Rans V2 X seam range?

trailgalore

Guest
Anyone know the X-seam range for a Rans Velocity Squared large frome? Most
interested in the shortest length.

"trailgalore" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone know the X-seam range for a Rans Velocity Squared large frome? Most
> interested in the shortest length.

My '99 catalog shows the 34" frame as 37" to 49" and the 40" frame as 40" to
52" for x-seam sizes.
Hope this answers you question.

gotbent, aka FRVT rider

trailgalore wrote:
> Anyone know the X-seam range for a Rans Velocity Squared large frome? Most
> interested in the shortest length.

The V3 [1] which replaces the Velocity Squared has a range of 34.2
inches to 45.7 inches for the standard frame and 37.2 inches to 48.7
inches for the large frame.

However, let it be noted that RANS measures X-seam differently than some
in the recumbent business.

RANS' method: <http://www.ransbikes.com/XSeam.htm>.

The more common method, since most recumbent riders are not flexible
enough to use the RANS method properly:
<http://www.hostelshoppe.com/tech_xseam.php>.

P.S. What is a "Rans"?

[1] <http://www.ransbikes.com/V308.htm>.

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> trailgalore wrote:
>> Anyone know the X-seam range for a Rans Velocity Squared large frome?
>> Most interested in the shortest length.

> The V3 [1] which replaces the Velocity Squared has a range of 34.2 inches
> to 45.7 inches for the standard frame and 37.2 inches to 48.7 inches for
> the large frame.
>
> However, let it be noted that RANS measures X-seam differently than some
> in the recumbent business.
>
> RANS' method: <http://www.ransbikes.com/XSeam.htm>.
>
> The more common method, since most recumbent riders are not flexible
> enough to use the RANS method properly:
> <http://www.hostelshoppe.com/tech_xseam.php>.
>
> P.S. What is a "Rans"?
>
> [1] <http://www.ransbikes.com/V308.htm>.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> The weather is here, wish you were beautiful

OP might be looking for a used RANS V squared, in which case the dimensions
for a V3 would be less than relevant. <wink>

gotbent, aka FRVT rider

gotbent aka FRVTR wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> trailgalore wrote:
>>> Anyone know the X-seam range for a Rans Velocity Squared large frome?
>>> Most interested in the shortest length.

>> The V3 [1] which replaces the Velocity Squared has a range of 34.2 inches
>> to 45.7 inches for the standard frame and 37.2 inches to 48.7 inches for
>> the large frame.
>>
>> However, let it be noted that RANS measures X-seam differently than some
>> in the recumbent business.
>>
>> RANS' method: <http://www.ransbikes.com/XSeam.htm>.
>>
>> The more common method, since most recumbent riders are not flexible
>> enough to use the RANS method properly:
>> <http://www.hostelshoppe.com/tech_xseam.php>.
>>
>> P.S. What is a "Rans"?
>>
>> [1] <http://www.ransbikes.com/V308.htm>.
>>

> OP might be looking for a used RANS V squared, in which case the dimensions
> for a V3 would be less than relevant. <wink>

True. However, if I recall correctly, RANS has changed [1] the way they
measure X-seam back and forth between the ways shown in the two links I
posted, and therefore the potential purchaser needs to know what method
was in use for the published numbers to be useful.

If someone (a RANS dealer?) had a complete collection of 21st Century
RANS brochures, this question could probably be answered properly.

[1] An event related to the departure of John Schlitter from the company?