"Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi Benters, Rocket would be a great bent if wheel base were extended to about 47'' and came with
> M5 glass seat option.

Other than the 20/26 wheel configuration this bike sounds like the Bacchetta Giro.

Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

<Other than the 20/26 wheel configuration this bike sounds like the Bacchetta Giro.

Not quite...The Giro sports a padded base/meshback seat. The Corsa has the
fiberglass M5 seat.

Jude....///Bacchetta AERO St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland Wheel Doctor Cycle and Sports,
Inc 1-800-586-6645 "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Hi Benters, Rocket would be a great bent if wheel base were extended to about
47''
> > and came with M5 glass seat option.
>
> Other than the 20/26 wheel configuration this bike sounds like the
Bacchetta Giro.

> > Rocket would be a great bent if wheel base were extended to about 47'' and came with M5
> > glass seat option.
>
> Other than the 20/26 wheel configuration this bike sounds like the Bacchetta Giro.

Um, and the M5 seat.

Derek

Derek Swift <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > Rocket would be a great bent if wheel base were extended to about 47'' and came with M5
> > > glass seat option.
> >
> > Other than the 20/26 wheel configuration this bike sounds like the Bacchetta Giro.
>

> Um, and the M5 seat.
>
> Derek

Except you would have to replace the stock Rocket bars w/ Bacchetta bars which is what I am doing.
Cut off the Rocket riser (& bar) 1 cm above the top cable stop & insert a 1&1/8 MTB quill stem (120
mm extension appears to be about equivalent to the Bacch riser stem extension). 'Profile' makes a
nice light stem with a removable handlebar clamp & available in different extentions to customize
reach(@ about 1/2 the cost of the Bacch riser). Will post photo when I've completed the retrofit.

Status
Not open for further replies.