RANS seat/Tailbone problem

Bentbiker

Guest
I've seen in the past, people complain that the new RANS seat caused their tailbone to ache, this
happened to me recently, but I didn't pay attention to the "cure" people suggested, I thought it had
something to do with trimming the foam? Any help would be appreciated.

"bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I've seen in the past, people complain that the new RANS seat caused their tailbone to ache, this
> happened to me recently, but I didn't pay attention to the "cure" people suggested, I thought it
> had something to do with trimming the foam? Any help would be appreciated.

Probably the same thing I did on my TE. I cut a wedge out of the top layer foam right under my
tailbone, with the base of the wedge at the back of the seat. It's something like 1.75" wide by
3.5" long. Took ten minutes with a utility knife, including the time to remove and replace the seat
base cover.

Tom Thompson

The only cure I found was to change to a mesh seat! Ben fox "bentbiker" <[email protected]>