RANS seat/Tailbone problem

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bentbiker, Mar 18, 2003.

  1. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    I've seen in the past, people complain that the new RANS seat caused their tailbone to ache, this
    happened to me recently, but I didn't pay attention to the "cure" people suggested, I thought it had
    something to do with trimming the foam? Any help would be appreciated.

    Tags:

  2. Tom Thompson

    Tom Thompson Guest

    "bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I've seen in the past, people complain that the new RANS seat caused their tailbone to ache, this
    > happened to me recently, but I didn't pay attention to the "cure" people suggested, I thought it
    > had something to do with trimming the foam? Any help would be appreciated.

    Probably the same thing I did on my TE. I cut a wedge out of the top layer foam right under my
    tailbone, with the base of the wedge at the back of the seat. It's something like 1.75" wide by
    3.5" long. Took ten minutes with a utility knife, including the time to remove and replace the seat
    base cover.

    Tom Thompson

  3. Ben Fox

    Ben Fox Guest

    The only cure I found was to change to a mesh seat! Ben fox "bentbiker" <[email protected]>